Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Cat people are wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hate hoot
Nov 7, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

Dogs are super awesome and cats are garbage from the trash.

My family got one of our cats after someone locked her in a cat carrier and threw it in the dumpster. She was, in fact, a literal garbage animal but was also super awesome.

Also, many world religions consider dogs unclean, whereas cats are welcome in churches, mosques, temples and synagogues around the globe. There, they absorb ancient doctrines, filter out the dumb parts and transmit wisdom to us through their kneading paws.

Finally, people who think cats aren't affectionate or loyal need to meet some Siamese. One of ours has to be in physical contact with a person basically at all times. She screams if we go in the basement without her.

Woozy
Jan 3, 2006

BlueBlazer posted:

5 of the 6 units in my building have dogs. Dogs are fine, dog owners more likely to suck.

Remember the last time you visited a new friend's house and thought to yourself "Oh good! He has a dog!"? No you don't because that never happens. :colbert:

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

There is a cat next to me right now, it is emitting neither loud noises nor unpleasant odours; what dog can claim that?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Diesel named as police dog killed in Saint Denis raids hunting for Paris attackers [E: probably not that one specifically]

I think that settles it; what have cats ever done besides terrorizing birds and other local fauna.

Edit: cats are ISIS

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

mobby_6kl posted:

Diesel named as police dog killed in Saint Denis raids hunting for Paris attackers [E: probably not that one specifically]

I think that settles it; what have cats ever done besides terrorizing birds and other local fauna.

Cats have become the mayor of entire towns. And a train station manager in Japan. Thus cats are ones in positions of power to order dogs to their death.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

mobby_6kl posted:

I'm on the side of cats here but this is pretty much true

On the other hand

Literally Hitler are dog people

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

Who What Now posted:

Cats have become the mayor of entire towns. And a train station manager in Japan. Thus cats are ones in positions of power to order dogs to their death.

So you are saying cats are literally Hitlers.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Dzhay posted:

There is a cat next to me right now, it is emitting neither loud noises nor unpleasant odours; what dog can claim that?

There is a sleeping dog next to me and while he is almost silent he is indeed emitting some hellacious gas so you have a good point there.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

One of my friends has a cat that has the gnarliest farts ever so I can't use "doesn't fart" as a cat positive.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Medieval Medic posted:

So you are saying cats are literally Hitlers.

If you check my post history you'll see I already conclusively and scientifically proved that it is in fact dogs who are literally Hitlers.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Kegluneq posted:

On the other hand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbX3yWw74JY

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Woozy posted:

Remember the last time you visited a new friend's house and thought to yourself "Oh good! He has a dog!"? No you don't because that never happens. :colbert:

I'm always happy to meet a new dogge and they are always happy to meet me, there is a bond between me and doggekind. Probably the raw rear end-stench.

Buddy-copping up with dogs helped us become apex predators and stop being eaten by giant cats so I'm giving it to dogs this round.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

When's the last time a cat died in the line of duty protecting our freedoms from terrorists?

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

My Imaginary GF posted:

When's the last time a cat died in the line of duty protecting our freedoms from terrorists?

in 2156 Emperor Kitty the First went back in time to kill MegaHitler, leaving us with regular Hitler.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Hindus believe that the lowest life form one can be reincarnated as is a cat.

They are correct.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Kegluneq posted:

I'm on the side of cats here but this is pretty much true

On the other hand

poo poo like this is always weird to see. you see these people commit horrific acts of mass violence and rape, but they still do photos with kitties.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Dogs are extremely good at warfare and cats are rubbish at it. I realize this argument works both ways depending on how you feel about war but I think war is awesome and by extension this is a point in favor of the dog. e: And against the cat.

Smoky the War Terrier

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

PenisMonkey posted:

Hindus believe that the lowest life form one can be reincarnated as is a cat.

They are correct.

No they don't liar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

People who are fiercely partisan about dogs or cats are stupid. They're both good.

In my humble opinion, the best dogs are better than the best cats, but most dog breeds are worse than the average cat and most dog people have lovely taste in dogs. Kennel clubs need to be rounded up and killed for ruining man's best friend.

Anyway here are some good dogs.

50% wolf, as you can see from the eyes.

Half Malamute half German Shepherd, a very good dog.

• Locked thread