Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
froward
Jun 2, 2014

by Azathoth
Sites are saying anything from $100-2000. I don't need a large area done, just between my butthole and my taint, where it's difficult to shave without a mirror.

Anyone had this done before?
Was recovery painful enough to take time off work or just mild soreness like a sunburn?
Any tips for finding Reliable Zapmen instead of fly by night operators?
What's the worst case scenario if things go Terribly Wrong?

I can't be the only person interested in this, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

froward posted:

Sites are saying anything from $100-2000. I don't need a large area done, just between my butthole and my taint, where it's difficult to shave without a mirror.

Anyone had this done before?
Was recovery painful enough to take time off work or just mild soreness like a sunburn?
Any tips for finding Reliable Zapmen instead of fly by night operators?
What's the worst case scenario if things go Terribly Wrong?

I can't be the only person interested in this, right?

Why not just...not shave your rear end?

Anyway, my mom had it done on her legs. She said it was closer to sunburn. Easily manageable.

For one leg. The other she had done on a different day, forgot she had applied lotion, and the tech didn't bother to ask (they're supposed to). The lotion boiled in her follicles and gave her a zillion tiny burns, many leaving small scars. Barely visible, but it's the kind of thing that bugs her because she knows they're there. Took a year or so to fade.

Blue Footed Booby fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Oct 28, 2015

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
I keep considering getting this done but I keep balking at the price. I looked pretty thoroughly into it a little while back before deciding I didn't want to spend that much money when I could just buy razors, general consensus on the pain was that it felt like getting snapped by rubber bands on your skin repeatedly.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Never pay full price, nobody does. Just be patient and keep an eye out on Groupon/etc. Read all the yelp reviews, including the filtered ones. Do some research so you know if they have machines that'll work for you.

It's only painful when it's actively happening. Even then it doesn't hurt much, but after the zap is over, it's over.

You need to shave before you go, every time -- it only works when the area is shaved. Unless you weigh like 400 pounds you shouldn't have a problem getting up in there anyway.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Damm, how big is your taint that you cant just "wax" it with a bandaid or whatever?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Anm44OEkFFk

• Locked thread