Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

The_Franz posted:

I'd like to know how many no voters would have voted yes if it wasn't a lovely monopoly-granting law and how many were just old and ignorant people who think that weed makes black kids hulk out and eat cops' faces.

Nearly everybody I talked to in Columbus didn't like it because of the constitutional monopoly. When I was visiting my parents in the farm land, I overheard a bunch of 50 something rednecks at a bar discussing that they wouldn't mind it for medical reasons, but couldn't accept the monopoly.

I don't know if it would have won or lost if it was an actual good bill, but I think the monopoly is the reason it got its rear end kicked.

The Human Crouton fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Nov 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I don't get the people who are in favor of medical marijuana but oppose recreational use. If you admit that it's beneficial then opposing recreational use can only be a product of pettiness or meanness.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm 100% for legal weed but yeah I looked at the actual proposition and it was dumb. It was basically just handing a monopoly over to some rich investors for no good reason.

notZaar posted:

I don't get the people who are in favor of medical marijuana but oppose recreational use. If you admit that it's beneficial then opposing recreational use can only be a product of pettiness or meanness.

They probably look at it like a 'more serious' drug like a prescription painkiller or whatever. Yeah Vicodin is fun for recreation but no one is going to prescribe it just for that.

It's dumb though because the medical thing - although it obviously has legit use for people who really need it - is such a bullshit sidestep loophole that everyone abuses to get legal weed and it's obvious so just make it legal already drat. I literally told the doctor 'I have trouble sleeping sometimes and my appetite is lacking sometimes because I work with food' and that was good enough for a weed card.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Nov 4, 2015

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

notZaar posted:

Agreed. Also no to monopolies, unless it is the federal government, and not a cabal.

VV Obama's America is full of sin, and black people controlling white lives.

Nonsense fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Nov 4, 2015

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

It just seems like most of the justifications for keeping it illegal would have gone away now that a few of the states have already gone full legal and don't have Reefer Madness happening all over the state

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

notZaar posted:

If people were using logic consistently there would be no alcohol or tobacco as those also have undesired side effects. We only prescribe a drug with undesirable side effects if the benefit outweighs them, so by that logic recreational use of any drug would not be possible unless there are no side effects. That is also basically not possible.

Of course, alcohol and tobacco have the desired effect of making a lot of money, which is why this got on the ballot in the first place.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

notZaar posted:

Who cares why. The next time someone expresses that opinion with you, just overly agree with them. This way they will be more likely to vote for legalization because the medicinal purposes outweigh their hesitations, and they will feel more comfortable bringing the subject up around other people.

The facts about real debates is that they take 20 years, and that nobody ever changes their minds unless they think they thought of the idea. Convincing someone to agree with you is all about finding what piece you already have in common, cultivating it, and waiting.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The Human Crouton posted:

Who cares why. The next time someone expresses that opinion with you, just overly agree with them. This way they will be more likely to vote for legalization because the medicinal purposes outweigh their hesitations, and they will feel more comfortable bringing the subject up around other people.

The facts about real debates is that they take 20 years, and that nobody ever changes their minds unless they think they thought of the idea. Convincing someone to agree with you is all about finding what piece you already have in common, cultivating it, and waiting.

No it's much easier to call them all racist hicks who live in the 100-acre woods that come out to troll urban aryans every 2 years.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
So what's it like living in Ohio?

I can't imagine doing it sober.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

Chinatown posted:

yep, that's why i don't bother

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Chinatown posted:

You're either bored or terrified, constantly

There's nothing to do because people would ruin it, and people there ruin everything because there's nothing else to do

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Yep, will get this done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

mods plz change thread title to "Ohio Forgot To Vote"

• Locked thread