Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
have my own business up and running by next year

im goin straight into the belly of the beast u guise wish me luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalkore
Oct 11, 2007

Welcome to 2012!
Make ten dollars and not have the government tax me

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
What I'd like to do is use my way above average intellect to study for a degree, become a scientist and then help develop technology for the good of all mankind

Because of capitalism all of this is impossible so I'll just work my rear end off at a pointless job while people dumber than me go to college for gender studies degrees and scientists focus on wrinkle creams and pills to help you poo poo out fat without absorbing it :shrug:

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot

The Saurus posted:

What I'd like to do is use my way above average intellect to study for a degree, become a scientist and then help develop technology for the good of all mankind

Because of capitalism all of this is impossible so I'll just work my rear end off at a pointless job while people dumber than me go to college for gender studies degrees and scientists focus on wrinkle creams and pills to help you poo poo out fat without absorbing it :shrug:

dont forget the weapons

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot

The Saurus posted:

this is exactly why i dropped out of my bsc program to work a lovely job and read marx btw

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
o yea good point

my wife is applying for the department of defence STEM grant program because they give you lots of money and a good internship so the only way a lot of smart people can pursue their dreams of scientific subjects is by becoming literal pawns in the military industrial complex and helping to enforce the imperialist demands of the super-rich

As soon as I get my citizenship and qualify for it, I'll probably apply for it too so I can attend college :thumbsup:

EB Nulshit
Apr 12, 2014

It was more disappointing (and surprising) when I found that even most of Manhattan isn't like Times Square.

The Saurus posted:

o yea good point

my wife is applying for the department of defence STEM grant program because they give you lots of money and a good internship so the only way a lot of smart people can pursue their dreams of scientific subjects is by becoming literal pawns in the military industrial complex and helping to enforce the imperialist demands of the super-rich

As soon as I get my citizenship and qualify for it, I'll probably apply for it too so I can attend college :thumbsup:

yikes

can she become a resident of a state with cheap state universities and then study computer science?

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

EB Nulshit posted:

yikes

can she become a resident of a state with cheap state universities and then study computer science?

uhh thats literally exactly what shes doing right now dude

Apparently $12k a year in tuition is reasonable :shrug:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Erase all the trappings of this valueless existence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

Goals:
2015 - be sober, attend therapy, take medication

2016 - stay sober, strategize for career shift

Longer-term - continue to manage sobriety and re-enter university, train for admittance into desired new career field

Continual - Take notice of the moment, learn, read, write, be patient, communicate, meditate, participate

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

The_Book_Of_Harry posted:

Goals:

Aren't these mutually exclusive?

Or are you on warfarin or something boring like that that doesn't effect your brainium at all. But I don't know why you'd need to make taking your heart medication a goal unless you're really forgetful.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Infidel Castro posted:

I'm 30 years old and have a dead end retail job despite having a bachelor's degree so my life is pretty much over.

goons.txt

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

The Saurus posted:

Aren't these mutually exclusive?

Or are you on warfarin or something boring like that that doesn't effect your brainium at all. But I don't know why you'd need to make taking your heart medication a goal unless you're really forgetful.

If my medication makes me sane, rational, calm and collected, then no...they are not mutually exclusive.

No matter how weird one is about medicine, this year's version of me of far better than last year's version.

Modest Mauser
Oct 28, 2009

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

cat lady sky burial. sweet

Yeah, it will be pretty great. The amount of alcohol in my blood will act like a preservative so that the cats can feast for awhile.

EB Nulshit posted:

thats a good start, but i think you should aim for more. its important to have a really big goal to work toward, even if you know you cant reach it.

I do not know, man. My house is only so big. Eventually I would be fighting cats away just to get dressed and go to work.
Imagine trying to cook dinner and there are cats falling out of the cupboards and poo poo. It sounds a bit hectic.

JiveHonky posted:

where do you live, i have a 9yr old black and white Scottish Fold that needs a home. i must warn you he is slightly derpy and doesnt know how to bury his shits properly. like he will poo poo in the litter box but instead of burying he scratches all around things near the litterbox. it's cute, you'll love it.

I live in Oregon now. Do you have pictures of the beast in question ?

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

i just want to eat fresh

I Pledge The Legence
Sep 18, 2009

Gleaming the Cube
frontside salad grinds
hail satan

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

The_Book_Of_Harry posted:

Goals:

2016 - stay sober, strategize for career shift

Longer-term - continue to manage sobriety and re-enter university, train for admittance into desired new career field

Continual - Take notice of the moment, learn, read, write, be patient, communicate, meditate, participate

good luck dude stuff ain't easy

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

hack the us government secrets

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

https://youtu.be/P8JW75Lv25k

I'm not totally sold on Montana but it could work.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Hemingway lifestyle + shitpost + Mishima style endgame

EB Nulshit
Apr 12, 2014

It was more disappointing (and surprising) when I found that even most of Manhattan isn't like Times Square.
whats the hemingway lifestyle and whats the mishima style endgame

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I'd tell you to ask book barn but they only know about books with dykes and wizards in there, besides, the useful zen like koan you should be pondering from that post is the phrase "shitpost":; what is it, how can we do this,. is it revealed to us or resultant of our labor.-

-Claude Van De Camp Pork and Beand

raton fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Nov 6, 2015

EB Nulshit
Apr 12, 2014

ive forgotten more aobutt shitposting than youll ever know

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

huskarl_marx posted:

have my own business up and running by next year

im goin straight into the belly of the beast u guise wish me luck

It better be family owned and operated or a coop if you start exploiting workers you become the enemy of the people

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
commie ned flanderses life is nads because he believes in christianity

my life is awesome because i believe in using otc medication recreationally

truefax

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
CNF would get ripped on opiates and uppers if he had any I'll bet.

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

Abuse drugs and booze for years before finally offing myself

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
I don't know what I want.

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

Now that I think about it I never really gave a poo poo about "being" anything as a kid.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
I like money and sex a lot if that helps answer your question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Cat
Feb 26, 2013
Restore general faith in humanity. Settling for killing them before they kill us and getting laid once a week. Compromises.

• Locked thread