Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Can MMA bouts really count as feuds? I don't pay a lot of attention to MMA but like was Macgregor Aldo that long running of a thing to count as one? I assume like if you had 3 or 4 fights over the course of a career it definitely would but I dunno if just in one match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Good Listener posted:

Can MMA bouts really count as feuds? I don't pay a lot of attention to MMA but like was Macgregor Aldo that long running of a thing to count as one? I assume like if you had 3 or 4 fights over the course of a career it definitely would but I dunno if just in one match.

Yes.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Good Listener posted:

They did 2 global press tours to promote the fight and fight promotion essentially began in January 2015. Because of Aldo's injury, this basically gave us another 3 months of fight promotion. I mean I dunno about WWE these days but how often are they building to one match over the course of an entire year?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Good Listener posted:

McGregor-Aldo used promos over the course of months (and confrontations even before then, iirc) to build up to a match that UFC wanted you to pay for. That's pretty much the definition of a feud.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
But did they trade wins and losses for 3 months on UFC Superstars? I don't know if you can count it as a feud otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Got it. I was legit curious since like I said, I don't really pay attention to UFC. Also the answers made me realize a reason I have not watched Raw actively since October or so. Thanks, I appreciate it!

• Locked thread