Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Hey everyone. I am gonna come at you all with some cleaning tips to make your house sparkle.

Tip #1:
Buy a cleaning supply.

Yeah yeah I'm sure we've all seen the videos of people cleaning with food, pencils, and maybe a marker or two. Believe it or not though, thats a really inefficient way of cleaning. Recent medical studies have shown that it's actually THE OPPOSITE of what you want to do. Who knew right? Well the eggheads down at Eugene General Applied Sciences have created a list of cleaning supplies you just can't live with out.

1) A mop
2) A soap
3) Rag
4) Toothbrush

Now I don't personally know the science behind this, but I'll trust them.

Tip #2:
A Blanket has many uses.

Did you know, that thing you cover your body with at night actually has another secret use? Need to make your house look nice before the landlord comes to collect the rent? Pile everything into one corner of the room, and then put the blanket over it! If he asks tell him it's a tasteful ottoman, or maybe some kind of furniture. Alternativley, you could also hang the blanket up over your door with a tasteful back drop drawn on, if done correctly he should be none the wiser.

Tip #3:
A trashbag is a sign of progress.

Of course, sometimes there is to much mess to cover with just a simple blanket. That's where conveniently placed half-full trashbags come into play. When strategically placed you can convince everyone that you don't just wallow in your filth like a pig, but that your actively attempting to clean. All of this is achieved using a little trick called "lying". That's a psychology term i learned during research for this article.

Tip #4:
A friend can help.
If you have a friend, invite them over and they will help offset the depressing state of your house. Having a friend will also help convince people you are just busy and don't have time to clean. You can reinforce this image by wearing hiking boots with all your clothes, especially sweat pants.

Tip #5:
Make Stacks.
Just like in videogames stacking your items into like piles can help reduce some of the clutter. This can also help you redesign your house as you move and change the piles, creating walls of newspaper, that (throw back to tip 2) you can drape tasteful blankets over. Why not create an outdoor themed labyrinth of Time magazines?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
what is the meaning of this?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
don't give up OP just keep making threads i'm sure one will take :shobon:

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Hot Cleaning Tips:

1. Be Hot
2. Be Attractive
3. Be In A Sexy Outfit

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
A non-ironic cleaning tip: do not allow more than one area of your home to be a disaster at any one time. Keep your kitchen, bathroom, living room and back porch swept and free of trash and clutter. But allow your bedroom to be messy (not, like, a rat's nest of dirty dishes and laundry).

Some people can't sleep in a messy bedroom, so maybe that has to be the clean space and your living room is where the clean laundry, shoes and books pile up.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
mmmm...hot tips

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Avocados posted:

don't give up OP just keep making threads i'm sure one will take :shobon:

I wish I had a blanket to put over your posting.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

dad gay. so what posted:

what is the meaning of this?

Just some hot tips for my Gbros.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

these tips are hot! when can we get more

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Clockwerk posted:

these tips are hot! when can we get more

I am a listicle machine good friend. Expect more hot tips before the day is done. Feel free to give your own tips or your experience with my hot tips.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Legit tip: if you turtle wax your stovetop, burned on or dried messes wipe right off.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

find a girl that enjoys housecleaning in the nude and you got hot cleaning imo

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
lived with OP before

can confirm he never cleaned successfully.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Kashuno posted:

lived with OP before

can confirm he never cleaned successfully.

You shut your loving whore mouth you oval office I am an expert cleaner. Just look at those tips! I call slander.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Some more hot tips for you GBroS.

Tip #6:
Febreeze smells good.

If you spray everything with febreeze before a girl comes over, you can trick there simple brains into thinking there on a beach, surrounded by clean laundry, or even near a mountain stream! The only limit is the imagination of the scent masters at febreeze!

Tip #7:
Shower for two.

Next time you get in the shower, bring your dirty dishes in with you. Maybe even wear a change of clothes! The skys the limit when your not only cleaning, but CleaningSmart(tm)!

Tip #8:
Buy a cat! Profit!

Save money on mouse traps, buy a cat and leave them to there business. There natural hunting instincts will kick in and you'll have a rat free household in no time! As an added benefit, you can also blame any weird smells on the litterbox!

Tip #9:
Make some Wine.

That cat you bought pee in your bed, and now your washer is to small for your blanket? Fill a tub with water and laundry soap. Stay up all night stomping it like grapes and thinking about murdering your roommate! If your a real smart cookie, you can even start the shower while you do this to! NOW THATS CLEANINGSMART(tm)!

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I lived with the op as well he would just cook eggs all day. Walk in the kitchen and its a hothouse of steam and smoke. Poached, fried, boiled. Didnt even eat em just kept cooking more and more.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

clean everything with vinegar even your own rear end and balls

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Big Beef City posted:

clean everything with vinegar even your own rear end and balls

Further simplify your bathroom cleaning by using one stiff brush.
Toilet bowl, mirror, nutsack doesn't matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Isaac posted:

I lived with the op as well he would just cook eggs all day. Walk in the kitchen and its a hothouse of steam and smoke. Poached, fried, boiled. Didnt even eat em just kept cooking more and more.

I was going through a really rough time in my life. I didn't have my dedication to bringing you guys the best Hot Cleaning Tips to keep me going. Now, I am CleaningSmart (tm)

• Locked thread