Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-jerry-heller-lawsuit-straight-outta-compton-20151030-story.html

Because nothing says "I'm not the bad guy here" like suing everyone involved in the making of a movie. Some of his reasons for suing include; using his likeness without permission, using things events in the movie that he describes in his book (because evidently he's the only one that could know about those events) and just that Ice Cube and Dre are lying about every single thing they portrayed him as.

When I watched the movie I thought they would do Heller a lot worse than they did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Rain
Nov 29, 2006
All those born beneath an angry star.
Who still cares about a dead rap group from america from the 80s

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I've never met a trustworthy Jerry in my life, what were they thinking??? :confused:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

PureEvil6_13 posted:

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-jerry-heller-lawsuit-straight-outta-compton-20151030-story.html

Because nothing says "I'm not the bad guy here" like suing everyone involved in the making of a movie. Some of his reasons for suing include; using his likeness without permission, using things events in the movie that he describes in his book (because evidently he's the only one that could know about those events) and just that Ice Cube and Dre are lying about every single thing they portrayed him as.

When I watched the movie I thought they would do Heller a lot worse than they did.

if they used stock video of him he might have a case. As for the book, real events are not covered under copyright law

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

PureEvil6_13 posted:

and just that Ice Cube and Dre are lying about every single thing they portrayed him as.

Do you honestly think they aren't

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
:rip: easy e american poet

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Angry Birds Suicide posted:

Do you honestly think they aren't

why would they? he was a known piece of poo poo producer

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

jackyl posted:

:rip: easy e american poet

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

PureEvil6_13 posted:

Jerry Heller was actually portrayed pretty sympathetically for most of the movie????

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

ddddddffdfddddfddf posted:

Jerry Heller was actually portrayed pretty sympathetically for most of the movie????

Kind of what I thought too, that he had Eazy E's best interest in mind and saw him as the leader . I don't think he really understood who did what within the group, like maybe he figured E wrote and produced everything?

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

why would they? he was a known piece of poo poo producer

Lol bc known, self avowed "hardcore gangster thugs" Dr. Dre and gangster rapper "ice cube" are pillars of society

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Lol bc known, self avowed "hardcore gangster thugs" Dr. Dre and gangster rapper "ice cube" are pillars of society

dumbshit

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

what in the gently caress are you talking about?

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

:rolleyes:

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

what in the gently caress are you talking about?

All rappers are gang members and notorious liars don't you know?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

PureEvil6_13 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opkRF3UZSJw

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

PureEvil6_13 posted:

Lmao oh yeah dude you have the moral high ground here bc I said loving Dr Dre and ice cube may not be good people on par with whatever shithead insinuating otherwise said. After all, everyone loves good ol' Dre and ice cube they're good people!

"Barnes stated that Young "began slamming her face and the right side of her body repeatedly against a wall near the stairway." Dr. Dre later commented "People talk all this poo poo, but you know, somebody fucks with me, I'm gonna gently caress with them. I just did it, you know. Ain't nothing you can do now by talking about it. Besides, it ain't no big thing – I just threw her through a door."[153]"

I mean I could go on but L according to the op I'm racist for daring to claim the famed Dre, MD is actually kind of a piece of poo poo along with Mr. cube

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
B... But ice cube was lovable funny guy in movie, of course he's good and cool! :qq:

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Lmao oh yeah dude you have the moral high ground here bc I said loving Dr Dre and ice cube may not be good people on par with whatever shithead insinuating otherwise said. After all, everyone loves good ol' Dre and ice cube they're good people!

"Barnes stated that Young "began slamming her face and the right side of her body repeatedly against a wall near the stairway." Dr. Dre later commented "People talk all this poo poo, but you know, somebody fucks with me, I'm gonna gently caress with them. I just did it, you know. Ain't nothing you can do now by talking about it. Besides, it ain't no big thing – I just threw her through a door."[153]"

I mean I could go on but L according to the op I'm racist for daring to claim the famed Dre, MD is actually kind of a piece of poo poo along with Mr. cube

actually i think nwa goddamn owns and you;re a whiny nerd

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

jackyl posted:

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

jackyl posted:

Hey that's okay bro it says more about you as a person than I ever could :)

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Your Rain posted:

Who still cares about a dead rap group from america from the 80s

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Hey that's okay bro it says more about you as a person than I ever could :)

what is says is it he is cool and you suck

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

what is says is it he is cool and you suck

I agree that brutal violence against women is the hallmark of a cool + good guy that I look up to lol

My God take a good look at your life and values and consider a serious session of introspection, you're even more pathetic than the men you admire

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

Can you regale me of stories about how ice cube is a piece of poo poo please, I'm thinking about filing a lawsuit.

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

What did Ice Cube do?

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

Dre might be a woman beater but he's not a pussy eater.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

I agree that brutal violence against women is the hallmark of a cool + good guy that I look up to lol

My God take a good look at your life and values and consider a serious session of introspection, you're even more pathetic than the men you admire

i hope dr dre smacks you

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

yo dre is legit a piece of poo poo who beat women and the movie should've at least remarked on that (still good af tho) but ice cube is a legit good dude who's never even been arrested for anything, so lol at weird racist dude who had to look up facts on wikipedia to prove his point

lol

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKTUAESacQM

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Toxxupation posted:

yo dre is legit a piece of poo poo who beat women and the movie should've at least remarked on that (still good af tho) but ice cube is a legit good dude who's never even been arrested for anything, so lol at weird racist dude who had to look up facts on wikipedia to prove his point

lol

While lol@ you calling me a racist bc I said self-avowed gangster rappers who glorify their own acts of antisocial violence are poo poo, you were right wrt ice cube, he seems like a legit guy. "When asked what he tells his children about profanity, he recalled telling his kids that there are "appropriate times to use any kind of language... Adults should never hear you use these words. If you want to use these words around your friends, that's really on you."

That's a p solid position really.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I'm a little distressed about this Dre news. I don't think throwing anyone through a door is proper.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
So as I am the only actual man itt, I am able to admit I was wrong. Dre is still subhuman filth but ice cube is apparently actually an OK guy!

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

That honky grandpa be trippin’.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Kuato posted:

I've never met a trustworthy Jerry in my life, what were they thinking??? :confused:

Tone down the motherfucking anti German rhetoric you German hater

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
OP can you clarify the title please, is Jerry Heller a devil who packs poo poo, or a guy who packs devil poo poo I can't stand the ambiguity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
That movie was pretty good. I don't know if searching everyone entering the theater for weapons was part of the promotion, but it did make watching it more fun. They also didn't find my flask of brandy so we all had a good time.

• Locked thread