Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Rutibex posted:

i want to play PS4 on this thing

I think it would take a perverse adapter chain to even play like NES on that thing

which would make it no less cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Want through Goodwill at lunch time and got these all for $4

I think the Penn & Teller video is worth a few bucks.

Blind Fury is going to be a blast to watch.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Boinks posted:

Want through Goodwill at lunch time and got these all for $4

I think the Penn & Teller video is worth a few bucks.

Blind Fury is going to be a blast to watch.
not gonna comment on that steal of a price for Dr. Strangelove?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Oh man Blind Fury rules even though it was probably a mistake to cast Rutger Hauer in a comedic action movie

it was a beautiful mistake

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
Blind Fury is sort of like an Americanized zatoichi isn't it?

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

symbolic posted:

not gonna comment on that steal of a price for Dr. Strangelove?

Yeah that was a good find but it only sells for $5 on Ebay with shipping. Still a good find though!

Blind Fury is a remake of Zatoichi.

lo carb Lo Pan
Oct 8, 2004

Rutibex posted:

i want to play PS4 on this thing

Monkey Fracas posted:

I think it would take a perverse adapter chain to even play like NES on that thing

which would make it no less cool

This is easy.

This is what the back of the TV looks like:

That wire appears to be hardwired into the TV for antenna signal.

These are the 3 pieces I would use to hook up a PS4

Coax to Antenna
http://www.amazon.com/RCA-VH58-Matc...038WQNCBN038BY3

Composite to HDMI
http://www.amazon.com/Portta-WPETHC...rds=hdmi+to+rca

And the centerpice would be some poo poo VCR

This one's pretty close to mine.

Then it would go PS4 -> HDMI -> Composite adapter -> VCR -> Plug the RCA transformer into the coaxial on the VCR and the antenna wire from the TV into the RCA.

In other news local goon burns down house trying to play Fallout 4 on an abandoned roach farm taken from a Goodwill dumpster.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Interesting question, the only ones I go to are in the suburbs. I believe I read somewhere that Goodwill trains employees to keep an eye out for actual valuable things, separate them from the crap and then auction them off.

this is an interesting take because many thrift stores are staffed by special needs people on work programs because you can pay disabled people like 50 cents a hour

lt_kennedy
Sep 2, 2007
Needs Moar Race
I get a lot at thrift shops - here are my best finds

Alexander McQueen Skull scarf for $20 - these retail for $500+AUD online still
Armani Colleczioni Cashmere knit sweater - $7.50 - probably retailed around $600+AUD
Thierry Mugler Round Pod purse circa the mid 90s - $3.50 - saw it on a retro/vintage shop online for $350USD
Liberty of London William Morris print fabric 'The Strawberry Thief' Button down for $2 - usually retails around $200GBP
Liberty of London fabric for Sportscraft button down for $2 and from the look of it never worn, ever - retails around $100/150aud
Two pairs of Mimco acrylic hair clips for $4 each NWT (worth about $70+ collectively according to the tag)
Men's ties from Oroton, Ferragamo, Valentino, Ralph Lauren, Gucci for between $1 to $4.50

And recently three lightly worn t-shirts from Hilfiger, Ralph Lauren/Polo and Nautica for $20aud

I used to do sorting out back at thrift shops and due to sheer volume you can't put out everything on the floor esp if it's stained or gross but the old bitches who used to do it probably scissored through thousands of dollars of silk scarves and designer blouses because they thought it was 'weird' or 'ugly'. Sorry if you think you're fashion geniuses because you never shop anywhere beyond target and or taking home garbage teir stretch cotton old people clothes from the donation piles.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Business Gorillas posted:

this is an interesting take because many thrift stores are staffed by special needs people on work programs because you can pay disabled people like 50 cents a hour

Goodwill's whole shtick is helping marginalized people find work so that's why their stores are always staffed by sketchy folk.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

notZaar posted:

Goodwill's whole shtick is helping marginalized people find work so that's why their stores are always staffed by sketchy folk.

Good on them

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax
i needed a belt so i picked one up and i also bought mechwarrior 2 and the expansion pack

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

OctoberBlues posted:

I decided to go check out the Goodwill in Denver this evening and I am sad to report the selection kind of sucked and they didn't even have stuff that was ironically cool.

Go to the one in Parker, it rules. They have 20-percent-off Mondays, too, I think.

eta: The best goodwills I've gone to were in parker, santa monica, and springfield, IL.

etaa: My favorite thrifting is done at midwestern rummage sales. From May to October, I'm a rummage-sale fool.

Willa Rogers fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Nov 13, 2015

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
i got a gallus lamp for 8 bux at a thrift store a few weeks ago

Sailor Viy
Aug 4, 2013

And when I can swim no longer, if I have not reached Aslan's country, or shot over the edge of the world into some vast cataract, I shall sink with my nose to the sunrise.

Last time I went to the thrift store someone took a dump in one of the changing cubicles.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Sailor Viy posted:

Last time I went to the thrift store someone took a dump in one of the changing cubicles.

Uh oh

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

carrion kit posted:

i got a gallus lamp for 8 bux at a thrift store a few weeks ago

I wish your avatar was animated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Sotogrande posted:

In other news local goon burns down house trying to play Fallout 4 on an abandoned roach farm taken from a Goodwill dumpster.

This is the best. I used to work for a big box store doing repair on crt tvs and poo poo in the early 00's and half of them were full of roaches.

• Locked thread