Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
i like tarantinos earlier movies but lately they just feel like blatant pandering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT
I liked Vol 2 a lot more when it first came out. now I like Vol 1 more even though it is undeniably a thousand times cornier, and yes, "cringie". but still, its cool who gives a gently caress about fedoras

Quentin Tarantino is such an obnoxious person that I find it harder to like his movies as much as I would if I didn't know anything about him.

but he's who got me kind of obsessed with cinema, so i will always have a soft spot for him and I've seen all his movies except Grindhouse, Basterds and Django a trillion times each.

Reservoir Dogs is not good. it's not worthy to be mentioned in the same breath as Pulp Fiction, yet it always is.

Pulp Fiction deserves most of the praise it gets imo. I'm so bored of the Bruce Willis buildup story nowadays, otherwise its perfect to me.

Jackie Brown is super good, if you can get over the sheer fetishism of the word "nigga" that is evident in the dialogue. that word is used way more in Jackie Brown than any blaxploitation movie i've ever seen, I think honestly QT just thinks it's badass. It's way slow paced compared to every other movie of his, but it's basically the only one I can still go back to now. It's honestly pretty light on all the over the top gimmick poo poo that defined QT's movies ever since Kill Bill.

Also, I just watched From Dusk Till Dawn on Netflix. god that movie sucks total rear end. probably the most garbage-rear end script he's ever put out.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

I am totally OK with Uma's torpedo boobs.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
I like boobs

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Lord Binky posted:

I like boobs

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Pitdragon posted:

i like tarantinos earlier movies but lately they just feel like blatant pandering

Tru but theres a place for cheeseball ultraviolence. In my heart at least.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
django and inglorious bastards were both way better than kill bill

and pulp fiction is overrated, too

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

and pulp fiction is overrated, too
may god have mercy on your soul

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i mean it wasn't bad but idk why people get so hard for it

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

i mean it wasn't bad but idk why people get so hard for it
i went into it expecting a great movie from what i'd heard of it and got something even better

Haruhater
Oct 15, 2010

I AM UTTERLY INCAPABLE OF BASIC COGNITIVE FUNCTION

please donate to my gofundme
It still is though, Tarantino's best movie by far. Also the second volume, obviously; if you don't understand that both movies are inextricably linked to eachother then you are an imbecile, I don't know what else to tell you.

Although you're an imbecile either way OP. A human being with garbage taste in movies.

Haruhater fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Nov 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Haruhater posted:

It still is though, Tarantino's best movie by far. Also the second volume, obviously; if you don't understand that both movies are inextricably linked to eachother then you are an imbecile, I don't know what else to tell you.

Although you're an imbecile either way OP. A human being with garbage taste in movies.

Kind of think you can just watch the second one without watching volume one. Part 1 doesn't establish anything you can't figure out in part 2. None of the people she killed in the first one are important (Lucy Liu is like a third-stringer from Bill's Crew, she barely had anything to do with the whole thing except follow orders, and the movie spends a bunch of time on HER underlings), and the second one explains what happened to her to trigger all this more than the first.

• Locked thread