Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
I haven't, at least I don't think I have. What is a bungalow? Are they nice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I want to know, too.
Thank you, Horniest Manticore. I've always been curious.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I stayed in a lot of those in SE Asia. It's like a studio apartment on stilts made out of wood and bamboo. You need a skeeter net but they usually have one in there for ye

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Yeah, it was kinda chill.

Super cheap too so that helped.

Dont expect much though, theyre pretty barebones.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Sheep-Goats posted:

I stayed in a lot of those in SE Asia. It's like a studio apartment on stilts made out of wood and bamboo. You need a skeeter net but they usually have one in there for ye

sounds cool. is it built on water?

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Most of them are on a beach or in the jungle next to the beach. Sometimes they are in the water but they don't usually do that because the stilts rot faster then / you have to pour concrete pilings and SE Asia is about being lazy.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sheep-Goats posted:

do they have wi fi?

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Enfield posted:

do they have wi fi?

There was in phuket.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Enfield posted:

do they have wi fi?

Usually no but sometimes there are nicer ones with real walls and windows and aircon and those sometimes do but that's literally like 10-20 times the price. Instead you carry your laptop to the little internet shop that's always around and do you internet stuff there for about 50 cents an hour.

If you get a bungalow that is close to the place where the guy who rents the bunaglows lives sometimes he will give you their wifi password to be friendly.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

psyopmonkey posted:

There was in phuket.

Phuket sucks.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Oh also sometimes they build these delux hotel rooms in the Carribean with glass floors so you can look down into the sea and they're on little dock looking apparatuses but those are for really rich people who are horrible who Anthony Bourdain would kick in the nads but they do call them "bungalows" even though they're not at all like what a REAL bungalow is LIKE

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

psyopmonkey posted:

There was in phuket.

but they don't any more. one day they just said

i don't think we need wi fi anymore

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sheep-Goats posted:

Usually no but sometimes there are nicer ones with real walls and windows and aircon and those sometimes do but that's literally like 10-20 times the price. Instead you carry your laptop to the little internet shop that's always around and do you internet stuff there for about 50 cents an hour.

If you get a bungalow that is close to the place where the guy who rents the bunaglows lives sometimes he will give you their wifi password to be friendly.

this is cool and i now want to live in a bungalow

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
yes it was loving amazing, it was right on the NC beach, we body surfed every morning holy fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. nothing better than being completely impelled by the rocket-funnel of a wave crashing around your hard bod.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

nomadologique posted:

yes it was loving amazing, it was right on the NC beach, we body surfed every morning holy fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. nothing better than being completely impelled by the rocket-funnel of a wave crashing around your hard bod.

sounds sick brah

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
of all the things i have done, body surfing and snowboarding are the best. thankfully i am too poor and don't think about those things too much, bc they would completely undermine my book learning.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
if you met a cute chick at the bar you could be like hey baby. lets go back to my bungalow and then they would kick you in the ding dong and run off into the night

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Sheep-Goats posted:

Phuket sucks.

Agreed. Still had a bit of fun, but its creepy there.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
I've been to a lot of bungalows OP they're all over my neighborhood.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

circ dick soleil posted:

I've been to a lot of bungalows OP they're all over my neighborhood.

that's cool man

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
It seems a lot of people ITT don't know what a bungalow is but here's a tip: GIS "bungalow" and prepare to have your mind blown :twisted:

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Whats the definition of a bungalo though?

Are we talking a little beach shack? The tent thing on stilts?

:shrug:

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

yes at the lake club but i can't go anymore bc i kept trying to take my dinghy out

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

psyopmonkey posted:

Whats the definition of a bungalo though?

Are we talking a little beach shack? The tent thing on stilts?

:shrug:

well i did a google search and according to dictionary.com a bungalow is a noun

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

Enfield posted:

well i did a google search and according to dictionary.com a bungalow is a noun

OED please

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

a mungalo is a bungalo made of mung also a bunglmao

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

basement jihadist posted:

a mungalo is a bungalo made of mung also a bunglmao

*nods solemnly*

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Bungalo is a fun word.

:toxogond:

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
I've been in quite a few cabanas.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Bermuda, bahama, man I wanna take you to the cocomohs.

Some thing, something, and we can take it slow.

Ohhh thats something something.

Coocoohh moohhhhh.

gently caress your gas rear end thread.

old-timey newspaper gal
Feb 23, 2005
I stayed in a bungalow in costa rica.

it was just like a very small house. Think freestanding studio apartment (~300ish sqft)

It was nice, but all i did was sleep there.

old-timey newspaper gal
Feb 23, 2005
If it helps OP, a bungalow is what we woudl call "a cabin" in the US only its in a tropical climate.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Mods please change my forums username to Hitler's Bungalow? TIA

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
More like bunghole

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

serious talk: I'd like a bungalow cause im gay and im not gonna have kids and having an upstairs is kinda pointless when there's only 2 people

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I think some people need vocabulary lessons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

this thread made me lookup bungalow bill by the beatles and now i know what it's about so that's cool

• Locked thread