Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

symbolic posted:

what the gently caress are you even trying to say

I think it was pretty clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tomatoes and shit
Sep 17, 2015

i dont really care bro. being gay is your choice and i respect that

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Whatever it takes to keep you from breeding, imo.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

fakiebeanplant posted:

i dont really care bro. being gay is your choice and i respect that

Being gay is not a choice.

It's genetic. Basically it's your genes way of assigning you to maid duty so that you can take care of your siblings (who share most of your genome) in order to assure that their genes get passed on.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

olin posted:

Christians believe that our souls are made in a similar way to our bodies. We have to workout our souls in order to make them strong and healthy. If you sit around all day eating junk food and never exercise your body get's fat and unhealthy. You have to do hard work of denying yourself treats and working hard to make your body look and feel great. Our souls also require the workout of denying our own lusts and impulses. If we deny ourselves and live a chaste life then our souls will be healthy. Straight people also have to deny themselves of lust. A straight married man can't go around even just looking at other women with lust or he will hurt his soul with sin. He can't even use his own wife as a mere sex object if he wants his soul to stay healthy.

Gay sex is about disordered lust that hurts our souls much the same way junk food hurts our bodies.

Christians believe a lot of stupid poo poo

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Junk food and being lazy is only bad if it's literally all you do (goons amirite). Healthy people eat junk food sometimes, healthy people relax sometimes.
I think what the christians are getting at, is man rear end is like a delicious desert. A treat to be enjoyed occasionally

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

The Fattest PI posted:

Junk food and being lazy is only bad if it's literally all you do (goons amirite). Healthy people eat junk food sometimes, healthy people relax sometimes.
I think what the christians are getting at, is man rear end is like a delicious desert. A treat to be enjoyed occasionally

Yeah that's where the analogy falls apart. I guess it'd be better to compare gay sex to an awesome drug that feels amazing and then kills you.

I'm a gay Catholic so I've spent a lot of time reading about this issue.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Catholicism is even weirder on homosexuality

"It's fine and dandy that you can't stop thinking about that thick, veiny monster, and all the great and fun things you could do with it. Thinking about cuddling with that hairy trucker? Me too! We all want maximum cuddles with Javier Bardem!"

Just don't do it! It's a sin!"

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

fyodor posted:

not too long ago i started sucking dicks and i feel exactly the same as i did before only happier because i sucked dicks

it's not thanks
for playing

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

ElGroucho posted:

Just don't do it! It's a sin!"

If god really did create people with a massive hunger for cock but would send them to hell for satiating it, that fucker needs to be put down pronto. Someone call for the saint of killers and a bipire (bi irish vampire).

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

Nathilus posted:

If god really did create people with a massive hunger for cock but would send them to hell for satiating it, that fucker needs to be put down pronto. Someone call for the saint of killers and a bipire (bi irish vampire).

What about creating people who wanna gently caress kids. Obviously they can't satiate it without sin.

Just because you were born with the longing to do something doesn't mean it's ok to do it.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

olin posted:

What about creating people who wanna gently caress kids. Obviously they can't satiate it without sin.

Just because you were born with the longing to do something doesn't mean it's ok to do it.

Why would a committed gay couple be worse than a committed straight couple? You're conflating being gay with being promiscuous or cheating. You're comparing them to pedophiles too now, but I don't even want to touch that.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

olin posted:

Oh drat, a direct gay/pedophile comparison foiled again.

But wait. That comparison is ridiculous and a homophobic micro aggression. You are a bigot. (its a misquote not really going tumblr on yo rear end).

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

Nathilus posted:

Oh drat, a direct gay/pedophile comparison foiled again.

But wait. That comparison is ridiculous and a homophobic micro aggression. You are a bigot. (its a misquote not really going tumblr on yo rear end).

Homosexual acts and pederastic acts both come from disordered sexual desire according to Christian theology. It's not interesting to call people names for pointing out that fact.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

olin posted:

Homosexual acts and pederastic acts both come from disordered sexual desire according to Christian theology. It's not interesting to call people names for pointing out that fact.

I specifically pointed out tht it wasnt a seriouspost, but then you read it as a seriouspost and seriousposted a reply.

Like, ok. You have a legitimate point. I could do things like point out the comparative changing of sexual mores when it comes to pederasty between biblical and modern times. Might make for an interesting discussion.

One that im not involved in. Because im in gbs. No hard feelins i just aint doin it.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

olin posted:

kids can't consent ergo your desire to gently caress them has no bearing

and that's an obvious distinction

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

olin posted:

Christians believe that our souls are made in a similar way to our bodies. We have to workout our souls in order to make them strong and healthy. If you sit around all day eating junk food and never exercise your body get's fat and unhealthy. You have to do hard work of denying yourself treats and working hard to make your body look and feel great. Our souls also require the workout of denying our own lusts and impulses. If we deny ourselves and live a chaste life then our souls will be healthy. Straight people also have to deny themselves of lust. A straight married man can't go around even just looking at other women with lust or he will hurt his soul with sin. He can't even use his own wife as a mere sex object if he wants his soul to stay healthy.

Gay sex is about disordered lust that hurts our souls much the same way junk food hurts our bodies.

You should suck a dick. Jizz is good for the soul.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

lol

gbs 2.0 right there

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax

City of Tampa posted:

it's not "bad", it's just funny

lol

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

http://youtu.be/jjnrLt3VuSM

this guy sums the reasonings up pretty nicely op

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Being gay is still considered bad?

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

mdm posted:

Being gay is still considered bad?

yes thats the name of the theread title

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

deep impact on vhs posted:

everyone should try being gay at least once

do gays need to try being straight at least once?

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'm giving them a bad name OP

sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
God says you're an abomination OP

not ironic. real talk.

• Locked thread