Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Server is up, see you online shortly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
In this Session. A man took over triple his max hp in a fight from one attack.

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
RIP :smith:

Surprised that we didn't end up with a tpk

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Yea that was pretty hairy there. Glad the group decided to run before a third demon showed up.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Spiteski posted:

Yea that was pretty hairy there. Glad the group decided to run before a third demon showed up.

A third Demon did show up. It's what killed Theron

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

A third Demon did show up. It's what killed Theron

third Chasme*

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

That was a pretty awesome death. RIP Theren, your pointless sacrifice will be remembered.

Btw, is it okay for me to use the Death Domain from the DMG for my cleric? I was going to go Trickery, but while I like the flavor and idea of it, it looks pretty underwhelming in terms of what it gives you.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Rahul posted:

That was a pretty awesome death. RIP Theren, your pointless sacrifice will be remembered.

Btw, is it okay for me to use the Death Domain from the DMG for my cleric? I was going to go Trickery, but while I like the flavor and idea of it, it looks pretty underwhelming in terms of what it gives you.

Death Domain is fine by me, domain in the DMG or my homebrew folder is acceptable.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Spiteski posted:

third Chasme*

That would have sucked. I bet they would not have been made of paper like the first one as well.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

I'm going to be working late on Thursday. Hopefully I can make it eventually, but could be an hour or so late.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Well that's sad but we'll push on through heh.
I'll npc your character and try to keep you alive until next session

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Since Theren is dead, and the new character hasn't made his introduction yet, wouldn't it be best to just bring him in whenever I get there?

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

That's right!!! You died. Yea man no issues there then. Sorry it's been a big week, and I'm notoriously poo poo at remembering anything that ever happened

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

A slightly shorter session this week resulted in a new member of the party joining, Jasmal, the ex-drow-prisoner.
The group finally encountered the party of drow that had been chasing them from Velkynvelve and had nearly caught up with them in Gracklestugh.
The drow party was dispatched with, though not without some damage taken by the group, and two of the drow escaping with their lives (thanks to a demon summoned by Ilvara).

Among the items recovered from the dead drow though, was a legendary artifact of the Underdark, the Dawnbringer. Though with some curse or dark force acting upon it, the sword is lifeless and unworking, perhaps giving the group something to try to figure out.

Thanks everyone for showing up, and I look forward to next weeks session!

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Hey guys, due both to Flying Doom Cow not being able to make this week, and me having an exam in the morning, I will be postponing this weeks session.
Sorry for the late notice, it had only just crept up on me that today was even the day of the game. Hope you all have had a good easter and I'll see you next week.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
k thanks.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Looks like there's a good chance I might have to work a night shift tomorrow, and if so I'll have to miss this weeks game

edit: Yep, definitely not going to make it tonight, sorry

Rahul fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Apr 7, 2016

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rahul posted:

Looks like there's a good chance I might have to work a night shift tomorrow, and if so I'll have to miss this weeks game

edit: Yep, definitely not going to make it tonight, sorry

Shame.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Ok so, I've been discussing and contemplating the logistics of running this game due to the time difference now taht daylight savings has pulled NZ + US 2 hours apart from the original time, and I have reached the conclusion that it will be unrealistic for me to run this game as it stands.
For the time being I am going to put this campaign on hiatus, and look at perhaps starting it up again when times allow (like half the year :v: ).

Really sorry to all of you guys, I can look at putting something together on the weekend perhaps, if people were interest in that, but for the moment, midweek sessions for this game are outside of the realm of possibility.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

I could probably do saturdays (NZ time) at 7pm or later, or Sundays pretty much any time.

edit: For US people, this corresponds to roughly after 11pm Sunday, to around 1am Tuesday in PST

Rahul fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Apr 12, 2016

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Rahul posted:

I could probably do saturdays (NZ time) at 7pm or later, or Sundays pretty much any time.

edit: For US people, this corresponds to roughly after 11pm Sunday, to around 1am Tuesday in PST

Saturdays is a write-off for me, as I have an in person game that runs on that day. Sunday is possible but unsure if I could make that regular or not.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I can play most days. But Thursday, Wednesday, and Sunday Nights are probably the worst for me. If we start late by my time I won't get enough sleep before I start work. Any other day I don't work so it does not matter how long I stay up.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

I think I got the NZ-PST conversion backward, so it's looking like NZ Sundays/US Saturdays may be possible (if somewhat irregular) at this stage? We still need to hear from Will, Pargon and DoomCow however

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
Saturday could work for me depending on the time we play. I'd like to have the option of doing something on the weekend without missing the game though, so preferably an early/late start time. That is of course if Spite is down to run something on the weekend.

Edit: also daylight savings is dumb.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Unfortunately my weekend is already pretty spoken for, saturdays I have a weekly session/LAN I host and attend, and sunday I spend with family only.

I will be closing this thread now, thank you all for playing, and I will PM each of you to see what's happening when daylight savings has fixed itself and my 7pm becomes viable again.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Who is still wanting to reopen and continue this campaign?

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
Did those timezones move again? I don't live in an area that does that stuff so I never know :(

Regardless I'd be up for it.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

I've given you a PM Will, we have a majority of people keen to go, just need to decide on a timezone that suits everyone without being at risk of daylight savings loving it all up again, haha

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Server up now, start in 30 minutes. Stream starting shortly after that

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Game tomorrow, we will be migrating to Discord instead of Teamspeak from this week onwards. I will be on TS to help folks figure it out, but if you have it set up hit me up for the link

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
So did the last game end up happening? What happened?

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Will Styles posted:

So did the last game end up happening? What happened?

No we didn't run that game because I was smart and went to a place where hosting is not possible. Welp
So you didn't miss anything :)

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
Might be late to the game tonight, just now getting out of the office.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Going to have to postpone today's game for a week, sorry everybody!

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

No game this weekend sorry everybody! Will continue next week!

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

No game tomorrow, family back from overseas.
No game next week either, doing FG Con.
Return to regular game times weekend of the 20/21st.

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
I won't be available for this week's game, I'll be out of town. Hopefully someone heals me so I can wake up :(

See ya'll next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Will Styles posted:

I won't be available for this week's game, I'll be out of town. Hopefully someone heals me so I can wake up :(

See ya'll next week.

No worries man. Thanks for letting me know

• Locked thread