Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Kill myself?
yes
YES
just do it already pussy
goku
View Results

• Locked thread
a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

staberind posted:

Third page and still nohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjh-nFCfp2s

a shameful chonson.

duh check my page one gif

or dont. it doesnt matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Nathilus posted:

Ive always thought that of you are sincerely nihilist to be self consistent you should stfu about it. But no. Every nihilist in the history of ever has to make utterly meaningless word salads about it. Meaningless by their own philosophy that is. I accept that meaning isnt intrinsic but is something humans create. But i still want nihilists to stfu.

inokichi
Nov 3, 2005

Ah always the classic "goku" option

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

a happy snowman posted:

Everyone in this thread needs to read The Conspiracy Against The Human Race by John Ligotti.

NOW.

“This is the great lesson the depressive learns: Nothing in the world is inherently compelling. Whatever may be really “out there” cannot project itself as an affective experience. It is all a vacuous affair with only a chemical prestige. Nothing is either good or bad, desirable or undesirable, or anything else except that it is made so by laboratories inside us producing the emotions on which we live. And to live on our emotions is to live arbitrarily, inaccurately—imparting meaning to what has none of its own. Yet what other way is there to live? Without the ever-clanking machinery of emotion, everything would come to a standstill. There would be nothing to do, nowhere to go, nothing to be, and no one to know. The alternatives are clear: to live falsely as pawns of affect, or to live factually as depressives, or as individuals who know what is known to the depressive. How advantageous that we are not coerced into choosing one or the other, neither choice being excellent. One look at human existence is proof enough that our species will not be released from the stranglehold of emotionalism that anchors it to hallucinations. That may be no way to live, but to opt for depression would be to opt out of existence as we consciously know it.”

https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/2696709-the-conspiracy-against-the-human-race

"'Nihilist' is a name other people call you. No intelligent person has ever described or thought of himself as a nihilist." - Thomas Ligotti :smuggo:

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

blowfish posted:

like every argument against nihilism, this makes the mistaken assumption that a world without some ~deeper meaning~ or ~ultimate truth~ to things must lead to sadbrains

He's arguing for nihilism dummy

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

a happy snowman posted:

Everyone in this thread needs to read The Conspiracy Against The Human Race by John Ligotti.

NOW.

“This is the great lesson the depressive learns: Nothing in the world is inherently compelling. Whatever may be really “out there” cannot project itself as an affective experience. It is all a vacuous affair with only a chemical prestige. Nothing is either good or bad, desirable or undesirable, or anything else except that it is made so by laboratories inside us producing the emotions on which we live. And to live on our emotions is to live arbitrarily, inaccurately—imparting meaning to what has none of its own. Yet what other way is there to live? Without the ever-clanking machinery of emotion, everything would come to a standstill. There would be nothing to do, nowhere to go, nothing to be, and no one to know. The alternatives are clear: to live falsely as pawns of affect, or to live factually as depressives, or as individuals who know what is known to the depressive. How advantageous that we are not coerced into choosing one or the other, neither choice being excellent. One look at human existence is proof enough that our species will not be released from the stranglehold of emotionalism that anchors it to hallucinations. That may be no way to live, but to opt for depression would be to opt out of existence as we consciously know it.”

https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/2696709-the-conspiracy-against-the-human-race

no

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Lunixnerd posted:

I don't really think anything matters or has any meaning and everything is bullshit. Should I take the route of 'well, you only get one shot at life so try and make yourself as happy as you can' or should I just suicide?

who loving cares

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

a happy snowman posted:

He's arguing for nihilism dummy

ya but he's basically wrong because the nihilist still gets his panties in a twist about the contradiction; even nietzsche, the final word in nihilism, finally just imploded the brain that was obsessing over all these contradictory messages, and shot into the world as a body of impulses

for impulses, there is no contradiction; everything is immediately realized, as either won or lost; nothing is wrong or right, good or bad, meaningless or meaningful; but one force is more forceful than another, and every situation resolves

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

nomadologique posted:

ya but he's basically wrong because the nihilist still gets his panties in a twist about the contradiction; even nietzsche, the final word in nihilism, finally just imploded the brain that was obsessing over all these contradictory messages, and shot into the world as a body of impulses

for impulses, there is no contradiction; everything is immediately realized, as either won or lost; nothing is wrong or right, good or bad, meaningless or meaningful; but one force is more forceful than another, and every situation resolves

who loving cares?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

i do, you do.. . basically everyone i know does, so

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

nomadologique posted:

i do, you do.. . basically everyone i know does, so

whatever

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
who gives a gently caress

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

RadioactiveKid posted:

who gives a gently caress

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

i'm sorry to say but you guys are straigh tup terrible at nihilism and that means you are 99 points uncooler.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

nihilism ias a self defeating ideology and that is the point

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

nomadologique posted:

nihilism ias a self defeating ideology and that is the point

I don't care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU