Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you going to watch this card?
This poll is closed.
No 25 47.17%
Please don't lie, here, among friends 28 52.83%
Total: 53 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Did every SBG fighter loss or did Aisling win? I missed that fight. Pretty sure Seery isn't an SBG guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
paddy's awesome too. good post fight interview.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

fighting is like a playstation game confirmed

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Smolka vs Mighty Mouse in Honolulu, fill up the Pro Bowl stadium, on Pro Bowl weekend #MoveTheFuckinNeedle

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

LobsterMobster posted:

Smolka vs Mighty Mouse in Honolulu, fill up the Pro Bowl stadium, on Pro Bowl weekend #MoveTheFuckinNeedle

Nah he is too cool to be sacrificed yet. I wanna see Horiguchi fight someone in the top 5

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I'd actually like to see Cejudo fight Smolka but that's probably too big of a jump for him.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
reasonably good fights all in all. and cathal pendred got hurt. not a bad break to the drought

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Cejudo barely got by camus so maybe not

Marching Powder posted:

reasonably good fights all in all. and cathal pendred got hurt. not a bad break to the drought

If even one of the scrapped fights had remained it'd have been decent card

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Cejudo barely got by camus so maybe not

If even one of the scrapped fights had remained it'd have been decent card

I actually think Smolka might gently caress up Cejudo but they seem to be protecting him is what I was getting at.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Le Saboteur posted:

I actually think Smolka might gently caress up Cejudo but they seem to be protecting him is what I was getting at.

In my defence I am very dumb

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Le Saboteur posted:

Did every SBG fighter loss or did Aisling win? I missed that fight. Pretty sure Seery isn't an SBG guy.

Aisling won, and at one point she was warned for 12 to 6 elbows to her opponent's calf.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
God damnit just got home and start the stream to see its all over.

I wanna see Smolka at the press conference. His last post fight press conference was awesome, he seems much smarter and insightful than your average fighter.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

tesilential posted:

God damnit just got home and start the stream to see its all over.

I wanna see Smolka at the press conference. His last post fight press conference was awesome, he seems much smarter and insightful than your average fighter.

such great heights

Fifthace
May 3, 2003

No.
The fights today were fun and the post fight interviews were fun as well. Seery just being like "I'm old and not gonna be champion but let me fight some dudes" was refreshing.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

POTN: Seery, Breese
FOTN: Dalby/Till

All well deserved, there were a lot of cool fights on this card. Also I probably would have thrown Smolka a bonus too but Seerys guillotine was probably cooler.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
for all intents and purposes this card never happened. close thread. forget

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Bundt Cake posted:

for all intents and purposes this card never happened. close thread. forget

no! no. the brutal beating of cathal pendred must be preserved.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Marching Powder posted:

no! no. the brutal beating of cathal pendred must be preserved.

:agreed:

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
never heard of him

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Bundt Cake posted:

never heard of him

in nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti amen

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

Le Saboteur posted:

Norman Parke is alright but the kid really needs to work on his gas tank and accuracy. He's going to get torn up by any top 10 lightweights.

I love him since he's local but he won't stop anyone ever. He's the Wayne McCullogh of MMA without the world title. It's lovely that he seems to be good enough to look good against non competitors but top 10 fighters would really stretch him.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

I love him since he's local but he won't stop anyone ever. He's the Wayne McCullogh of MMA without the world title. It's lovely that he seems to be good enough to look good against non competitors but top 10 fighters would really stretch him.

gleison tibau beat him. he won't progress to the rankings until he gets frankie edgar cardio. that said though i really don't mind norman parke. he threw a purse at a guy whose life story reads like a martin scorcese script.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

gleison tibau beat him. he won't progress to the rankings until he gets frankie edgar cardio. that said though i really don't mind norman parke. he threw a purse at a guy whose life story reads like a martin scorcese script.

The drama he created at the weigh ins was half the reason I even tuned into the card so yeah good on him.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Is Breese the English guy who hosed up a Brazillian in Brazil and then grabbed the mic and addressed the crowd in confident Portuguese?

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

CommonShore posted:

Is Breese the English guy who hosed up a Brazillian in Brazil and then grabbed the mic and addressed the crowd in confident Portuguese?

I believe you're thinking of Darren Till, who also owns

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Yeah it was Till who trains in Brazil currently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

And he was also in a cool fight last night. Very good.

• Locked thread