Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fairfax
Nov 9, 2015

by Lowtax
saw the new trailer and i was like "who gives a poo poo?". why is star wars so loving important to people?

naw just kidding. im excited and i think its gonna be decent.

not as good as the prequels, but good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HqBml6pj1o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Ya it'll be fine

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

will there be big alien titties?

fairfax
Nov 9, 2015

by Lowtax

Sintax posted:

Ya it'll be fine

but what if it REALLY sucks. what are nerds gonna do with themselves?

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

fairfax posted:

but what if it REALLY sucks. what are nerds gonna do with themselves?

the same thing they did after all of the movies besides empire strikes back

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

It will be ok. It really depends on Lucas' involvement. If he had any say at all on anything, those portions will invariably suck. Otherwise it will be handled in a competent manner.

fairfax
Nov 9, 2015

by Lowtax

Tarkus posted:

It will be ok. It really depends on Lucas' involvement. If he had any say at all on anything, those portions will invariably suck. Otherwise it will be handled in a competent manner.

i can just see him standing outside the disney offices. they are done having a story meeting, and george is like "there should be a purple alien called wablo, and he should be like "what the?'. it will be funny.

and they're just like "sure george, thats a neato idea" and pat him on the head.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Looks fun, tbh

fairfax
Nov 9, 2015

by Lowtax

Booblord Zagats posted:

Looks fun, tbh

nice screen name.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
it will be sweaty

:gay: the sweat ratios are already off the charts master solo
:madmax: never tell me the sweat odds

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

like every other abrams film, it will be fun, exciting and totally forgettable

i can't comprehend all these people that are buying merchandise of all these totally unknown new characters like they're going to be poo poo-hot collectibles. the major supermarket is selling fucjing star wars linen as an impulse buy in the autocheckout. why are people believing what disney is saying, that they're going to love stormtrooper guy or girl or ballbot so much that they must have them in their homes, when they have yet to prove any of this poo poo, all disney is doing is setting up impossible expectations that is going to render all this poo poo worthless. who are these marketeers and who are they marketing to, it boggles the mind

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

It's by Jar Jar Abrams, so I think we all know the answer.

fairfax
Nov 9, 2015

by Lowtax

Martman posted:

It's by Jar Jar Abrams, so I think we all know the answer.

BURR HUR HUR HUR! jar jar abrams BUR HUR HUR! *laughs and spills mountain dew on his man boobs*

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
It's going to be so middle-of-the-road that it will not make any great impression either way

Like, if you are a nerd still mad about the three lovely prequel movies, you will feel a great sense of relief and vindication, but only because this new one won't be loving stupid

If you didn't pay much attention to the lovely prequel movies and you want this new one to give the same good-hearted gee-whiz zing of the first trilogy, you will be disappointed because there won't be any new ideas whatsoever, it will just be poo poo that was new 30 years ago

If you don't know anything about star wars at all, you will watch this movie and then two days later you will get it confused in your mind with those JJ Abrams Star Trek movies

It is going to be like a granola bar that you ate one morning and have no memory of whatsoever

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

fairfax posted:

BURR HUR HUR HUR! jar jar abrams BUR HUR HUR! *laughs and spills mountain dew on his man boobs*

:eyepop:

fairfax
Nov 9, 2015

by Lowtax

Tujague posted:

It's going to be so middle-of-the-road that it will not make any great impression either way

Like, if you are a nerd still mad about the three lovely prequel movies, you will feel a great sense of relief and vindication, but only because this new one won't be loving stupid

If you didn't pay much attention to the lovely prequel movies and you want this new one to give the same good-hearted gee-whiz zing of the first trilogy, you will be disappointed because there won't be any new ideas whatsoever, it will just be poo poo that was new 30 years ago

If you don't know anything about star wars at all, you will watch this movie and then two days later you will get it confused in your mind with those JJ Abrams Star Trek movies

It is going to be like a granola bar that you ate one morning and have no memory of whatsoever

in the end they're just movies.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
my dentist told me that he already bought tickets for opening night. i was gonna say "looks like it's time for me to find a new dentist" but i couldn't b/c i had a drill in my mouth, so i just sat in the chair fuming for an hour.

fairfax
Nov 9, 2015

by Lowtax

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

my dentist told me that he already bought tickets for opening night. i was gonna say "looks like it's time for me to find a new dentist" but i couldn't b/c i had a drill in my mouth, so i just sat in the chair fuming for an hour.

why would you even bother going to see that opening night? theres gonna be millions of angry nerds and its gonna smell like poo poo.

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug
I try not to be too critical of movies and tv the whole point is that it's supposed to be fun. People get really angry about poo poo that isn't that serious.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
its gonna be loving badass, i anticipate watching it at least 90 times in the theater, possibly spending whole weekends watching it, probably get in 9 viewings a day on the weekends.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Calling it now, Jar Jar Binks is going to fill the Yoda role.

fairfax
Nov 9, 2015

by Lowtax

Kuato posted:

its gonna be loving badass, i anticipate watching it at least 90 times in the theater, possibly spending whole weekends watching it, probably get in 9 viewings a day on the weekends.

i know your probably joking, but some people....

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
It's a possibility

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
It took me a while to see "Southpaw". I liked it eventually.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

fairfax
Nov 9, 2015

by Lowtax

Zeluth posted:

It took me a while to see "Southpaw". I liked it eventually.

another flick about an underdog boxer who has one last chance at boxing redemption.

fairfax
Nov 9, 2015

by Lowtax

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

will there be big alien titties?

see: total recall.

fairfax
Nov 9, 2015

by Lowtax

Lord Binky posted:

the same thing they did after all of the movies besides empire strikes back

return of the jedi was good.

fairfax
Nov 9, 2015

by Lowtax

Tujague posted:

pretty much this.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
itll be like a ok sandwich

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Perhaps you need a new outlet, Fairfax.

fairfax
Nov 9, 2015

by Lowtax

Zeluth posted:

Perhaps you need a new outlet, Fairfax.

what do you mean?

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Off broadway musicals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVJgmp2Tc2s

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
It's gonna be adequate with to many people making fuss about it in both directions.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
like a ok curry that u like, but indians hate, bc its no spicy enough for them.

fairfax
Nov 9, 2015

by Lowtax

what's my outlet now?

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

fairfax posted:

what's my outlet now?

How the gently caress should I know?

fairfax
Nov 9, 2015

by Lowtax

Orkin Mang posted:

itll be like a ok sandwich

this was the only funny reply in the whole thread.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien

fairfax posted:

what's my outlet now?

Your outlet could be not posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fairfax
Nov 9, 2015

by Lowtax

Tujague posted: