Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!

There's lots of games on Steam. Like, tons! And it's inevitable that some will get lost to time. I make a habit of actively seeking out weird games that no one actually likes, though, and I found something I kinda want to share! Pongo is a first-person-platformer, very heavily inspired by Lovely Planet, a much more popular and polished alternative.You might be wondering why you'd want to bother with this game at all, given its competition, and there are at least a couple reasons! Pongo is much less combat-focused than its inspiration, and it adds some interesting new mechanics you'd expect while piloting, well, a Pogo-Stick. It's also super weird-looking!

This LP will hopefully be short and sweet, putting focus on the speed-running aspects of the game design and minimizing commentary. I've also removed the sound effects because they are boring and awful.

World One

World Two

World Three

World Four

World Five

Thanks for watching!

Extra:

Lovely Planet Demo

GamesAreSupernice fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Nov 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

World Two

In which the stuff I like starts to happen!

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Lovely Planet Demo

Let's look at Pongo's relative.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

World Three

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

World Four

Knife windmills.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

World Five

That's everything, thank you for watching!

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I do want to say thank you let's playing this obscure game. It's great to see unique games like this, even if it's a bit rough, I still like what they did. Just a pogo stick, and a feeling of freedom...

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Gym badge day is a VERY dangerous day!
Wow, thanks for this.
That was an interesting little trip. The best part, by far, is the soundtrack, which really is pretty :krad:.
The "combat" seems kind of tedious, though. I wonder why they didn't just go for a "mario kill" damage style, where you just jump on things heads, instead of somehow turning your pogo stick into a gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

EagerSleeper posted:

I do want to say thank you let's playing this obscure game. It's great to see unique games like this, even if it's a bit rough, I still like what they did. Just a pogo stick, and a feeling of freedom...

Dooky Dingo posted:

Wow, thanks for this.
That was an interesting little trip. The best part, by far, is the soundtrack, which really is pretty :krad:.
The "combat" seems kind of tedious, though. I wonder why they didn't just go for a "mario kill" damage style, where you just jump on things heads, instead of somehow turning your pogo stick into a gun.

Thanks guys. It's not super-polished, but it's definitely not the shovelware people made it out to be.

• Locked thread