Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

haljordan posted:

Whatever the show is, make sure there's a wizard of oz rip off by episode three

If that's going to happen, might as well make that the musical episode and kill two birds with one stone. Then again, I donno if this show is going to have quite the budget to ask L. Frank Baum's estate OR Pink Floyd to help out.

All in all, I've heard much worse. Much worse gets syndicated and renewed for many seasons. One minor point: when you said a sad-sack was an unrelatable main character, I'm pretty sure Louis C.K. sets a precedent. So there's that.

I'm glad Studs made it onto the roster, whatever gender it ends up being.

JediTalentAgent posted:

Nasty In The Woodshed, this Fall, on CBS.

Plot: Tommy's just a college kid on the verge of graduating has his parents die suddenly and he discovers they've supported the family for the last 25 years by owning a secret BDSM dungeon and producing videos. Now to keep to keep his younger siblings from being put into foster care and keep their home, he has to secretly drop out of college to run the business and do everything and anything he can to keep anyone from revealing their family secret.

Unfortunately for Tommy, he's about to discover that when you're entering the workforce, you're going to start at the bottom.

You can make this if you want, but I bet you a big fat diamond that your fanmail will range from incomprehensible garbage to :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

phasmid posted:

You can make this if you want, but I bet you a big fat diamond that your fanmail will range from incomprehensible garbage to :stonk:

CBS passed on the pilot saying it was too risque. Fox is showing some interest but if they want to put it on FXX the show will die instantly.

For some reason, AMC saw it and thinks it is their next Breaking Bad-style edgy drama.

Talk about hosed up, they offered us a 12-episode season if we change the title, turn our protagonist into an eventually horrible person, and up the sex factor by like 500% and add some REALLY creepy poo poo for what is supposed to be a light-hearted romp about a guy trying to keep a roof over his orphaned siblings' heads. Man, I was sort of offended with where they wanted to take the concept, to be honest.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
ther'es no way i am going to give you my carefully worked out with my friends sitcom idea just bc you asked, op

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
What happens when the spokesman for a restaurant has to rebuild his life after becoming a convicted pedophile? Find out on Jared! coming to CBS this fall.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
BOZONGO

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

The worst part of working in a place that has toys or games in it is that sometimes parents use your business as drop-off daycare when it absolutely is not that. So what if the worst kid ever, who everybody just calls Kid Hitler, keeps coming into the cafe and breaking games and losing pieces, and everybody is unreasonably afraid of him?

The only type of game the dad character likes our those crazy indepth hex wargames.
Kid hitler is a prodigy at them... you see where I am going with this

h_double
Jul 27, 2001
My Racist Grandpa

Man in his 60s, played by an aging character actor or stand-up comic, moves in with his 30 year old daughter, keeps things lively with a non-stop stream of zingers that would be horrible and offensive were it not for the twist that the grandfather's character is 1/8 black.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Okay, I think Settlers of Kansas is off to a good start, so let's make it option 1 and start looking at other ideas. I'm thinking once we have 5-10 ideas that are viable we'll put it to a vote and then write the winners as pilot scripts.

Feel free to continue posting ideas for Settlers of Kansas, but be sure to denote that it's for SoK. Moving on to idea 2...

Gaunab posted:

What happens when the spokesman for a restaurant has to rebuild his life after becoming a convicted pedophile? Find out on Jared! coming to CBS this fall.

I like this a lot. My biggest concern with SoK is that the humor, while in our goony wheelhouse subject-wise, is not at all in SA's usual "gnashing pit" style. A show about Subway Jared (or a thinly veiled pastiche) and other disgraced celebrities is much more our brand of acid. I see it as kind of like That's My Bush.

Jared should get advice from the ghost of Jimmy Seville, who keeps claiming he'll help "fix things" for Jared, but it never works out. Every episode ends with a group of local fathers stomping Jared's face in outside a bar, courthouse, etc.

Keep 'em coming; what other pitches have people liked so far?

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Your "I'm the host of this thread lol, let me spam block quotes and give you my hot take" shtick is retarded and you're a lovely, cringey tryhard

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Tujague posted:

Your "I'm the host of this thread lol, let me spam block quotes and give you my hot take" shtick is retarded and you're a lovely, cringey tryhard

Alright fine, I'll back off. Here's the honest truth: I was inspired by some of the posts in Lowtax's recent threads into believing that maybe, just maybe GBS wanted to make actual content again, like it did in the old days. Of course that means having threads where people push a little and actually try to stay organized and get poo poo done, instead of pissing and moaning and dissolving into petty barbs, but maybe I don't have to cheerlead to get that effect, you're right.

Have fun pitching stupid show ideas, enjoy fun internet comedy time.

naem
May 29, 2011

Alright fine, I'll back off. Here's the honest truth: I was inspired by some of the posts in Lowtax's recent threads into believing that maybe, just maybe GBS wanted to make actual content again, like it did in the old days. Of course that means having threads where people push a little and actually try to stay organized and get poo poo done, instead of pissing and moaning and dissolving into petty barbs, but maybe I don't have to cheerlead to get that effect, you're right.

Have fun pitching stupid show ideas, enjoy fun internet comedy time.

You're insulting people for making good posts in your thread? I don't understand

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
some people made good jokes, but this is my thread so they are automatically my jokes. gently caress you im a content creator.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

What? I didn't mean stupid jokes as in bad jokes. I like stupid jokes. Stupid jokes is why I come to this forum, and why I made this thread for, to get a bunch of stupid jokes in one place.

So please, make stupid jokes, to go with the stupid jokes I and others have already made. You know, fun?

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Shut the loving gently caress up

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
A TV sitcom about a first wave millennial who gets demoted and has to work with second wave millennials. It could be in a coffee shop or a bar and the older person has to come to terms with things like hemmroids.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
anyone got a list of currently moderately popular middle-act comedians?

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

It should be really funny with a chicken then reveal that a mother smothered her baby to death to stifle cries

dads_work_files
May 14, 2008

important_document.avi

Three words: Harry And The Hendersons Reboot

dads_work_files fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Nov 6, 2015

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i am going to be honest and say that wheels is a terrible idea for settlers of kansas

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
also the refugee

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008

Roy posted:

Heil School

Hitler wakes up in 2015.... as a teenager??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW9HdRjD4eo

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Like they have a point OP, I get the idea of wanting to be organize but for the most part you haven't been offering up so many ideas your self, just taking other things and kinda taking them in a different direction

Like Wheels.

Wheels sucks man.

e: i hope i do not seem too rude, but i mean wheels does really suck

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Nov 6, 2015

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Gluten-free Vegan can only find work in a Slaughterhouse/Flour Mill in Iowa!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

blarzgh posted:

There has to be a Slaughterhouse 5 joke here somewhere right?

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

mr.capps posted:

Like they have a point OP, I get the idea of wanting to be organize but for the most part you haven't been offering up so many ideas your self, just taking other things and kinda taking them in a different direction

Like Wheels.

Wheels sucks man.

Haha, okay. I have been specifically avoiding my own ideas and trying to concentrate on other peoples because I thought that would avoid the wrath of GBS. Nope!

Anyway, yeah Wheels is stupid, gently caress him, he's out. Here's some show ideas:

-The workers at a u-haul type truck rental place have a secret race and demolition derby night with colorful alteregos and immense pagentry. Over time they start going public with it and business is booming, but the head corporate office is always trying to shut things down and install new square regional managers (who keep mysteriously disappearing).
-A children's puppet show clearly made by anti-government militiamen for their kids. Features a mischievous marionette cowboy Ronald Reagan and a hedgehog dressed up like Marx. Together they "explain" chemtrails and mothmen a'la Sesame Street.
-A family comedy about Slimes from RPGs. Like Dinosaurs but with gelatinous cubes and ochre jellies.
-Adapt Livestock's "Dogs for Sale" articles into a humane-society type public access show.
-An accident-prone chef manages to kill all his employees every episode.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

-A family comedy about Slimes from RPGs. Like Dinosaurs but with gelatinous cubes and ochre jellies.

slime dad works a crappy job in the dungeon, gets no respect from the boss monster, and his best friend is a mimic

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

mr.capps posted:

slime dad works a crappy job in the dungeon, gets no respect from the boss monster, and his best friend is a mimic

Mom is a big-glob, who wears bits of undissolved adventurer as jewelry like gold-teeth earrings.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

blarzgh posted:

A guy with celiac disease moves to Germany and has to resist their tasty local breads. Gluten Tag!

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

netally posted:

Gluten Tag!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Theres cooks, and we have to many of them.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Guys, our ratings are dropping and all our female characters have already had babies...I'm thinking we're down to the wire here, we need to have either a baby death, or have one of the MEN have a baby.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Gaming the System

A nerd comedy in the style of The Big Bang Theory revolving around a third-party hardware/software gaming developer in the US consisting of a really smart girl who is completely normal and just hired for the team. Also, 2 socially awkward creepy guys, a not-creepy socially awkward guy, a socially awkward girl, a hot mature bisexual project director boss.

Episode List

S1E1: "Pilot"/"Player One Start"
Main female lead is hired and is introduced to the rest of the team.

S1E2: "Rise From Your Grave"
One of the team creates unveils his latest creation: A handsfree control adapter for the Sony PS Vita. The new girl is confused by the device, but the male product testers and staff can't get enough of it.

S1E3: "Green Elf Needs Bathroom, Badly"
Trapped in an elevator, their phones unable to get a signal out, the various team members try to ration off gaming time on their various handheld devices to maintain sanity while another character is desperately needs to go to the bathroom.

S1E4: "Motion Capture"
One of the team ends up in a humiliating viral video and the boss attempts to figure out a way to parlay this into viral marketing for a new game.

S1E5: "Voxels"
Protesters gang up on the team for their work on a game that has been labeled as misogynistic. New girl realizes an old college classmate of hers is running the protesting group and is forced to debate with her on a web-based gaming show.

S1E6: "Lose a Man"
In response to the previous episode's horrible debate outcome, the team is told they need to either lose a male employee or hire an additional woman to adjust their diversity numbers.

S1E7: "Worst Movie Adaption Ever"
Creepy socially awkward guy is let go, but they are having trouble making deadlines so a replacement is sought out. In order to get his job back, he proceeds to pull a Mrs. Doubtfire and disguise himself as his twin sister. Trouble arises when the other creepy guy in the office starts to hit on him while he's pretending to be his 'sister'.

S1E8: "Press Reset"
At the end of last episode, their project manager realizes that she's a woman and therefore makes that technically makes the team already 50/50 male/female which appeases their critics. So, everyone is back to to making their games while the the two creepy guys have to attend a sensitivity seminar, putting the project further behind schedule.

S1E9: "Corrupted Data"
Brent Spiner guest stars. The socially awkward girl on the team pesters a visiting passive Hollywood actor who is there to provide voice acting for a game. Meanwhile, she finds herself in competition with the 2 other members of the team who are similarly obsessed with talking about Star Trek with him. Meanwhile, the actor's medications are lost down a sink and his true personality as a mean spirited, hateful character gradually comes out.

S1E10: "Game 7 In Hit Trilogy"
Work on their latest game is pushed back so the team can help put the finishing touches on the company's big franchise game for the year. Things go awry as 1 creepy guy insists the franchise was stolen from his idea by head of a rival development studio in the company and tries to find proof.

S1E11: "Stealth Mechanics"
Trying to find evidence of the theft of his game ideas, the creepy guy sneaks into the near-empty building during a power outage while the episode becomes a stealth-game parody as he sneaks through the complex.

S1E12: "Retro Gaming"
After the 'power outage' accidentally cause the servers containing most the work on the big franchise game to be deleted, the company scrambles to shove everyone back into completing unfinished older games to have something to turn out for the Holiday season. Our team gets stuck with the job of finishing a translation of a unusual and unreleased 16-bit Japanese RPG that company purchased 20 years earlier.

S1E13: "Continue?"
The RPG is a surprise hit for the company, but for all the wrong reasons. The team is facing being split up.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

A low ranking, reluctant, milksop time-explorer from a utopian future becomes stranded in the present, and discovers in the first episode that he is (and always has been) the mysterious grand leader that roused humanity to ecological awareness, economic equality, world peace, and sexual revolution. After failing to reach any position of leadership or fame whatsoever he starts where he can- as a motivational speaker, feverishly driven by his knowledge that every person he fails to completely revolutionize in a 45 minute presentation is another piece missing from his own timeline. Can just one futurian doofus fix the world with Powerpoint? What if his life depends on it?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

imagine if i gave you my amazing loving idea, for nothing, and you used it to make a million bucks

whose would be the laugh ttrack then??

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

JediTalentAgent posted:

S1E7: "Worst Movie Adaption Ever"
Creepy socially awkward guy is let go, but they are having trouble making deadlines so a replacement is sought out. In order to get his job back, he proceeds to pull a Mrs. Doubtfire and disguise himself as his twin sister. Trouble arises when the other creepy guy in the office starts to hit on him while he's pretending to be his 'sister'.

quote:

S1E11: "Stealth Mechanics"
Trying to find evidence of the theft of his game ideas, the creepy guy sneaks into the near-empty building during a power outage while the episode becomes a stealth-game parody as he sneaks through the complex.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

your show is hit or miss, bud, but it swings for the stands... and i like that

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

nomadologique posted:

imagine if i gave you my amazing loving idea, for nothing, and you used it to make a million bucks

whose would be the laugh ttrack then??

Keep your idea if you want, but if it made a million bucks here, they would be spent on the forums, fair's fair.
That would pay for a hundred thousand :10bux:. We could have Valhalla month, where the first hundred thousand re-reg's were already paid for.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
We got a second season!

S2E1: "Level Two"
Following the events of last season, the team is assigned to work lower-priority tasks at the company. New Girl and Awkward girl move in together to save rent money and carpool.

S2E2: "Health Bar"
New Girl comments on slight weight gain since working at company. When the team director notices the dietary lifestyles of her team going downhill, she challenges everyone to get healthy. One of the creepy guys invents a meal replacement drink called 'Oil-lent', a warm thick beverage with the taste and consistency of garlic butter dipping sauce.

S2E3: "Seal of Quality"
Awkward Girl accidentally walks in on the New Girl coming out of the shower, naked, and is horrified by what she sees: A body devoid of any video game tattoos. As the rest of the team show off their gaming tatts, New Girl struggles with finding the perfect game related tattoo to fit in.

S2E4: "Missing Data"
Guest Star: Brent Spiner. A Hollywood actor returns to the game company to do more voice over work, and does his best to avoid the annoying team members that pestered him in the past. However, he now finds himself pestering the team manager after she tells him that she's never actually watched 'Star Trek: The New Generation' and therefore is the only person in the office that treats him like a human being instead of a machine.

S2E5: "Dating Sim"
Awkward Guy and New Girl go on a double 'not-date' with one of the creepy guys and the awkward girl. Creepy Guy 2 shows up with his virtual girlfriend.

S2E6: "New Old Stock"
The guys are going to spend the long Holiday weekend renting a van and travelling to the Midwest in search of an elusive and legenardy old mom-and-pop store that allegedly still has old, unopened, unsold games dating all the way back to the Atari era. The girls tag along. They find the store in a town so small it's not even on the map, but it's closed for the Holidays.

S2E7: "Unforeseen Consequences"
Guest Star: James Rolfe. Creepy Guy's continuing 100% Oil-lent diet leads to a disaster while appearing on a gaming panel with internet media personalities.

S2E8: "Potions"
The team visit a recouperating creepy guy in the hospitals as doctors run tests on him and his game programming beverage.

S2E9: "Harvest Moon"
The girls parley their farming sim skills into making a real life garden. Creepy Guy gets examined further while in hospitals. Team is given a new assignment.

S2E10: "Fire Flowers"
The girls learn they've been growing opium poppies, and they're both allergic to opium, and have attracted unwanted attention. Sick Creepy Guy's urine is discovered to have pyrogenic qualities as a result of excessive Oil-lent consumption.

S2E11: "Ranch Theft Auto"
Creepy Guy is out of the hospital and vows to make a change in his life, starting with eating more 'healthy' salads. At the same time, the guys are asked to find a way to destroy the opium crop for the girls and destroy all the evidence.

S2E12: "Hit Detection"
Guest Star: Mike Tyson. The two creepy guys end up in an underground fight club after destroying the drugs. Unknowingly loaded up on opium, one of the creepy guys sees himself in a real-world version of Punch-Out.

S2E13: "Camping"
To deal with the crazy events of the last several weeks and in hopes of reviving their programming spirit, the team manager makes everyone take part in a team building exercise. Unfortunately, it involves them camping in line all night in line to buy the latest iPhone and getting into fights with fellow line people.

S2E14: "QTE"
New girl and awkward guy make an accidental discovery about awkward girl. The creepy guys accidentally lock their phones in the team manager's car while she's giving a presentation to her bosses.

S2E15: "Full Motion Jacket"
Team Manager is being interviewed for a documentary on the game industry, one of the creepy guys starts to go crazy trying to track down a malfunction in a game.

S2E16: ""Ragdoll Physics"
The girls decide to support the guys after they were cyberbullied in their favorite online game, but they're horrified to discover the perpetrators are incredibly mean-spirited and foul-mouthed grade-school girls and now find themselves their victims in the game and in real life.

S2E17: "Gaming Exposed, Part 1: The Princess is in Another Castle"
The team is sent to attend "One of the biggest gaming conventions of the year.. held in this month... in this part of the country." However, the team is split between hotels due to multiple conventions going on that weekend.

S2E18: "Gaming Exposed, Part 2: Booth Babes"
The team manager announces that 'booth babes' have been banned from the convention this year, but the male team members will have to (half)dress up as to promote the company's latest game.

S2E19: "Gaming Exposed, Part 3: Rated M for Mature"
A different sort of convention going at the hotel they're staying at ends badly for some, slightly less badly for the others.

S2E20: "Strategy Guide"
Driving back from the convention with most of the weekend being a blur, the entire team tries to piece together a single coherent narrative to tell their employers so nobody gets fired.

S2E21: "Summer Games"
Guest Star: Summer Glau. As awkward guy and new girl are about to maybe seriously think about asking one another out for real, the former partner of the the team manager returns to headhunt some of the team to move to Japan for the next 3 months to help with the reboot of the retro game they helped revive interest in last year.

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Nov 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

A charismatic but oblivious billionaire's cutting-edge tech empire has one of the best PR departments in the business. But when the company's fleet of internet-beaming satellites set off Kessler syndrome that team faces the branding challenge of all time. Even with all space technology rendered useless for the next 300 years, every world government seething, and the company's name synonymous with catastrophe and despair, the Billionaire owner still believes there's no such thing as bad publicity. Can one PR team spin responsibility for a new dark age into good press and keep their feather-brained boss out of the hands of lynch-mobs? Find out this fall, on "Whoopsie!"

• Locked thread