Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Idiootti
Apr 11, 2012
is meaningless. time is a flat circle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idiootti
Apr 11, 2012
I'd consider myself a realist, alright? But in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist... I think human consciousness is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware. Nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself - we are creatures that should not exist by natural law... We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self, that accretion of sensory experience and feelings, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everybody's nobody... I think the honorable thing for our species to do is to deny our programming. Stop reproducing, walk hand in hand into extinction - one last midnight, brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal.

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013
if you do your dharma without desire, you can escape from samsara. this is what it means to be a "true" detective.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
whatever you don't really exist anyway

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013
marty is trapped by avidya (ignorance) and bound to dukkha (suffering), but even he has a moment of pure detecting which points the way forward for him in his next life

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
You could sit through that more than once?

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013
To become a True Detective, one must perfect the three higher trainings: self-discipline, meditative concentration, and the wisdom of emptiness. - The Dalai Lama

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

Give Pat a Job posted:

You could sit through that more than once?

If you sit through it once, you've sat through it a million times.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
Oh my god.....my life.....

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

Idiootti posted:

I'd consider myself a realist, alright? But in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist... I think human consciousness is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware. Nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself - we are creatures that should not exist by natural law... We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self, that accretion of sensory experience and feelings, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everybody's nobody... I think the honorable thing for our species to do is to deny our programming. Stop reproducing, walk hand in hand into extinction - one last midnight, brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal.

What's that, Zapffe? Shut the gently caress up.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
let's make GBS a place of silent reflection from now on

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Time is a micro penis

Idiootti
Apr 11, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

Time is a micro penis

And my dick will be in your rear end, it's gonna be in that rear end again and again and again forever.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Idiootti posted:

And my dick will be in your rear end, it's gonna be in that rear end again and again and again forever.

Dude....We've doxxed you....

You couldn't hit the hole with an extender

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

Mister Speaker posted:

let's make GBS a place of silent reflection from now on

Idiootti
Apr 11, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

Dude....We've doxxed you....

You couldn't hit the hole with an extender

I know who I am. And after all these years, there's a victory in that.

Idiootti
Apr 11, 2012
I get a bad taste in my mouth out here... aluminum... rear end... like you can smell a psychosphere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
the universe is a hologram

ima start loving farm animals

• Locked thread