Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
im old rick bitch
Oct 19, 2004

How does it feel?
Just applied to the main guild as mirrorquiz. Seems like I got into the game too late, unlucky. Anyone actually still playing this?

awesome thanks

im old rick bitch fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jan 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

mirrorquiz posted:

Just applied to the main guild as mirrorquiz. Seems like I got into the game too late, unlucky. Anyone actually still playing this?
Mainly myself and Hanales. Filecabinet sometimes does stuff. You'll have to PM Zotix or Kill All Humans in order to get in as they are the only ones who can accept invites.

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

I've moved to JP and pretty much quit playing Global. Zotix is currently the guild master and the only one who can assign a new master or submaster so if someone wants to take over then send him a PM and hope he still has the game installed? Or start a new guild, or move over to Goon Squad 2 if that's still active.

The JP version is super fun by the way.

Edit: mirrorquiz is in the guild now for what it's worth.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Kill All Humans posted:

I've moved to JP and pretty much quit playing Global. Zotix is currently the guild master and the only one who can assign a new master or submaster so if someone wants to take over then send him a PM and hope he still has the game installed? Or start a new guild, or move over to Goon Squad 2 if that's still active.

The JP version is super fun by the way.

Edit: mirrorquiz is in the guild now for what it's worth.

Nalin do you want to just start a new guild with you and I and we can invite some pubbies? Mirror you are welcome to come along, the player base is low so we still get guild rewards every week.

im old rick bitch
Oct 19, 2004

How does it feel?
Yeah for sure, I'd love to. The game is really pretty fun, but I'm just not ready to use a translation guide for everything to play. Don't think I could jump over to the Japanese version. Just let me know what you want to do, I'm too lazy to spam in gchat for a guild and I'm sure no decent guilds want my rank 45 or whatever account. I'm playing way too much right now and being in a somewhat active guild would make the obsession feel less deviant.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
I just PMed zotix asking him to promote Nalin or I to guildmaster so we can clean out the guild of inactives and let anyone join who wants to in the future.

He still posts on SA so he hasn't disappeared completely.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
To folks who are looking on at envy to the JP version, right now is a pretty good time to start doing rerolls as there's a hell of a lot of concurrent events going on (at least one of which gives you a free 4*character+weapon and some pretty powerful town decorations), and they just released two of the most powerful units in the game (Top 3-5 easily) and a rework to the Lancer class which has significantly tipped the scales in their favor.

e: You're looking for either one of these with your first 250 stones

Left is Almond Premio, has a centered-AOE and a rotatable laser, focuses on Electric element (and thus has paralysis attached). More of the glass cannon sort, you trade survivability for raw output. She isn't especially fancy, just a raw powerhouse (close to the absolute top in the JP version ATM) but her character-specific weapon gives her a substantial boost in that it prevents you from being KOd from a single attack if you're above 30% HP. If you roll this one and decide to keep it, just be aware you'll probably want to work towards getting her associated weapon as well.

Right is Almond Peak, probably one of the best units for a new player. Lancer is now a defensive powerhouse, with the new style of guard giving you massive SP economy and Just Guards giving you HP restoration. Also has a centered-AOE and Laser for skills, but unlike Premio hers is smaller and she does the AOE twice, the second hit dealing significantly more damage and throws Peak at enemies in the vicinity like a heart-spewing torpedo of diabetes. This deals fire damage so it can light enemies up for small damage over time and grants a power boost to the Laser skill. Her laser can't be manually aimed and has a significantly less active duration, but gives her some Gradius-style Options that spew chocolates when you use her basic attack, greatly extending the range of of the attack and practically tripling the SP you regain since each chocolate also counts as a basic attack. Since all of her mechanics are fairly contained, you are not as pressured to chase after her weapon if you don't find the opportunity to do so (though it is still suggested since her lance is the first one to be released after the class tweak and as such has perks that greatly benefit all Lancer characters)

Emalde fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Feb 4, 2016

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
That's pretty cool. In the Global version, they added a new game mode called Vanguard. You fight through successive stages and you keep your HP/SP between them. If your character dies, they cannot be used again in Vanguard until the next reset period. The further you go, the more GP you get and the less SP you earn from each attack, until you stop earning SP altogether. Enemies start appearing over level 100 and it throws in actual characters to fight against (who are very powerful). It is tough, but you earn Conquest rewards, and it seems to be a weekly thing like Conquest.

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
I really wish global gave the option to toggle between new settings and Japanese settings.

Japanese portraits would be great but what I really want is their skill triggers. After playing Shironeko I can't go back to global style.

On the other hand, trying to keep up on the translations for what should be a casual pick up and play game is finally causing burn out.

im old rick bitch
Oct 19, 2004

How does it feel?
Welp I got a new phone and now the game is basically unplayable. Fairly unfortunate. Downloads freeze and unlike before when I would get a prompt to retry the game just hangs forever. Sad times. Gonna try and see if I can get it fixed, there's so many more rainbow runes, I mean characters left to get.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!
Why did everyone stop playing this game, does it become poo poo after awhile? Is there a better alternative?

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Solvency posted:

Why did everyone stop playing this game, does it become poo poo after awhile? Is there a better alternative?

I think it reached a critical point as a mobile game where most of the players had moved on to something else, including the management for the existing goon guilds. For what reason, I can't really say, it's just how these games devolve.
However, if anyone was curious, the game has recently added 2D art assets, and underwent a handful of events that should leave enough gems in everyone's mailboxes for a roll, should you choose to restore your accounts.
If you are looking for an alternative, I would recommend the game's Japanese alter ego, Shironeko Project. In exchange for a few Western exclusive characters, you get a slew of flashy heroes and tons of events. Of course, it helps to get familiar with Rune Story first, so that you don't have to learn Japanese to navigate the menus.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Global just upped the gatcha rates. I rolled 11 runes.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Nalin posted:

Glad I rolled before the event then, even if all I got was a really creepy anemic vampire girl.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
i'm still having fun with it. I just messaged colopl about dumping the GM and letting me have it, since he hasn't logged in in months and doesn't respond to PMs here.

There's quite a bit of weekly content between vanguard and conquest, and the base seems to be growing. Playing regularly I'm able to pull every week or so, and I've gotten 26 5* chars without whaling, so the drop rates aren't that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waddler
Jan 3, 2008

Nalin posted:

At least it's 25% of a surge. Rolling for weapons feels like converting gems into a trivial amount of gold.

• Locked thread