Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

It's early, but I think the new "freedom of movement" rules are pretty terrible for college basketball. It slows the game down even more and I hate it. I hate all the stoppages and seeing star players have to sit on the bench due to foul trouble. The Gonzaga-Washington game the other day had 60 fouls and 75 free throws attempted. 56 fouls in Texas-Texas A&M.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
It may take a little while, but they will eventually learn how to stop fouling and the game will be all the better for it.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

No, it will be the same as last year and once conference play starts we will be back to hack fests with no calls. :(

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Ross Angeles posted:

SDSU vs. WVU today. I am flying out first thing in the morning.

I am ready Andichu

I think you'll likely beat us. I am not confident about the match up, and our back court is still a work in progress.

I am working football tomorrow so I won't be at the game tonight -- I flew home this morning.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I think you'll likely beat us. I am not confident about the match up, and our back court is still a work in progress.

I am working football tomorrow so I won't be at the game tonight -- I flew home this morning.

:( I was looking forward to meeting you maybe!

I think it will be a good game. I wish Second Half Winston Sheppard would show up in the first half.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Goodluck is transferring from UNLV. He couldn't hit fts but I'll miss him :(

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ulis hyperextended his elbow in the S. Florida/UK game. Watching I thought he broke his loving arm it looked nasty.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The Wichita State guy who was immobilized and stretchered off the court has a 'spinal concussion' and will apparently be fine in a few days.

I've never heard of that injury but good, that was pretty scary.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The USD/SDSU outdoor game next week at Petco Park has been moved from Saturday to Sunday because SDSU Football is hosting the MWC Title Game on Saturday in football.

Damnit.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Never got to see the games, but ISU beat Virginia Tech and Illinois over the weekend, so that's good. They struggled early against Illinois, which is worrying, but that's how it goes sometimes. I want ISU to play a definite good team soon, but I'm not sure that happens until conference games start.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Bird in a Blender posted:

Never got to see the games, but ISU beat Virginia Tech and Illinois over the weekend, so that's good. They struggled early against Illinois, which is worrying, but that's how it goes sometimes. I want ISU to play a definite good team soon, but I'm not sure that happens until conference games start.

:colbert:

It would be interesting if Iowa State got to #1 though, that would be neat for the state.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
really surprised at how bad Xavier beat Dayton.

OctoberBlues posted:

It would be interesting if Iowa State got to #1 though, that would be neat for the state.

Maryland will probably lose at UNC, and maaaaybe Michigan State loses to Providence tonight or to Louisville in the Challenge, but I can't see Kentucky losing any time soon. Iowa State will have to make it out of Oklahoma, at least.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Kris Dunn is very good but Michigan State proved to be a much better team than Providence. Great start to the year so far.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

OctoberBlues posted:

Iowa might be good, but I don;t think they've proven it yet.

I'd love it if they got to #1, but it will require everyone ahead of us losing. The first ranked team ISU plays is Cincy on 12/22, and they are just barely ranked right now, then OU in January to begin the Big 12 gauntlet.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

So Bama has beaten Wichita State and Notre Dame in back to back games and I honestly don't know how to process that. ND is always thought of a basketball school down here (because they're not a good football school) and it's a bit surprising that there isn't more coverage of the Tide beating them as well as WS before them. Is it a common occurrence for ranked teams to lose to unranked like this?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Yes, but also Wichita State is incredibly banged up and not very good at the moment so even if it's nominally a win over a ranked team (which I'll take, since Iowa blew them out), them losing is not especially notable.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Maybe it's time to take down the "Best team in Kansas" signs they put up everywhere.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I'd probably hold off until they aren't playing minus three starters or whatever it is.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
ACC/B10 Challenge starts tonight, though I can't imagine too many people are worked up for Wake-Rutgers or Clemson-Minnesota.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

elentar posted:

ACC/B10 Challenge starts tonight, though I can't imagine too many people are worked up for Wake-Rutgers or Clemson-Minnesota.

Ah good, 2-3 OSU has #10 UVA. This is going to go well.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The big10 is going to get obliterated this year in the challenge

It won't be pretty

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I don't know anything about Florida State aside from that they're usually really loving boring but it could have been way worse so sure, that's fine. A battle of schools who are only vaguely aware that basketball has started

e: actually i guess they no longer play slow as gently caress, at least according to KenPom

MourningView fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Dec 1, 2015

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

gently caress Florida State because I remember them beating one of those Brunner/Horner teams way back when.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

South Carolina is getting votes in the AP poll and we're now 7-0 with a win over Western Carolina tonight. This is our best start in 11 years, and the best start a Frank Martin team has ever had. Combine that with a 6-0 start for the women's team and this is the best collective beginning to a season we've had since '88-89.

Also, just saw that CofC beat up on LSU. Go Cougs.

stimpy
Jul 27, 2004

Cap'n Scrap'n of the Hit Brigade
LSU, despite having Ben Simmons and what should be a decent cast around him at least, is still pretty bad

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Hey, it's December, somebody make a new thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Bird in a Blender posted:

Hey, it's December, somebody make a new thread!

This is a very complicated case, Maude. You know, a lotta ins, lotta outs, lotta what-have-you's. And, uh, lotta strands to keep in my head, man. Lotta strands in old Duder's head. Luckily I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug regimen to keep my mind, you know, limber.

• Locked thread