Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

driver snipe one of the humvees, have the scorps focus the second one while the quad runs in wildly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

US Air force general is the worst. You just have to accept that your base will disappear every 4 minutes.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Xoidanor posted:

US Air force general is the worst. You just have to accept that your base will disappear every 4 minutes.

The real reason to hate USAir is that it's borderline impossible to harass their economy, and the reduced cost on their resource gatherer means they can get the rockvee/ambo combo up much sooner than all the other versions of USA

I, uh, used to be quite competitive at Zero Hour

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

My friends never managed to get quite that savvy luckily.

Panboy
May 20, 2010

Le'me tell ya'll about them Apples.

Tulip posted:

OK what the hell? Mine CTDs immediately and everything I look up says you can get it done with disks and some shenanigans but with origin you're just hosed. Did you do anything fancy or did it just run right away?

Specifically the install gives me "Error: The VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue. (1603)". The game gives me no specific error, it just dies on start.

No i havent done anything special, i can just run the game, but if the error is with the vc++ redist, you could try downloading and installing it on its own, might give you more success, I do have visual studio installed so it could be that i have the SDKs installed.

From what I can see, generals uses both 2005 and 2010 versions of the VC++

Panboy fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Dec 26, 2015

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

inthesto posted:

The real reason to hate USAir is that it's borderline impossible to harass their economy, and the reduced cost on their resource gatherer means they can get the rockvee/ambo combo up much sooner than all the other versions of USA

I, uh, used to be quite competitive at Zero Hour

How did the ambo support RocketVees? Auto-repair?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Uh, pardon my ignorance, but I've forgotten what "ambo" means in this context, despite having played Zero Hour. Unless it means ambulance? in which case my question is how is it helpful in context with a Humvee full of rocket guys.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I'm going to guess it's a rambo ambulance given that it can also carry infantry.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Stephen9001 posted:

Uh, pardon my ignorance, but I've forgotten what "ambo" means in this context, despite having played Zero Hour. Unless it means ambulance? in which case my question is how is it helpful in context with a Humvee full of rocket guys.

Ambulances gained the ability to heal vehicles in Zero Hour

Combined the sheer mobility and firepower of a humvee with three or four rocket dudes in each one, it's actually pretty drat hard to deal with the stupid things

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
Okay the mental image of a ambulance "healing" a humvee is absolutely ridiculous, but combining that with a pair or more of humvees sporting 4 rocket guys and a shrub...

Man, why the gently caress haven't I've been using those during my comp stomps now?

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

no idea. for comp stomps shrubberies are great. You just stand them nearish to your patriot batteries and suddenly that entrence is safe from infantry. And, ya know, take some in a hu,,er so your tanks don't have to worry about ungarrisoned footsoldiers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Ambo is a super Australian way to say Ambulance.

• Locked thread