Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

There's new DLC coming out in October to coincide with the PS4 release. Included is a co-op mode, Croft Manor, and zombies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Couldn't care less about zombies, but Extreme Survivor difficulty and co-op Endurance Mode sound like a lot of fun. Nice that it will all be included with the season pass.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

Couldn't care less about zombies, but Extreme Survivor difficulty and co-op Endurance Mode sound like a lot of fun. Nice that it will all be included with the season pass.
I'll give it a shot at least once. I was all worried that I wouldn't have anything to tide me over until the sequel comes out.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I just wrapped up a 100% playthough on Survivor but the game still gets pretty easy if you're at all thorough because of the tomb perks + skills. ES might switch that up a little, especially if it's only one save per bonfire. I was thinking about the logistics of implementing a Hardcore Mode and while the concept seems cool there are just too many platforming checks that can kill a 20-hour campaign in an instant.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I wish they would have had one more normal story DLC, like wicked vale was.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Dogen posted:

I wish they would have had one more normal story DLC, like wicked vale was.
I think that's kind of what they're doing with Croft Manor, in that it will actually have a story and not just exist to lock the butler in the fridge I'm mostly happy that we're getting another setting besides Siberia. Rumor is the next game might not do so much of the aping Far Cry, and might feature some more globe trotting.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Jul 22, 2016

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Casimir Radon posted:

lock the butler in the fridge

Not gonna buy if that's not in

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Announcement of new stuff included with the season pass like a week after I used a 20% GMG coupon to buy the Baba Yaga piece by itself :rip:

New video card so I re-ran through this and the 2013 Tomb Raider again and dang I really dig 'em. Feeling pretty spoiled on graphics and presentation; last one still looks great and my lawdy the new one looks good at max settings. Big props to them for continuing to patch the PC version; still drops down in the middle of the Soviet and Valley maps but it's definitely better there and smoothed out overall after the last one. So far the announcement mentioned PSVR support, they better be adding VR support on the PC side too :argh:. Nice that they already have SBS 3d built in, but after a few bouts I gave up trying to get it set up to be playable with a Rift.

Going 2013 -> Rise the combat was sooo much easier. I set it to easy for my 2013 re-run and died a lot more than I expected, had to slow down and put a little effort in at some parts. Rise re-run I did survivor mode and it took till hitting the lost city before I felt like I didn't have perma full ammo/supplies and could just slow and lazy line up pistol headshots. Skipping all optional/sidequest/item pickup stuff overall seemed 2013 was calibrated a lil too high, and Rise a lil low. I hope extreme survivor doubles down with really limited ammo and all. And holy poo poo I hope they tone down the item pickups in the next one too. Where I'd come across one thing to pick up in 2013 I'd spend forever OCD scooping up 5 different doodads on the ground in Rise. A mural, a canister thing, a tape, 2 salvage boxes, 2 bodies to loot, 3 ammo pickups, a branch to break..and that was totally ignoring everything off the beaten path. 2013 there'd be like 1-2 things to scoop real quick after a fight before moving on.

All in all real groovy. Maybe I should try and refund Baba Yaga and get the season pass for the other bits, sounds like they're a more distilled version of the gameplay? And anyone know how save slots work? I did my main run with most stuff done/unlocked, then did a survivor run and skipped bout everything, but now I'd like to go back to finish out the skills and all to do some of the chapter replays maybe with cards but I think since I started survivor my previous save was wiped..? I dunno if I can still load back into not-survivor mode without just starting over again.

New Tomb Raider movie based on the 2013 game is also announced for 2018 release starring I think the main robot girl from Ex Machina, neato

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

You should be able to bring up your previous save file from the Load menu. It drops an autosave in there whenever you complete the story.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Huh. I thought the Cold Darkness DLC was already zombies.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Is it worth picking up 2013 if I enjoyed Rise? I'd never played a Tomb Raider game before, and I had a blast.

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy

Bubbacub posted:

Is it worth picking up 2013 if I enjoyed Rise? I'd never played a Tomb Raider game before, and I had a blast.

Yes. I liked Rise more than 2013 Tomb Raider, but they're pretty comparable, and some like it more.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Bubbacub posted:

TR2013 is still an enjoyable and beautiful-looking game. You'll notice how much Rise improved upon the gameplay and exploration aspects but I think TR2013 has a stronger story and much tighter pacing.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Bought Baba Yaga by itself on GMG like a week ago, wish I got the season pass instead cause now the thought of the other modes plus the 20th Anniversary content has me itching. Since I purchased Baba on GMG and redeemed the key on Steam they don't want to refund me. I'm boned on that right outside of the pass at least being 20% off right now?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Pretty sure. But hey, get the pass and you get that Croft Manor for some story meat down the line, not to mention some pretty nice outfits and gear.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Anniversary patch is up on Steam! Game servers just came back online but I'm not seein' the new content in game yet from poking around the menus. Need more coffee to read time zones, not till 9:00a PDT.

e: And it's out

Steam news page posted:

We have just released the eighth PC patch for Rise of the Tomb Raider, build 1.0.751.5. This patch adds updates related to the 20 Year Celebration Pack, the new Co-Op play for Endurance mode as well as various other fixes. For details please see below.

This patch will be applied by Steam automatically when you next start the game. If your game does not update, please restart the Steam client. If you are using the game on the Windows Store, the update will be available soon, and will be downloaded by the Windows Store automatically.

Please note that you will need to use this version of the game to be able to properly get all features of the 20 Year Celebration Pack and Co-Op play for Endurance. If you have previously switched to a Beta to roll back to an earlier version please ensure you select 'None' as your Beta to ensure you are on the appropriate version to be able to play the new modes.

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration Pack
Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration Pack includes:
Blood Ties single player story. Explore Laras childhood home in an hour of new Story Mode gameplay, and uncover a family mystery that will change her life forever.
Lara's Nightmare Mode. Lara's worst nightmares come alive as hordes of the undead overrun her childhood home.
Extreme Survivor difficulty setting that will severely limit your save points, crafting materials, resources, ammunition, and health.
20 Year Celebration Content. Five classic Lara Croft skins as well as a reimagined outfit and gun that pays tribute to Laras trip to Antarctica in Tomb Raider III.
Infected NPC Cards have been added to Remnant Resistance and Endurance Mode.
The 20 Year Celebration Pack will be automatically given to all Season Pass holders, as well as made available for individual purchase at 9:00am PDT.

Additional Season Pass Content
Also at 9:00am PDT we will grant all Season Pass holders the following packs:
Apex Predator Pack
Hopes Bastion Pack
Remnant Resistance Pack
Sparrowhawk Pack
Tactical Survivor Pack
The Valiant Explorer Pack will also be added to the Season Pass soon.

Endurance Mode Co-Op
A new online co-op expansion to Endurance mode lets fans raid tombs in a brutal wilderness together. Two players must team up to survive the harsh elements by day, as well as lethal threats from enemies by night.

Endurance Mode Co-Op is available with this patch to everyone who already owns or purchases the Endurance Add-on.

Other Changes
Rebalanced the single player Endurance experience and added a new Season 2 leaderboard.
Added a safeguard to prevent Laras radio from being removed from her inventory.
Added a safeguard to allow the player to turn in the Gulag Recon quest if the mission giver was unresponsive.
Added a safeguard to prevent the challenge lanterns in Baba Yaga from disappearing.
Fixed an issue that could lock out player control when turning in a mission in the Soviet Installation.
Fixed an issue where the final cutscene would not trigger if a portable object was aimed while entering the tomb.
Steam overlay in DX12 is now enabled by default, you can still disable it in your Steam settings if desirable.
A variety of other smaller optimizations, bug-fixes, and tweaks.

While we expect this patch to be an improvement for everyone, if you do have trouble with this patch and prefer to stay on the old version we made a Beta available on Steam, Build 668.1, that can be used to switch back to the previous version.

We will keep monitoring for feedback and will release further patches as it seems required. We always welcome your feedback!

teh_Broseph fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Oct 11, 2016

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Hit continue on my previous save to check out the new weapons/outfits and it was crash city. It also looks like EXTREME SURVIVOR is just survivor with saving only allowed at bonfires..? Switched over instead to the Blood Ties story thingy in Croft Manor and snooozzeee it's just walking (sprint is disabled!) around a cramped map picking up a bazillion doodads (cause some are required!). Hopefully the zombie thing is better.

e: The safe combo is 549
ee: and the keypad after is 142

teh_Broseph fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Oct 11, 2016

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I bought the DLC seperate because I didn't want to get it sight unseen. I don't think I get Blood Ties unless they release it by itself.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
You aren't missin anything. Here's Blood Ties, I'm not even puttin it in spoilers cause who cares:

Uncle Lara: I'm debo-ing your mansion cause your dad didn't write a will and your mom disappeared
Lara: No way dude you're a dick

Slowly walk through corridors and pick up items (NINETY SIX doodads x 5 seconds of animation to mash through = 8 minutes of menu animation). Items have story elements like 'I bet this book has a bunch of cool poo poo in it from dad' and 'remember that time mom taught me piano'.

The rooms overall look pretty nice.

Some puzzle solving via looking at clues in the menu where you view the collectible items. This was kind of neat, maybe something they wanted to put in the main game.

Dad Lara: Mom Lara is dying but it's OK I'm totes gonna bring her back! Scratch that it didn't work out so I buried her here and didn't tell anyone.

Mom Lara's grave in the basement:

Mom Lara: Dear Lara I'm dead but you should grow up and do cool poo poo
Uncle Lara: Hey since she's dead and all j/k I won't take your house
Lara: "I WILL MAKE THE FAMILY name and manor GREAT AGAIN!"

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I enjoyed the game enough that I would have given them $3 for that to tide me over until the sequel.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

teh_Broseph posted:

Mom Lara's grave in the basement:

Is Lara's mom mum a saint or something?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Wait, Lara Croft's mother's tomb is in... the undercroft under Croft Manor? :haw:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
When should I do Blood Ties? Is it supposed to be played post-main game?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
The best part about Blood Ties is that it makes locking the butler in the freezer canon in the new games.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

You can buy Blood Ties/Lara's Nightmare seperately on Steam now for $10. So most people might want to wait for a sale on that one. I enjoyed the new story content myself but I'm also a big adventure game fan, and there is not real combat or action in the story mode.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Just started playing the PS4 version. I've just gotten to a Russion something place, and suddenly the game decides to give me a bunch of guns including an uzi. This seems to be preorder bonuses from the initial release. Is there someway to turn this poo poo off? I want to progress through the game naturally, finding new weapons in regular intervals, not playing the game on easy mode. The revolver i picked up ten seconds ago has no point anymore.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

uncle blog posted:

Just started playing the PS4 version. I've just gotten to a Russion something place, and suddenly the game decides to give me a bunch of guns including an uzi. This seems to be preorder bonuses from the initial release. Is there someway to turn this poo poo off? I want to progress through the game naturally, finding new weapons in regular intervals, not playing the game on easy mode. The revolver i picked up ten seconds ago has no point anymore.

Ignore named guns, they're the DLC ones. Can't turn them off.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I finally bought the game since there was a huge discount and it included all the DLC. The only TR I've played was TR 2 and I've found I'm back to my old habit of having to frequently apologize for getting Lara killed over and over. Sorry about that spike pit/giant bear/drowning/falling/etc.

This game looks amazing and other than that loving bear I'm enjoying it. I'm already caught up in trying to 100% the drat thing which I expect is the path to madness.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Just finished the main story on PS4 pro. Stalled out halfway though because I wasn't digging the Siberia setting or plot but it got better after the Geothermal Valley. Not the greatest game in the world but good fun and great graphics.

Blood Ties is the only good DLC I hear?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Blood Ties is a trip down the proverbial memory line, but good one at that. No combat, no acrobatics or such but I loved the puzzles even if they were simple. Baba Yaga is not that memorable, but if you like the main story it's worth doing at least once.

E: Completionist OCD has to put it relatively late game for that one document :black101:

GuyUpNorth fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Dec 6, 2016

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

GuyUpNorth posted:

Blood Ties is a trip down the proverbial memory line, but good one at that. No combat, no acrobatics or such but I loved the puzzles even if they were simple. Baba Yaga is not that memorable, but if you like the main story it's worth doing at least once.

Baba Yaga is fun to do early in the story so you get that sweet bow.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Spacebump posted:

Baba Yaga is fun to do early in the story so you get that sweet bow.

That bow is hilarious and I almost want to replay the game to get it earlier and gently caress with people.

Edit: I am missing one document in my save. It says it's in the Soviet installation, but it doesn't show up on the map. It's the last document in the conspiracy theories set.

Instant Sunrise fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Dec 6, 2016

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Did Blood Ties, it was good besides some of the voice recordings dragging on and on...

Baba Yaga looks alright but I was so relieved when Uncharted 4 didn't have supernatural stuff and wish ROTR didn't. :/

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Baba Yaga looks alright but I was so relieved when Uncharted 4 didn't have supernatural stuff and wish ROTR didn't. :/
Just play it. It's not supernatural

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
So I have a question (I'll spoiler most of it just in case): After the chase scene in the area you knock over the giant statue, Lara is at the top of a mountain but I slid down the rope before doing it (seeing the scene). Is there a way to get back up there? I haven't progressed any further yet, so I would assume if I can get back it will still happen - stupid rope is too high to grab onto to climb back up it.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

nunsexmonkrock posted:

So I have a question (I'll spoiler most of it just in case): After the chase scene in the area you knock over the giant statue, Lara is at the top of a mountain but I slid down the rope before doing it (seeing the scene). Is there a way to get back up there? I haven't progressed any further yet, so I would assume if I can get back it will still happen - stupid rope is too high to grab onto to climb back up it.
I don't think you can get back in there normally. You can replay it later through chapter replay though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

I don't think you can get back in there normally. You can replay it later through chapter replay though.

Cook thanks. I'll do that then, hope it plays the cut scene. and it counts for completion (if it even counts to begin with.)

Edit: I just got some sort of scene meeting him just playing through, so I'm happy!

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Feb 21, 2017

• Locked thread