Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will leave Survivor's Series as WWE Champion?
This poll is closed.
Roman Reigns 46 20.54%
Dean Ambrose 15 6.70%
Kevin Owens 19 8.48%
Sheamus 50 22.32%
The Gobbledygooker :tastykake: 94 41.96%
Total: 224 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Instead of watching whatever boring promo they start with you should really watch that Miz/Swagger Madden match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

therealjon_ posted:

I'm still kind of mad he speared poor old Triple H for no reason whatsoever.

he definitely would have gotten pedigreed for Sheamus to take advantage of

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
The future will be bright with Sheamus as the light.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Lime Count for tonight: O/U 20.5

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
We're all in agreement this is just a placeholder till Roman wins at Mania right?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

OldTennisCourt posted:

We're all in agreement this is just a placeholder till Roman wins at Mania right?

That's the general idea, but if ratings get truly dire, then that might change.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Gonz posted:

That's the general idea, but if ratings get truly dire, then that might change.

I have to wonder what their dire "OH gently caress!" back up plan is. Cena/Taker is set for Mania so they can't slap it on him. Maybe finally listen to the fans and give it to Dean?

V-----The problem is that WWE honestly thinks they can use this angle to build up Roman as a Rock/Stone Cold against the odds badass we all cheer for.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

It's unfathomable to me that WWE is trying all the hail marys, but has still yet to consider 'what if the WWE Champion was a badass babyface who beat up a bunch of jerks for a while'? This is 'WCW never putting the WCW Title back on Goldberg' levels of absurdity.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
just re-forge the belt into an arm sling and give it to someone good

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Bring back sting

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Great White Hope posted:

It's unfathomable to me that WWE is trying all the hail marys, but has still yet to consider 'what if the WWE Champion was a badass babyface who beat up a bunch of jerks for a while'? This is 'WCW never putting the WCW Title back on Goldberg' levels of absurdity.

I guarantee you that if they put the belt on Roman right now, we'd get Diesel levels of uninterest.

Bobby Lashley levels of disinterest.

Like... King Mabel level title run. It would be a wet fart and we all know it.

He'd probably feud with Kane for a payperview or three.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

rotinaj posted:

I guarantee you that if they put the belt on Roman right now, we'd get Diesel levels of uninterest.

At least if they put the title on Roman it would feel like they're trying. Instead they have the third Authority Champion Through MitB in the last ~27 months.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

rotinaj posted:

as opposed to the midcarder who's been in comedy feuds all year

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

as opposed to the midcarder who's been in comedy feuds all year

That's like half of the MITB winners, tho. They just suck it up in the midcard until bam, championship.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Two Tone Shoes posted:

That's like half of the MITB winners, tho. They just suck it up in the midcard until bam, championship.

rollins was in a high profile feud with ambrose, then moved on to feuding with cena, lesnar, and orton. randy orton is randy orton. john cena cashed in like two weeks later. they were ostensibly pushing ADR the whole time. sheamus is even worse than the normal terrible briefcase run

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

rollins was in a high profile feud with ambrose, then moved on to feuding with cena, lesnar, and orton. randy orton is randy orton. john cena cashed in like two weeks later. they were ostensibly pushing ADR the whole time. sheamus is even worse than the normal terrible briefcase run

I agree Sheamus was booked pretty shittily and it lines up that this was a last minute decision but he's not the first nor will he be the last to just muck around trading wins in the midcard after winning MITB. Rollins is an obviously special case as MITB is an easy tool to push a new top heel, kinda like Edge's original cash in.

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

19 year old me thought that Mr. Kennedy was going to be the next big thing when he won MITB

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

OldTennisCourt posted:

They really really really want to recreate the Daniel Bryan accidental build into Mania 30.

Just watch as Roman starts to join the Wyatts in a month.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

OldTennisCourt posted:

Sheamus ain't holding it that long

Rumble at the latest

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

So at five minutes fifteen seconds Roman is the 5th shortest championship reign in wwe history with Daniel Bryan having a slightly shorter reign at 4 minutes, 7 seconds

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Rogue Copter Pilot posted:

19 year old me thought that Mr. Kennedy was going to be the next big thing when he won MITB

Wasn't that the plan, what with him turning out to be Vince's illegitimate kid, before he got Wellnessed?

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Gonz posted:

Lime Count for tonight: O/U 20.5

I think that amount of limes may, in fact, be too many.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Edit

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
i just want ratings to drop and for me and my friends to be the only people actually attending wrestlemania

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...

therealjon_ posted:

I'm still kind of mad he speared poor old Triple H for no reason whatsoever.

A face who is a bully with mixed reaction from the crowd? We may have our next cena.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Rogue Copter Pilot posted:

I think a lot of folks did. I'll admit to falling for WWE's smoke and mirrors in that instance, and with the Sean O'Haire vignettes, as well. Although that's partly because I liked watching him do cool moves in WCW, this was before I learned that guys who know a lot of moves aren't necessarily the best wrestlers. I consider Jerry Lawler to be a good in-ring guy, because he knows how to call a match, he sticks to what he does well, he sells extremely well, he bumps well, and he gives opponents room to get their poo poo in.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Nov 24, 2015

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I wasn't saying that Sheamus is a better option than Reigns. I don't think they really have any good options with how horribly they've built everyone. I just know that Roman would get a fanrage backlash that would amuse me greatly.

HHH World Champion in 2015. Let's see how fukkin' deep this rabbit hole goes. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bag
Oct 17, 2004

If anyone's watching Table for 3, Daniel Bryan is roasting the gently caress out of Ryback.

• Locked thread