Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
killed in a gang war with the fry guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I would just like to say I watched the poo poo out of these videos:

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib

OctoberBlues posted:

Holy poo poo. I had the snow one and one of the others.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Actually, all of them would be so hateful of one another now you couldn't get them in the same room thanks to the Whoppergate controversy.

Snaps would be involved with something like "Feminist Feedrequency" about the representation of female icons in the food mascot industry.
IQ would be ranting at her on Youtube about how every mascot is treated like garbage in the food mascot industry and tell her that she needs to stop selling and eating that sandwich and get back into the kitchen and make him one.
Kid Vid would be supporting her on his gaming channel and about 90% of his videos are about how much he hates IQ and the late Wheels.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Most of the boys back at the club favored Snaps, but me... I was a Boomer man through and through.

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

JediTalentAgent posted:

Actually, all of them would be so hateful of one another now you couldn't get them in the same room thanks to the Whoppergate controversy.

Snaps would be involved with something like "Feminist Feedrequency" about the representation of female icons in the food mascot industry.
IQ would be ranting at her on Youtube about how every mascot is treated like garbage in the food mascot industry and tell her that she needs to stop selling and eating that sandwich and get back into the kitchen and make him one.
Kid Vid would be supporting her on his gaming channel and about 90% of his videos are about how much he hates IQ and the late Wheels.

If you think about it though, aren't they all Wheels now?

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Ronnie posted:

We haven't seen them since the 90s is it because you can't market junk food to kids anymore?

They were so diverse: They had the cool techno kid I think was named V.D. The black kid, the girl, the cripple and dog.

Ok maybe best they don't come back.

well op their marketing campaign was wound down

they were no longer useful so the IP was kept in the burger king archives

they were never alive as they were art and vhs tapes and some food bags

you've been living a lie op

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord
what ethnicity is lingo lol

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Not_Rainbow_Horse posted:

I sometimes have sex with shopping carts. I hope this helps.

how does one gently caress a shopping cart

explain how this is even possible

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Gone the way of Saturday morning cartoons.

JediTalentAgent posted:

So glad I was able to live in a world before the internet/social media/streaming. Today's kids probably won't even get to become nostalgic since everything they could want to revisit will always be at the touch of a button.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

I'm the burger.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

King!

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I remember at the time thinking "am I supposed to think Kid Vid looks cool or something???" Because I DID NOT think he was cool at all. Quite the contrary in-fact.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Kuato posted:

I remember at the time thinking "am I supposed to think Kid Vid looks cool or something???" Because I DID NOT think he was cool at all. Quite the contrary in-fact.

Are you talking poo poo about my boy Vid Kid?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

kid vid seems like he got a lot of play in 4chan

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
i remember at a burger king near me they had a bunch of snes consoles in the play place but none of them ever worked

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
also this was in the late 90s/early 2000s so why they had snes i have no idea

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

deep impact on vhs posted:

also this was in the late 90s/early 2000s so why they had snes i have no idea

Because they were loving poor

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

OctoberBlues posted:

I had these ninja turtles vhs tapes and now I know where they came from.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kuato posted:

lookit this nerd right here

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Bust Rodd posted:

WHAT THE gently caress BOOK IS IN IQ'S BAG?

ENC? What could that possibly be

ENCINO MAN: BOOK OF THE MOVIE

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

actually i just realised the film chappy is literally the film encino man but with a robot not a caveman and in suff effrikkka not california but you wouldnt notice because people in both places speak like reatards

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Having been years since I've seen both, I'm going to keep on assuming that Kidd Video > Kid Vid

Also, Back in the mid-90s, ABC/Disney had a Made-for-TV Encino Man reimagining:

Encino Woman: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116197/

edit: Wow, is Kidd Video a young Pierre Kirby?!

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

Agent Escalus posted:

So glad I was able to live in a world before the internet/social media/streaming. Today's kids probably won't even get to become nostalgic since everything they could want to revisit will always be at the touch of a button.

What would be the last nostalgic thing for future generations, though, that slipped through gap? Is Pepper Ann the last great untapped nostagia IP to exploit?

Pepper Ann looks like she could have been one of the BKKC member's babysitter or something. She really wants to just go to a local pizza place but that kind DEMANDS they go to BK... AGAIN!

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I'm in a wheelchair and my friends nickname me "wheels"

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

That Robot posted:

what ethnicity is lingo lol

Pretty sure he's Spanish-Asian, because gently caress each of those races having their own character, White parents will tolerate the token Black kid but couldn't handle their kids hanging out with too many minorities

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

A misanthrope posted:

killed in a gang war with the fry guys

Hammurderer up in here

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Slightly related but does anyone else here hate fat people with a passion?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Gabriel Pope posted:

Jaws: never stopped growing, died at 33 walking into an overhanging power line.
Boomer: took a blade to the face after pioneering short-lived "ice roller derby" league
Lingo: shipped out to Afghanistan, went off the reservation and served as a foot soldier for local opium warlord
Snaps: tries to literally become April O'Neil, involuntarily committed after stealing several pet store terrapins and crawling into a sewer tunnel
I/Q: jumped off a bridge after unsuccessfully attempting to transition
Wheels: revealed to have been faking it after publishing a schmaltzy disability memoir, writes even schmaltzier memoir of being a fraud
Kid Vid: still wears that fukken goggles/backwards hat combo, even at his friends' funerals
J.D.: pooped in Kid Vid's hat

They were all in love with dying.
They were drinking from a fountain
that is pouring like an avalanche
coming down the mountain.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
the backfat on that dog

PoPcornTG
Mar 26, 2007

Dogs day afternoon
Bleak Gremlin

tumblr.txt posted:

wait

Hungry Jacks is called Burger King in the USA?

Burger King was already trademarked in Australia when they tried to bring the franchise over here. The guy in charge of it was Named Jack so he named it after himself.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Suckin dick for some mf hamburgers nowadays.

jesus, randy, pull yourself together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
Snapz no honey you got the camera the wrong way around. You should be pointing the camera towards you from an upward angle giving a sultry pout ;-* Why take pictures of natural beauty and the world you live in when you can just focus on yourself 24/7?

• Locked thread