Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

make sure you pick up some cigars for all the boys beforehand op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Horniest Manticore posted:

and how do you think they keep the grass that short? a bunch of guys with scissors? :smugdroid:

Mexicans are a renewable resource too :mmmsmug:

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

I love golf, yet I despise 99% of golfers.

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

and how do you think they keep the grass that short? a bunch of guys with scissors? :smugdroid:

Yeah I'm sure the greenskeepers of the world are putting a real dent in the our fuel supply

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Heavy Petting posted:

I love golf, yet I despise 99% of golfers.

Am...am I in the 1%?? :ohdear:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
"TIT-leist"

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Nooner posted:

Mexicans are a renewable resource too :mmmsmug:

not if President Trump has anything to say about it :agesilaus:

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

No brugh - Im sure we'd be pals .. puttin' pals :unsmith:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

not if President Trump has anything to say about it :agesilaus:

:vince:

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
golf owns this is my contribution

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i like balls

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures
I've been told to keep your left foot planted, and also to swing using mostly your left arm using your right arm to guide it in a pendulum type movement. But my swing is awkward and my hips don't know what to do, so I'm only hitting 1 solid ball for every 3 worm burners. Any idea how I can fix this? So far I've tried different brands of beer and combinations of hard liquor with limited success.

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

dethkon posted:

I've been told to keep your left foot planted, and also to swing using mostly your left arm using your right arm to guide it in a pendulum type movement. But my swing is awkward and my hips don't know what to do, so I'm only hitting 1 solid ball for every 3 worm burners. Any idea how I can fix this? So far I've tried different brands of beer and combinations of hard liquor with limited success.

Care post: Put the ball further back in your stance and focus on making a divot in FRONTof the ball. Also, concentrate.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
unless the course has windmills and animitronic bearpaws swatting my balls i really cant be bothered

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

dethkon posted:

Learn from a professional athlete:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-_Oji3mLV4

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUPPnVo0CII

Incomplete Fish
Apr 22, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Nooner did you win the golf?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i got a new set of clubs and started playing on "the reg" about 6 months ago and christ, its the dumbest, easiest game on earth and yet its loving infuriatingly hard and awful. thus, i love it. its chill and cool and good.

"Golf is a good walk, spoiled" - Mark Twain

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

dethkon posted:

That's all wrong. You can fix this by shelling out the 30 bucks it costs to take a 30 minute lesson. Or you can post a down the line and front on video and I can tell you what to do.

Incomplete Fish
Apr 22, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Dave_Indeed posted:

That's all wrong. You can fix this by shelling out the 30 bucks it costs to take a 30 minute lesson. Or you can post a down the line and front on video and I can tell you what to do.

^ This is true. A golf swing is one of the most unnatural movements to learn. You will save yourself a lot of frustration w/ an intro lesson from a golf pro. You'll still be bad afterwards but at least you'll know what to work on. After you take a lesson go to driving ranges a lot and just use the irons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
for a successful golf round you need to win your first couple of fist-fights or else everyone will think your a bitch

kinda like prison imo

• Locked thread