Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Hogge Wild posted:

im the scheming old oval office

Sorry im a little late to the party. But still, id gently caress maggie smith. I doubt shed let me but if she would, id be down in a heartbeat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Sherlock Holmes and the Mystery of Who Started WW1

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

CharlestonJew posted:

Sherlock Holmes and the Mystery of Who Started WW1

I feel like ur av is very thread appropriate.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I knew that downton abbey wasn't going to be the show for me the moment it became the bizarre centrepiece of ousted conservative prime minister tony abbott's attempts to humanize himself. Reported on every news network in australia for a week: tony abbott reveals love of watching downton abbey with his wife, lizard person rumours currently unconfirmed.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Applewhite posted:

TBF back then it was harder to tell when someone was being gay because men held hands and hung out naked and stuff in a non sexual/romantic context.

They don't actually ever show this poo poo in historical dramas though cause people would get confused and uncomfortable viewing gender relations without a modern lens

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Hey Mr. Capps wanna go over to the old Brinklewoort farm and throw hard pine cones at the hogs while they gently caress?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Nathilus posted:

Sorry im a little late to the party. But still, id gently caress maggie smith. I doubt shed let me but if she would, id be down in a heartbeat.

deffo

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i like how all "old timey" language is whedon esque witticisms, but you know less modern references and more sirs and madams

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I was watchin the Graham Norton show and Maggie Smith was on it. He asked if she'd seen Downton Abbey and she paused for a bit before saying '...I have the box set'.

She was a classy lady on that show.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I imagine her verbally flaying me as i go downtown. drat it would be soooooo good.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Nathilus posted:

I imagine her verbally flaying me as i go downtown. drat it would be soooooo good.

:jackbud:

also, here's something:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x308MIPPUyA

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
what the good historical drama shows? I liked the first season of turn but thats all I've seen so far

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
here's one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHs2coAzLJ8

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
is there ever a character that talks about the virtues of nazism?

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
I'm the black guy who isn't a slave and is treated with dignity and respect by everyone but the villains of the show.

Velisarius
Nov 1, 2009
the turkish fellow was played by a greek

what does this mean !?!?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Red Suit posted:

what the good historical drama shows? I liked the first season of turn but thats all I've seen so far

The Americans (if you count Soviet spies in the early 80's as historical)
Peaky Blinders (gypsy mans shoot other gangsters)
Game of Thrones (a comedy set in Ancient Egypt)

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Famous historical gays:
-Leonardo da Vinci
-Michelangelo
-Alexander the Great
-Abraham Lincoln
-Cary Grant
-Liberace
-James Buchanan
-Eleanor Roosevelt
-John Waters

There should be a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen style show where they all fight crime.

Velisarius posted:

the turkish fellow was played by a greek

what does this mean !?!?

Turks are basically Greeks and Greeks are basically Turks though.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Hogge Wild posted:

have you tried reading gbs

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
This topic was ripped from the headlines of a James Adomian set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TamBV00kVLA

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Gaunab posted:

is there ever a character that talks about the virtues of nazism?

In "The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie" she's really into Mussolini. That's a good, weird historical movie. And stars Maggie Smith. She's the one into Mussolini in it.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Why are all ya'all spelling Downtown wrong? It sounds like the olde tyme way to do things

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

I'm the black guy who isn't a slave and is treated with dignity and respect by everyone but the villains of the show.

Do they call you MISTER OMG JC a Bomb! ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

NotWearingPants posted:

This topic was ripped from the headlines of a James Adomian set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TamBV00kVLA

The sheriff of nottingham character he does is the greatest gay character in historical drama

• Locked thread