Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2YPs0AkzvU

"We have all this super awesome photorealistic hardware that can play the game in 4K, but the only units in the game are hovertanks, objectively the least visually interesting unit. Enjoy playing this inferior rip-off of Supreme Commander" -the game developers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkFleetOne
Nov 11, 2012
:firstpost:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Pre-beta lol

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Chomp8645 posted:

Pre-beta lol

It's funny because it's a game for beta bitches.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Chomp8645 posted:

Pre-beta lol

oh man where will they ever find rts spergs with 2000 dollar computers to test their glorious piece of software

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

The best part is where it says:

"and it'll probably kill your pets."

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
im gonna play some tyf2 if anywho wants too

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
"You know what's futuristic? Hovertanks."

"Let's make every unit a hovertank, so you know it's the extra future."

*Uses engine capable of rendering realistic textures and movement in glorious 4k to build game where every unit looks like a metal donut with a turret on top*

It takes place after the singularity, the time when every nerd's most creative and outlandish dreams can come true. Where are the lumbering mechs? The sinuous spider monsters? The 50ft women with laser tits?

I haven't been this disappointed in a game that hasn't come out yet since Windows98's GBS RPG.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
"I'm glad I spent $40 so I could watch a floating oil refinery launch glowing orbs at a bunch of silver Pacmans" -discerning customers

If you'll excuse me, I'll be playing Commander Keen until a better game comes out.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Applewhite posted:

Commander Keen

did you ever translate that alien text, i did :smuggo:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

lonesomedwarf posted:

did you ever translate that alien text, i did :smuggo:

I used to write in the alien text (AKA the Standard Galactic Alphabet) all the time when I was little to the point where I could read it like the regular alphabet.

The SGA is also featured in my other all time favorite game: Minecraft.

DarkFleetOne
Nov 11, 2012

Applewhite posted:

I used to write in the alien text (AKA the Standard Galactic Alphabet) all the time when I was little to the point where I could read it like the regular alphabet.

The SGA is also featured in my other all time favorite game: Minecraft.

you're gay

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

No u

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Chomp8645 posted:

Pre-beta lol

Pro-beta

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
Tell us what this game is aboot

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Video games have stupid names

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Why would I play this when I could play Wargame: Red Dragon which looks and is :krad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XybTzMDEiu0

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Oct 24, 2015

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

ghetto wormhole posted:

Why would I play this when I could play Wargame: Red Dragon which looks and is :krad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XybTzMDEiu0

wargame kinda sucks actually.... I want to like it but it's impossible to get in to after taking a break. need a good team for it to be fun.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

hemale in pain posted:

wargame kinda sucks actually.... I want to like it but it's impossible to get in to after taking a break. need a good team for it to be fun.

Actually it's really good.

Or maybe that's because I always play it with 1-2 friends.

It's weird because all the pubbies who play it online are really amazingly bad at it unlike everyone who plays traditional RTS games where they invariably kick me in the dick so hard it flies back into my body and I die like a defenseless baby.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

It's just one of those things which is impossible to get back into. I used to play airland battle and so much has changed since then i cba to relearn balance/remake decks and try to force my freinds to play it with me.

automatch and 1v1s are terrible/dead so it's just not something you can play alone.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i hope ashes of singularity is good and cool because i liked sup com forged alliance :)

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Applewhite posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2YPs0AkzvU

"We have all this super awesome photorealistic hardware that can play the game in 4K, but the only units in the game are hovertanks, objectively the least visually interesting unit. Enjoy playing this inferior rip-off of Supreme Commander" -the game developers.

im the very noticable screen tearing

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
"Instead of using intuitive 2D icons for units that make visual sense when zoomed out, we're harnessing the awesome computer power of Nowadays to allow players to get the feel of being a real commander with absolutely no command and control systems other than a telephone and a flying saucer, Just Like Gamers Always Wanted."

Do one, Stardock Guy.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Is this star citizen?

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
in the ashes of the weed singularity only the many artistic incarnations of snoop dogg will remain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i have a lot of time for stardock because of Gal Civs but they can gently caress right off with this off-brand jabroni rts bullshit

• Locked thread