Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

1gnoirents posted:

that is a terribly written article. also why is someone bitching about not being able to ring lightsabers to a star wars movie in GQ MAGAZINE

millennials

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen to Death
Mar 27, 2010

Beef Turret posted:

Aw widdle baby wan a boddle? Goo goo ga ga much? child much? Piece of poo poo. I may collect toys and whatnot but at least I'm not a fat spergautist at the cinema

lol clearly a nerve has been struck. you're not a fat autist but you collect toys, ok then.

Frozen to Death
Mar 27, 2010

piece of hsit!!!!

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

i wish light sabers worked like the movie so all the fat ppl would spill their own guts trying to play with it

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Luvcow posted:

*shows up in line as my little pony storm trooper*

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
you can only accumulate a single hoard, op

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

lol at the fat clone trooper

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Gaunab posted:

let me tell you why star wars merchandising in an important part of my life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzEP4tq4kZ0

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Luvcow posted:

*willingly jumps into the sarlacc pit*

i call this saturday night at the singles bar

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
Hey Bugsy, FYI: I don't give a poo poo about people who do that "first post" thing. So STFU

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Do you think I'd be allowed to take my star wars apples into a screening of the new movie?

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

I remember when I was 10 and I went to the opening of Episode One. I saw a fat guy a skinny guy in the line dressed up, and I was all excited about getting to meet "real life nerds". I ran up to them to talk to them and asked if they were there to see the movie. It was fun.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Rape Stink posted:

welcome to 95% of the 501st Legion. Short and fat stormtroopers as far as the eye can see.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
star wars fans really seem to hate star wars it is loving hilarious

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

Frostwerks posted:

star wars fans really seem to hate star wars it is loving hilarious

I love Star Wars I just hate Star Wars fans.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
i didnt like jurassic world

it was prettty boring in fact

I also saw the martian tonight, and lmao, that movie is dumb waste of time and my friend agreed like seriously spoilsers there is no martian, what the gently caress I waited 2 and a half hours for soome crazy martian to show up and make the movie good, never happens, basically if you've seen gravity or any movie you've seen this movie dont read my spoiler if you dont want to spoielr the Martians."

its hard to be excited for any movies when there hasnt been a good one in a long time

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Applewhite posted:

I'm gonna give the movie a week or two before I go watch it in theatres. Hopefully during a weekday morning when everyone else is at work. I don't need to deal with the crowds. Truth be told, I'd wait until it came out on DVD, but I don't feel like avoiding spoilers for eight months because you know itt's all anyone is going to talk about for the rest of the year.

:respek:

afternoon matinee a week after opening is how i'm going to roll on this. the idea of trying to see it with a crushing throng of nerdflesh just doesn't sound fun

my friends all hammered the sites to prepurchase tickets and are planning to play dress up and stuff and i kind of envy that they still get this excited about another starwar, when i'm just joylessly crawling up the chain of middle management trying to put as much in my 401k as i can in the hopes it will be worth/mean anything for my kids when i die from heart disease or jealous husband in a decade or two

everything is bad

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
this is a loving gq article? why isn't the crux of the article "look at these loving morons; do not be like these morons in fact turn to page 86 where we show you how to dress yourself in $120 polo shirts"

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

heh, nerds :smuggo:

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

The Saurus posted:

Do you think I'd be allowed to take my star wars apples into a screening of the new movie?

god drat, talk about not knowing your demographic

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

If you find yourself waiting in line to get into a Star Wars movie then you pretty much deserve everything that happens to you

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

quote:

The world has changed a lot between Star Wars films. In the ten years between 2005's Star Wars: Episode III and December's The Force Awakens, the practice of attending popular movies has changed in two significant ways. One of them sucks, and the other does not.

The lovely one first: We have now become cognizant of just how disturbingly common mass shootings are in our country. This makes a movie as highly anticipated as Star Wars a security concern. I think we can all agree this is bullshit.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Do they just let any doofus throw up content for the website?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Loving the irony that the first time star wars nerds have to act like adults is at a star wars movie

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Rape Stink posted:

More like Jango Fatt, am I right?

More like Hamdalorian.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Star wars isn't even that good and lost cultural relevance a long time ago. Needs a reboot with a strong black male protagonist imo

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Pitdragon posted:

Ugh, bunch of idiots in this thread. When I bring my scale figurines ("action figures" to you plebs) to the movies, I don't "play" with them and I certainly don't "mash them together and make shooty noises", I recreate scenes from the movies, perfectly down to the last line, something which has clearly eluded many of you utter morons that are so insistent that "toys" are for children. Would a child have been able to remake the star wars films, in their entirety, with scale figurines and clever voice acting? I think not, and I might add that I have shown my work to several people and they have agreed that it was very good and 100% true to the films. This is just another case of stupid goons mocking things which their feeble intellects can hardly comprehend, let alone appreciate.

alright jesus Beef Turret we get it already

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Rape Stink posted:

don't forget about boba fatt on the right

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Makes sense that they dont want masks covering faces, i doubt they would make you take home a plastic lightsaber.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Pitdragon posted:

Ugh, bunch of idiots in this thread. When I bring my scale figurines ("action figures" to you plebs) to the movies, I don't "play" with them and I certainly don't "mash them together and make shooty noises", I recreate scenes from the movies, perfectly down to the last line, something which has clearly eluded many of you utter morons that are so insistent that "toys" are for children. Would a child have been able to remake the star wars films, in their entirety, with scale figurines and clever voice acting? I think not, and I might add that I have shown my work to several people and they have agreed that it was very good and 100% true to the films. This is just another case of stupid goons mocking things which their feeble intellects can hardly comprehend, let alone appreciate.

naem
May 29, 2011

Thanks to HD high def blue ray streaming instant access on all my home appliances I need never leave my house again! He's says while lining the walls of his studio apt with Kevlar and cringing

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

from the title I was hoping this was a photoshop or image thread, now I am sad

also lol at people who go to a premiere to actually just watch a movie, that's like the worst experience guaranteed

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

Star wars isn't even that good and lost cultural relevance a long time ago. Needs a reboot with a strong black male protagonist imo

Should be gay, poly, and/or trans too imo. I barely view cishet actors as people anymore, let alone relate to them.

Wake up Hollywood.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
nerds are the worst

thank god i am no nerd

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
if you're an adult that collects toys then you should probably try growing up and be an adult imho

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

Meowbot posted:

i didnt like jurassic world

it was prettty boring in fact

I also saw the martian tonight, and lmao, that movie is dumb waste of time and my friend agreed like seriously spoilsers there is no martian, what the gently caress I waited 2 and a half hours for soome crazy martian to show up and make the movie good, never happens, basically if you've seen gravity or any movie you've seen this movie dont read my spoiler if you dont want to spoielr the Martians."

its hard to be excited for any movies when there hasnt been a good one in a long time

No one expected there to be aliens in that movie. You might as well not bother spoilering it because that was never a possibility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

CrashCat posted:

from the title I was hoping this was a photoshop or image thread, now I am sad

also lol at people who go to a premiere to actually just watch a movie, that's like the worst experience guaranteed

You are free to make it a photoshop thread. Be the content creator GBS needs.

• Locked thread