Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

my cat is norris posted:

I can see why running and playing in our own contest could be taken as unprofessional, even if none of the actual organizers are on any teams. It might look better if we divorce it from the Fursuit name. Instead of the Trivial Fursuit Triviathon, call it something else, so that our teammates can still play without feeling weird about it.

This might be an even worse idea. People could see it as us trying to hide the fact that we're playing in our own contest, funneling info to our buddies, etc., even if the reality is that everything was 100% clean and proper. I don't know how much our shadowy leadership council cares about appearances, but it's something to consider :shobon:

One way goon teams could be included but avoid shady appearances would be to segregate all the goon teams into a separate rank ladder (:biotruths: amirite). Teams in this goon containment chamber could get a list next to the "official" one, and maybe could even be read on-air sometimes, but they wouldn't be part of the "real" contest and wouldn't be eligible to "win" or whatever. Only problem I can think of right off the bat is that it might be confusing to some pubbie teams if they don't understand the concept, e.g. if we read off the top teams for the hour, then immediately go into the top goon teams for the hour, I can see the complaints rolling in from clueless people all :byodood: YOU JUST SAID WE WERE IN 5TH, WTF HOW IS "NEFARIOUS DOGNUTS" BEATING US WITH FEWER POINTS?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazoosandthings
Dec 6, 2004

In order to join the pirate crew,
you must prove yourself on the kazoo.
wow reading back through the questions and submissions is like a mini-trivia-rush all over again but in tv mode where you aren't actually furiously googling and biting your nails but imaging you are!!! i love the song list too it was fun to read back through that!!! oz could really learn a thing or two from you all who put this on -- at the very least, what a spreadsheet is and how to summarize a trivia contest which effectively reminisces the event for one who was there!! =D this was super exciting and i am glad we will be doing it again although slightly disappointed that it is not until 2017, but understandable given the amount of work there is!!! well there is that whole "90fm" thing in April i guess to tide one over ;-) if there are more goons doing dad's contest next year i would love to join you all!

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Lutha Mahtin posted:

This might be an even worse idea. People could see it as us trying to hide the fact that we're playing in our own contest, funneling info to our buddies, etc., even if the reality is that everything was 100% clean and proper. I don't know how much our shadowy leadership council cares about appearances, but it's something to consider :shobon:

One way goon teams could be included but avoid shady appearances would be to segregate all the goon teams into a separate rank ladder (:biotruths: amirite). Teams in this goon containment chamber could get a list next to the "official" one, and maybe could even be read on-air sometimes, but they wouldn't be part of the "real" contest and wouldn't be eligible to "win" or whatever. Only problem I can think of right off the bat is that it might be confusing to some pubbie teams if they don't understand the concept, e.g. if we read off the top teams for the hour, then immediately go into the top goon teams for the hour, I can see the complaints rolling in from clueless people all :byodood: YOU JUST SAID WE WERE IN 5TH, WTF HOW IS "NEFARIOUS DOGNUTS" BEATING US WITH FEWER POINTS?!

I highly doubt anyone cares even close to this much about our little for fun mini trivia contest. Let's just do it as it was done now, or maybe the way dad's do it where anyone can sign up, and if people think we're cheating at our own contest, gently caress 'em.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I'm not TOO worried about it becoming a big thing, but if there's any whiff of drama or upset in 2017, we may wanna come back to these ideas.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Also, whoever said they were gonna be on Wait Wait Don't Tell Me... "I've been waiting something awful to play." Nice. :coal:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

If you haven't heard it, the clip is here:

http://www.npr.org/2015/12/05/458587620/whos-bill-this-time

Our goonfriend did so well. :3:

• Locked thread