Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
We all do it, sometimes several times a week. Hell I spent £900 on it last year. I'm talking of course about watching live football on TV. Do you prefer Sky Sports or BT Sports? Broadband or fibre? Let's share the best deals for watching our best teams. Me? I've learned about an exciting new package called BT Sports Lite which just gives you prem and UK club CL action.

Here's a diagram for some reason:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Lots of you writing in about BT sport lite. Here's a primer.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

from chelmsford to canterbury

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
i dont pay for cable. my friend gave me his direcTV login and I have NBC Sports, BeinTV and Fox Sports through that.

Total cost: $0
Footy levels: high

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I use slingbox which is pretty good for being able to watch matches on ipads and poo poo. Klowdtv is another option.

Nothing really in America really for specific matches and deals that I'm aware of.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
illegal internet streams 4lyfe

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I am a Sky Sports subscriber. If I want to stand a good chance of seeing my team on television 3 times a months I need to also get BT Sports and ESPN/Setanta. High definition is not included with either of these and costs €15 a month on top of that.
Sky just sent me a letter to say their base package is increasing by €2.
I don't feel I get good value anymore

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

julian assflange posted:

I am a Sky Sports subscriber. If I want to stand a good chance of seeing my team on television 3 times a months I need to also get BT Sports and ESPN/Setanta. High definition is not included with either of these and costs €15 a month on top of that.
Sky just sent me a letter to say their base package is increasing by €2.
I don't feel I get good value anymore

want to swap? I'm with bt

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
I have the full Sky Sports Package in HD, dont bother with BT sport.

Costs me way too much but it means I get to watch my sport in high definition, the way I love it.

Standard definition? Get out.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I listen to football matches on the radio.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

The Big Taff Man posted:

I have the full Sky Sports Package in HD, dont bother with BT sport.

Costs me way too much but it means I get to watch my sport in high definition, the way I love it.

Standard definition? Get out.

I always forget to record motd on BBC 1 HD but i try not to let it bother me. Where do you watch our CL away games?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Breath Ray posted:

I always forget to record motd on BBC 1 HD but i try not to let it bother me. Where do you watch our CL away games?

In that instance I rely on a dodgy internet stream and swear constantly as it goes down faster than Wade Barrett under a slap from Man United captain Wayne Rooney

Alternatively I just hit f5 on the matchday thread and rely on Pirate Bob, Ninpo and Shrapnac to guide me through the match with their posts before listening to the Traffordcast for full analysis afterwards

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I refuse to pay for HD as an extra feature in TYOL 2015.

landofcake
May 7, 2009

CANNONBALL TAFFY O' JONES!!!
I'm a bit of an internet twat so for when I miss MOTD I've set up a server which grabs it when it appears on the iplayer and sends a notification to my phone

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard
Signed up under Friends and Family code on Sky so get Family Bundle + Sky Sports Channels +HD and comes out to 45£/month. I'll go to the local for early Sat matches and CL matches on BT (BT can go gently caress themselves).

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Interesting, and who do you like for broadband?

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard

Breath Ray posted:

Interesting, and who do you like for broadband?

Virgin.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
i use dutch fox sports which costs 12,50 euros a month and gives me premier league, dutch league and a bunch of other leagues in HD online

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I don't pay a single cent for TV, no value for money. Propaganda and lies all fed to you through the airwaves. And I find soccer pretty boring to watch at least most games these days. Its very easy to stream everything in HD.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

African AIDS cum posted:

I don't pay a single cent for TV, no value for money. Propaganda and lies all fed to you through the airwaves. And I find soccer pretty boring to watch at least most games these days. Its very easy to stream everything in HD.

its mostly actually through cables op

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

oliwan posted:

its mostly actually through cables op

Actually look it up, It all comes through space via satellites, its all coming through the air just floating freely around and you pay for the privilege

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

African AIDS cum posted:

Actually look it up, It all comes through space via satellites, its all coming through the air just floating freely around and you pay for the privilege

im sorry but i find this hard to believe

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i use xbmc to stream matches when i can't watch them on tv since when it has something to watch since the video quality is always good if its not a bloodzeed stream

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM
I get bt sport with my broadband which i can cast onto my telly with a chrome cast dongle. sky sports is too expensive!

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Jose posted:

i use xbmc to stream matches when i can't watch them on tv since when it has something to watch since the video quality is always good if its not a bloodzeed stream

what addon do you use

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
phoenix. its been a bit unreliable recently both with actually finding a stream and the connection

Chillao
Jan 12, 2004
discerning gentleman
i would just like to take a moment right now to give a big shout out to my basic cable package here in Beautiful British Columbia. It's high def and includes two sports channels which both show different Prem broadcasts. And for an extra $5 you get 4 extra sport channels which run all the rest of the 3pm fixtures. It's an all-you-eat English football buffet for peanuts, essentially.

Sky Sports / BT is incredibly poo poo value and I thank the good lord daily i no longer have to endure it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Virgin media +sky sports, with the 100mb fiber ops internet and landline bundled together saves me cash and got my bill recently cut for being loyal and not switching to sky

I had BT sports free for a month during start of champions league but didnt want to pay £15 a month for it so tend to go to the pub for champions league

Fluo fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Nov 21, 2015

• Locked thread