Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Currently waiting to see if anyone else will post. If no other posts by Monday evening, I'll update with just Winston.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Sorry about the lack of posts, been dealing with some health issues. Nothing major but frustrating enough to take the wind out of my sails. I'll try to get something up in the morning.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
No worry. I've been a bit slow to post myself recently. Take as much time as you need.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
The Armed forces of The Dominion and all the poo poo I've been inventing for them

HQ and Support
The Dominion's forces are led by Officers of the Judicatorial caste, with army groups supported by Forgemaster and Fabricator contingents to maintain the mechanized forces. Supply chains are golem powered and largely autonomous. The Dominion possesses short range magical 'radio' (that carry messages for a few miles) as well as flying machines for longer range communication. Agents of The Panopticon grant deep scouting and intelligence data on enemy movements and strategy whenever possible.

Troops
Dominion field troops consist of steel golems of mass produced make, that fight in tight formations (where the need for individual dexterity and fighting ability are minimized) with massed polearms and suffuse the field with repeater crossbow fire. Simple but tough, yet dumb as bricks and requiring simple orders from their leadership. Their purpose is to shape the battlefield by forming a hard to lodge and assault core for Dominion armies.

The Northmen have a strong military tradition, so smaller, more elite battalions of human troops are used for harder tasks, such as operating complicated magical weaponry or independent flanking operations.

Heavy Support
The Dominion uses large, six legged automatons known as Juggernauts as superheavy shock cavalry to disrupt enemy lines by charging and basically running them over with sheer momentum.

Self-propelled platforms known as Bombards can be fitted with a number of heavy weapons (for both field and siege usage) for artillery purposes.

The Dominion employs heavy Airships armed with magical ray guns to give powerful, showy, mobile and hard to engage air support to field units.

Fast Attack/Skirmish
Fast, wire-framed golems of relative complexity known as Reavers are used as skirmish troops. Armed both with the ubiquitous Sominion repeater crossbow design as well as scything blades, they are used to harry and flank the opposition, as well as perform quick attacks on or chase down vulnerable targets.

The Dominion has access to fast, canine golems known as Hounds that have powerful olfactory and sensory apparatuses and are adept at tracking and finding targets. Mostly used for internal security, but used for guarding military positions against intrusion as well.

Dominion flying machines, known as Fliers can be equipped with repeater crossbows to engage aerial threats or strafing runs. A commonly used variant, called Banshee, uses magical speakers that induce extreme feelings of terror and panic in all those that hear them, and are mostly used to disrupt enemy lines and break cohesion of enemy charges.

Elites
The elite troops of The Dominion are known as Stormtroopers, who are extensively trained and have access to the very best of The Dominion's arsenal (such as full-body power armor). Infiltration behind enemy lines, quick attacks, special ops and spearheading assaults are their responsibility.

Special mentions
Winton himself rides around a mecha scorpion/battle cathedral built from Darksteel (a nigh indestructible godly metal) with a DEATHRAY for a stinger so watch out for that.

Darksteel golems ensouled with the essence of The Dominion's best warriors, known as Immortals perform as the bodyguard of Winston himself and The Dominion high leadership. They are really nifty but there's only 12 of them in total.

Strategy
Dominion battle doctrine emphasizes disruption of enemy cohesion with specialty troops, after which the enemy is wiped away by the methodical, inexorable advance of the golem core of The Dominion's armies. Hammer and Anvil doctrine, in short. The Dominion being The Dominion, doctrine is usually fairly strictly observed, but the Officers are not morons either and will change stategy and tactics if the current ones prove clearly inadequate.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Indefinite delay in my game as I managed to sprain my wrist severely enough that I had to go to the hospital to get it looked at, nothing's broken but I can't type with it because it hurts to twist it. I'll let you know when I've recovered sufficiently to start typing two-handed again.

• Locked thread