Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Coffee rings are mandatory. As are cheeky comments in different colored pens and goofy stick figure drawings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Breakdown is as follows.

Mewcephalus: Noble | Technical - Dex 8
Daniel: Minstrel | Attack - Average set at 6
Jingle: Farmer | Magic - Average set at 6
Qistina: Healer | Magic - Int/Spi 8
Peregrine: Artisan | Technical - Dex 8
Ballast: Hunter | Technical - Str 8

Leader: ???
Mapper: Qistina
Quartermaster: Jingle?
Journal Keeper: ???

I think we could condense JK into a couple of entries from each player every so often. Like we get to a new place and see what Ballast hasn't been writing down or Jingle's notes on the local flora or what have you. We sorta have ready access to everything that's been said and done, y'know?

Who's driving?

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Well, I'm already in the driver's seat so the speak...

If someone else wants the job Peregrine is probably a better fit as the Green Ranger type but if no one else speaks up she'll pick up the baton.

Anyways, as for location pitch - how about we start with a name!

Argent, The Tower That Splits the Sky!

Zerbin7
Oct 15, 2014

It's a living.
Well, Daniel doesn't seem a good fit for leader, and Ballast prefers a life of ease. Peregrine looks like a good fit, but Mew could work too, if Maleketh is so inclined.

(Super cool name, by the way.)

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Mew would love to be leader, but as his player I think it's a terrible idea since no one really respects him. I'm still happy to do it if that's how you all want it, though.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Much like with actual cats, I think it's much funnier if something Mew wants is constantly just out of his reach.

Your destination is Argent, the tower that splits the sky. It's located on an island shrouded in mist, perhaps unreachable for ten months out of the year, with a possible surfeit of tasty fish. The tower is possibly run by one of the Arcadia Project offshoots, though its circumstances are currently unknown. Rumors among the archaeology set suggest a crashed airship on the island, full of curiosities and antiquities. Whether the airship struck the tower, became a victim of the mist, or was otherwise imperiled is a matter of debate. Rare flowers are purported to bloom in a small town at the base of the tower. There is a diner in town that serves some drat fine coffee.

Sounds like a pretty solid destination to me. I'm going to get the thread up today. I suspect there will be some farting around in town before we really get rolling, on account of the holiday.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Update: it's just before 9:30 PM my time, and thanks to various circumstances I'm about to pass the gently caress out. Thread will instead happen tomorrow.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Okay, thread's up.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Sure got quiet around here.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Waiting on Fewture. If we don't get anything in a day or so we'll kick forward.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Sorry, I've been in the hospital for the past week, and away from my phone for all of it. I'll have my post up by 11 PM EST

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

FewtureMD posted:

Sorry, I've been in the hospital for the past week, and away from my phone for all of it. I'll have my post up by 11 PM EST

Whoa. Yeah, that's a good reason to be absent.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

You gonna be alright? Like, continuing to maintain your health is substantially more important than timely posting in a PbP game.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

Yeah, I'll be fine, and I really appreciate the concern. Part of my aftercare is doing things I enjoy, and PBP is one of them :)

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Yikes, well, glad to hear you're back.

Zerbin7
Oct 15, 2014

It's a living.
Glad to hear you're okay.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

A heads-up: I'm probably not going to be able to post from Sunday through Friday, as I'm headed across the country to see my parents. Assume Mew follows the group and helps with whatever needs doing (within reason; he is a cat).

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Thanks for the notice!

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh
Sorry for the delay on my side, I've been kind of swamped by work and a back to back shift I'm in the middle of will keep me a bit longer still, but I'll try to get it in as soon as I can!

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

Sorry for the silence! I totally forgot to bookmark the game thread, and with the moving out of my dorm, my mind was somewhere else...I'll post Jingle's story of his first time seeing the stars tomorrow morning as penance

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

grassy gnoll posted:

It's all good. You can tell this is a fast-moving game. Don't forget to mark your ration consumption, taking into account Ballast's haul. One person's short a day's rations, and I'll leave that up to you guys.

Our quartermaster should be tracking provisions, assuming Fewture's still around.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

I've been meaning to ask: what's the season? If it's spring I'm due for a few minor bonuses.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Not winter or fall. I'll go with majority rules on summer v. spring, so if you have an opinion, sound off.

Zerbin7
Oct 15, 2014

It's a living.
Seeing as it's so hot today, I think summer seems reasonable. Or if Maleketh likes, it could just be unseasonably warm this year, as in real life (it's nine days before Christmas and I'm still running my fan for pete's sake).

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Summer sounds okey-doke.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Well, spring is obviously the best for me, but I'm okay with summer. It's a relatively minor bonus, all things considered.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh
I kind of like the idea of "road construction" season specifically over just summer, though it's probably just me. Even if it's way more quiet in this world, there's bound to be some excessively slow project to get in our way.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Summer it is.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

This is neat.

It also reminds me that I kinda want to see our Ryuujin's sheet.

• Locked thread