Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Well, sure as gently caress not taking this off!

Also Lear's Hauberk looks rad with Donald's shield:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Finally Turned 0.18 Boys

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

ZeeToo posted:

I'm playing Crawl a lot less these days, so I might join in on a team and maybe squeeze out a win or two, but I'm not going to be posting the 0.18 thread. Someone else should plan to do that.

I'll do a new thread when .18 hits the servers, unless someone is already working on a new one.

title ideas?

Crawl 0.18: You wield your supercharged rod

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Crawl 0.18: Pak it up it's all downhill from here

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
I hope Hepliaklqana makes it into 0.18.

Crawl 0.18: Never alone

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

jerkstoresup posted:

I'll do a new thread when .18 hits the servers, unless someone is already working on a new one.

title ideas?

Crawl 0.18: You wield your supercharged rod

I am on board with this one for now.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Crawl 0.18: Cruising the dungeon with my supercharged hot rod

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
By the way the high elves that turn walls into earth elementals are supposed to prevent murderholes right? cause they absolutely don't lol

you just dig a diagonal line with digging, then one square diagonal adjacent to it with disint. and each time you shout to draw over elves(which you usually do right outside of the murderhole to make sure they see you? I do anyways) if you see an elemental high elf you kill it and then go right back to murderholing. if it turns one of the walls into elementals you just back up and dig one tile again.

like pretend there's still walls on these red spots

elementalist breaks them, so I kill him and then just sorta dig a tile here and I'm all good again.

so what the heck. if anything they make it easier since every now and then instead of a scary elf who can nuke you or abyss you, you get some nerd who makes weak summons

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

IronicDongz posted:

By the way the high elves that turn walls into earth elementals are supposed to prevent murderholes right? cause they absolutely don't lol

you just dig a diagonal line with digging, then one square diagonal adjacent to it with disint. and each time you shout to draw over elves(which you usually do right outside of the murderhole to make sure they see you? I do anyways) if you see an elemental high elf you kill it and then go right back to murderholing. if it turns one of the walls into elementals you just back up and dig one tile again.

like pretend there's still walls on these red spots

elementalist breaks them, so I kill him and then just sorta dig a tile here and I'm all good again.

so what the heck. if anything they make it easier since every now and then instead of a scary elf who can nuke you or abyss you, you get some nerd who makes weak summons

It's mainly to stop you from making only one murderhole for the whole vault, as well as punish players for making too much noise and drawing elementalists with the rest of the elves at once.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

The change to make the vault elves patrolling makes it really easy to avoid that though. You have to work hard to draw any elves out, getting overwhelmed by multiple is almost impossible. It made murderholing much safer, you have a breather after every elf.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Crawl 0.18 - You can't resist these changes.

Also someone should clearly make the Hypothetical Optimal Team. It'd be HOT!:v: And you could blame the devs for removing all your tricks if you never win a game in the tourney.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Darox posted:

The change to make the vault elves patrolling makes it really easy to avoid that though. You have to work hard to draw any elves out, getting overwhelmed by multiple is almost impossible. It made murderholing much safer, you have a breather after every elf.

That change got reverted, no patrolling elves.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
I've got a new(ish) OP ready, but I'll wait until 0.18 is officially released. Trying to list the most notable changes is difficult, how's this list? I'm focusing on noticeable things rather than the subtle changes.

Other Notable Changes:
  • (Pakellas highlighted above)
  • Abyss is less of a death sentence for low levels. Exits appear randomly upon killing enemies.
  • Orcish Mines shortened.
  • New random artifact property: Fragile, which are destroyed when unequipped.
  • Only Draconians and Nagas have Breath abilities.
  • Added the Amulet of Dismissal; randomly blinks enemies in melee range.
  • Lots of new monsters like the Iron Giant, Dart slugs, Howler Monkeys and more.
  • Many monster and spell balances.
  • Scrolls of enchant armour & enchant weapon no longer remove curses.
  • Poison needles scale with Throwing skill
  • Removed amulets of resist mutation, stasis, warding, and corrosion.
  • Removed a number of redundant/unused wands and rods.
  • UI and keyboard shortcut improvements.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

The nerf to skill 0 needles is probably more important than the fact that it improves with skill

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

LogicNinja posted:

Haifisch & co? Anyone from the old gang still posting?
SA bugged me, and it's looking like we might be team Is That A Rod in your Pak-et Or Are You Just Happy To See Me. Good thing there doesn't seem to be a team name character limit. :v:

megane
Jun 20, 2008

jerkstoresup posted:

I've got a new(ish) OP ready, but I'll wait until 0.18 is officially released. Trying to list the most notable changes is difficult, how's this list? I'm focusing on noticeable things rather than the subtle changes.
There are several other new amulets and wands, like the amulet of harm and the wand of acid. rCorr isn't gone, it's just a ring instead of an amulet now. Beogh lets you revive dead orcs. There's the new spell, Yara's Unravelling or whatever, that explodes buffs and debuffs off people.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
holy poo poo beogh lets you revive dead orcs???

How did I miss this change, my worldview has just been shattered

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

jerkstoresup posted:

The addition of wand of Iceblast and Acid. Acid in particular is a highlight to mention with the wand removals.

Edit: wow, two posts above mine, how did I miss that.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Here's the changelog if you want to look through the major changes.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Also amulets of reflection, which own! And if you kill enough dudes in the Abyss, a free exit spawns at your feet.

Floodkiller posted:

It's mainly to stop you from making only one murderhole for the whole vault, as well as punish players for making too much noise and drawing elementalists with the rest of the elves at once.
IDK though, I'm walking out and shouting repeatedly until someone shows up then ducking in and not having any trouble at all. Not sure how I could reasonably make more noise. it's just not that punishing to have to take a second to kill an elementalist while not in murderhole and then zap one tile and step back in.

If murderholes are supposed to be impossible in Elf 3, the only way I can really see that happening is by making all the walls undiggable. Because otherwise even if sometimes they dig walls around you, it'll still be a lot safer to do it because you'll be in a murderhole most of the time.

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Apr 28, 2016

hito
Feb 13, 2012

Thank you, kids. By giving us this lift you're giving a lift to every law-abiding citizen in the world.
Now that rMut is gone and mutations are more impactful, I think it should be Crawl 0.18: Purple reign.

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008

hito posted:

Now that rMut is gone and mutations are more impactful, I think it should be Crawl 0.18: Purple reign.

This.

FulsomFrank
Sep 11, 2005

Hard on for love

hito posted:

Yes, this is what I would like.

What server are people using for webtiles these days?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
http://crawl.akrasiac.org:8080/#lobby , since cszo went down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
http://crawl.berotato.org:8080/ is the new east coast server. And it appears they are hosting 0.18, so teams can be formed for the tourny!

New thread: Crawl 0.18: Purple Reign

• Locked thread