Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
people who chew with their mouths open, giving everyone else an earful of their spit noises and their smacking sounds, like they're cattle or some other grazing animal

i have to leave the room usually. it's so annoying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dia de Pikachutos
Nov 8, 2012

I wasn't familiar with this term until today. Now that I am my entire being is INCANDESCENT WITH RAGE.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Doorblockers on public transport.
There are two kinds:
Imagine you are in the subway or on the bus and want to get off at the next station.

Idiot type 1: The subway is crowded and you have problems reaching the door to get out. These people stand directly at the door, but instead of taking a step outside and letting you pass then getting back in, they will stand right in the middle of the door so people have to squeeze past on both sides.

Idiot type 2: You stand inside the subway waiting for the door to open.
The second the door opens, there is a person outside immediately walking in while there are 10 or more people who want to get out.
This enrages me even more because there are regular announcements via speakers to let people get off the trains first.

I have literally pushed people back out of the train for that several times because there was no way to get out and people wanting to get off were pushing behind me.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

FogHelmut posted:

45 year old dudes in Southern California with their gray soul patch, Oakley's, flat brimmed hat, hoodie, sagged pants, and Vans. Grow up, bro.

I actually saw one dressed this way today but with Uggs

I've always just assumed all non-Asian Californians dressed like that. And some of the Asian ones too.

raton fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Nov 8, 2015

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
Academic papers that start with the word "nowadays".

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Hopper posted:

Idiot type 2: You stand inside the subway waiting for the door to open.
The second the door opens, there is a person outside immediately walking in while there are 10 or more people who want to get out.
This enrages me even more because there are regular announcements via speakers to let people get off the trains first.
I hate people who do this with buildings in general. Like I thought it was just a really basic common courtesy to let exiting people go first in all situations but so many people don't seem to get it. Even more egregious is when it's a big building like a school or something with doubledoors that should theoretically allow everyone to take the door on their right so there's people going in and out at the same time but invariably you get people who for seemingly no reason really want to go through the door on their left. How can you spend an entire life not learning this simple rule I simply don't understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
FATROSIE

• Locked thread