Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
The wall cause it has a movie which is disturbing and has "what shall we do now" which is a good song.

Roger Waters did a bunch of tours of it recently. They were very good and I saw it twice.

I am not a dad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I love pink Floyd but hate the wall

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Mega64 posted:

How many years until Pearl Jam is considered dad rock?
we aleady live in this world dad

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Pearl Jam, Metallica, Nirvana, STP are already being played on the dad rock stations.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Apple Music beats no 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXnCjfNN6DY

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
Wish You Were Here

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Shoulda closed the thread right here

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Thunder Moose posted:

Wish You Were Here

This is the overpowered number two like Dr Evil's Number Two

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

I didn't think it was possible to ruin such a basic song

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

The Piper at the Gates of Dawn

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
Obscured by Clouds
DSOTM
Division Bell
More
Animals

I am extremely pro-Gilmour.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

gilmour's entrance into the band brought it from poo poo to not poo poo and clearly waters resented that and turned into dumb rear end in a top hat who made bad songs

anyways that's just my take on the pink floyd experience

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Piper. The rest is trash.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ethanol posted:

gilmour's entrance into the band brought it from poo poo to not poo poo and clearly waters resented that and turned into dumb rear end in a top hat who made bad songs

I dig your opinion. When it comes down to it, it is about the music. This is how pigs can fly.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
If you consider anything other than Animals you are unfortunately incorrect

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

It's this one.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
i'm one of like the 7 people who also really like the final cut. anything post-waters is boring and unlistenable to me. it was water's band gently caress you if you disagree with me

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Wish You Were Here

now let's talk about good bands

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

symbolic posted:

Wish You Were Here

now let's talk about good bands

like post-layne alice in chains right

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

the great deceiver posted:

like post-layne alice in chains right
nah, that's not dad-rockish enough yet. also, i'm sorry they beat with with prison soap to BGWTB

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL

ethanol posted:

I agree with every post of yours

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

symbolic posted:

nah, that's not dad-rockish enough yet. also, i'm sorry they beat with with prison soap to BGWTB

1. only a dad would listen to post-layne aic

and

2. if i had been beaten with prison soap it probably would have been soundtracked to that mexican music with tubas and accordions and poo poo. i didnt even listen to BGWTB and i have opinions on it :smug:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

1. only a dad would listen to post-layne aic

and

2. if i had been beaten with prison soap it probably would have been soundtracked to that mexican music with tubas and accordions and poo poo. i didnt even listen to BGWTB and i have opinions on it :smug:
1. i'm not a dad though so :shrug:

2. same

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

symbolic posted:

1. i'm not a dad though so :shrug:

2. same

u are a spiritdad....an "old soul" if u will..........

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

u are a spiritdad....an "old soul" if u will..........
i am chuck schuldiner reincarnated

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

immho when people say this what they mean is "echoes" or maybe "echoes + fearless" (and they are right in both cases btw)

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CECEj6hJPkk

it's this, op, hth

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Commie NedFlanders posted:

Shoulda closed the thread right here

Good album, but not enough musical range. It's one long awesome song but still one song. #3.

Wish You Were Here is #2. Old space weirdness Floyd + new infectiously memorable guitar riff Floyd.

Dark Side is of course #1, but hipsters hate popular things so none of you idiots acknowledges it.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

a happy snowman posted:

Good album, but not enough musical range. It's one long awesome song but still one song. #3.

Wish You Were Here is #2. Old space weirdness Floyd + new infectiously memorable guitar riff Floyd.

Dark Side is of course #1, but hipsters hate popular things so none of you idiots acknowledges it.

no I just don't think it's as good as wish you were here or animals. It's #3 though

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

I've always liked atom heart mother and think it's underrated, but it's not the best. that's wish you were here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan

Came to post this.

They cover the whole double album, track for track. In country. It is surprisingly good.

• Locked thread