Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

sportsgenius86 posted:

Salvador Perez sounds like Andre the Giant

Until now I didn't think it was possible to love Salvi even more but

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
To the cool Blue Jays players and any cool Blue Jays fans, sorry your season didn't end on a better note. I hope you get to see your team win the World Series someday soon, just as long as you get in line behind the Royals. ;)

To any super salty/arrogant Blue Jays, :getin:

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Berzerker posted:

The Jays lost because they stranded eight thousand runners in scoring position.

This had something to do with it.

http://www.brooksbaseball.net/pfxVB...ue=mlb&pnf&zlpo

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

man i was wanting to see jays vs mets

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

It's okay man. I know how much it hurts to strand the tying run on third in an elimination game.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

alpha_destroy posted:

It's okay man. I know how much it hurts to strand the tying run on third in an elimination game.

My only consolation is that Royals have no chance of having the SP to beat the mets.

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

"Just a few more ligaments and this baby can shoot 90!"
It was a hell of a year. :smith:

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Strike calls look less bad here

Still weren't strikes though.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
I bet its depressing as gently caress to walk into the losing locker room as they are tearing down the champagne splash guards

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I mean I get that, but 0/12 RISP (3/28 across the games in KC) is pretty pathetic. I love the Jays and I was real sour about that neckbeard earlier until I saw a slowed-down gif but they just were not producing.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

Marketing New Brain posted:

I bet its depressing as gently caress to walk into the losing locker room as they are tearing down the champagne splash guards

On the contrary, when I worked for the Rays in 2011, they went from rushing the plastic guards and champagne out of the locker room to rushing it back in during game 162. It was pretty fun to watch from the outside.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Marketing New Brain posted:

Well there wouldn't have been any in the Jays locker room tonight since they couldn't clinch.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Re: the ground rules in KC, if it's above the pad it's gone, right?

Because that was certainly headed either off that rail or in between the rail and pad.

tau
Mar 20, 2003

Sigillum Universitatis Kansiensis
Royals just kept moving the line. That's all there is to it.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Well there wouldn't have been any in the Jays locker room tonight since they couldn't clinch.

touche. Also I wanted David Price to call that interviewer an idiot.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

coronaball posted:

Because that was certainly headed either off that rail or in between the rail and pad.

Yes, that is correct. Ball was gone.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
Just got back home and gotta say gently caress YEAH ROYALS

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."
poo poo.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Sandpuppy posted:

Just got back home and gotta say gently caress YEAH ROYALS

gently caress YEAH!

gently caress everyone who jumped on the Royals bandwagon last year and hopped off to ride the Jays Train this year!

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

coronaball posted:

The more I watch replay of it, the surer I am that if he did not glove that ball, it would have bounced between the rail and pad and hit him right in the dick. This would have been infinitely cooler.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
I just want to see Ben Revere with a live microphone to talk about that last at-bat.

Then an interview with that trash can's mother

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
was one hell of a game. would have liked to see it go the other way but kc played well all series.

hope to see you get crushed by the mets.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Congrats Royals, it was an intense series. I look forward to caring about baseball again in another 20 years.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I just heard the most bizarre hot take on local postgame, comparing the Royals knocking Bautista out of the playoffs to Fidel Castro ousting Fulgencio Batista.

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

Grittybeard posted:

I just heard the most bizarre hot take on local postgame, comparing the Royals knocking Bautista out of the playoffs to Fidel Castro ousting Fulgencio Batista.

I heard that coming back from the game. I am pretty sure that guy has dementia. Took my ten month old son to the game, his first one. I was about to choke Yost when Madsen came in.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
The Royals out-scored the Jays 38 to 26.

In the four losses by the Jays, they batted 4/41, or .098, leaving 32 men on. The Royals in their wins went 17/37 (.460), stranding 20.
In the two wins by the Jays, they hit 7/17 (.412) and stranded 10. KC went were 3/11 (.273) and stranded 11.

Combined, the Jays were 11/58 (.190) and left 42 on base. KC was 20/48 (.416) leaving 31.

But really, all you have to look at is last night's RISP of 0/12. That says it all about why the best offense in baseball is going home. They didn't show up at all.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Oct 24, 2015

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Feel bad for Dickey and Thole.

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."
Well in the somber haze of next morning: poo poo.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Even if the Jays lose tonight, pushing the series to six games isn't so bad. They can say "at least we're not the Cubs."

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

The Royals out-scored the Jays 38 to 26.

In the four losses by the Jays, they batted 4/41, or .098, leaving 32 men on. The Royals in their wins went 17/37 (.460), stranding 20.
In the two wins by the Jays, they hit 7/17 (.412) and stranded 10. KC went were 3/11 (.273) and stranded 11.

Combined, the Jays were 11/58 (.190) and left 42 on base. KC was 20/48 (.416) leaving 31.

But really, all you have to look at is last night's RISP of 0/12. That says it all about why the best offense in baseball is going home. They didn't show up at all.

Jeeze that didn't last long

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
The second-half 2015 Blue Jays has replaced Barfield-Bell-Moseby in my heart as my favourite Jays squad ever. I loved watching them play every game and they hung a new banner at the SkyDome. I'm sad they didn't get rings and I'm sad that baseball is now over for the year. I hope the Jays keep every player they possibly can for next year.

Peace out. Flip every bat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Chexoid posted:

Jeeze that didn't last long

Those aren't contradictory posts.

I wasn't saying "congratulations to the jays for pushing it to game 6" because they were a crappy team who barely bumbled their way into WC 2 and somehow made it that far despite all expectations. I was saying "congratulations for pushing it to game 6 despite looking godawful in the first two games", which was, quelle suprise, because their offense was shut down.

• Locked thread