Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Is this game going to be like Myst, caust I like Myst a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Is this game going to be like Myst, caust I like Myst a lot

I think you would really enjoy the exploration, discovery and research aspects of Star Citizen. Chris made an excellent statement about that that I really agree with: Star Citizen is the biggest game ever made and there's going to be something for everyone. So yeah, I imagine you can have some Myst style experiences in Star Citizen's Sci-fi universe.

Barrington
Oct 5, 2010

Mo' shekels

kikkelivelho posted:

Star Citizen is the biggest game ever made and there's going to be something for everyone. So yeah, I imagine you can have some Myst style experiences in Star Citizen's Sci-fi universe.

:laffo:

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
I refuse to believe kikkelivelho is for real.

So I won't.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

kikkelivelho posted:

Star Citizen is a self-contained product with it's own launcher, so it probably won't appear on Steam. Also, while it is you right to wait for a discount I do hope you will end up buying at full price and thus rewarding a developer who actually cares about their game.

glad to see youve made your own account now chris

i know i like to capitalize vaporware products too like Bonzi Buddy

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

kikkelivelho posted:

I think you would really enjoy the exploration, discovery and research aspects of Star Citizen. Chris made an excellent statement about that that I really agree with: Star Citizen is the biggest game ever made and there's going to be something for everyone. So yeah, I imagine you can have some Myst style experiences in Star Citizen's Sci-fi universe.

They charge hundreds of dollars for ships

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

DiggityDoink posted:

This is his SA account

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2886637&pagenumber=493&perpage=40#post445528655

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
It sounds like the game is going to be a convoluted mishmash of poorly integrated features and inscrutable interfaces. The best we can hope for is a 3D Starbound.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

kikkelivelho posted:

Nothing happened to Chris Roberts' Star Citizen (and Squadron 42)

It just turns out that creating the worlds most complex and detailed MMO takes some time. The trolls just hate Chris just like they hate everyone who's successful. GTA 5 took 6 years to make yet I haven't heard anyone complain about Rockstar being a bad developer. Sure, there's been some bumps in the road but that happens with all big and forward looking projects. The bottom line is this: at the end of the day you can trust Chris to create a revolutionary space MMO. It might not happen today, it might not happen tomorrow, but it's gonna happen. Great things will come.

*40 players per instance*

*can't even handle 4 players at more than 20 fps*

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
They should make an MMO where your only interaction is with other players. There are no quests, bosses, NPCs or mobs.
Your enemies are other players, all the shops are owned by other players and your only goal is to gently caress up the players in the enemy faction.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

*40 players per instance*

*can't even handle 4 players at more than 20 fps*
*has instances*

Applewhite posted:

They should make an MMO where your only interaction is with other players. There are no quests, bosses, NPCs or mobs.
Your enemies are other players, all the shops are owned by other players and your only goal is to gently caress up the players in the enemy faction.

but enough about eve online

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Applewhite posted:

we already have this game -- its called "life" and i am losing very badly

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Applewhite posted:

It sounds like the game is going to be a convoluted mishmash of poorly integrated features and inscrutable interfaces. The best we can hope for is a 3D Starbound.

Sounds like X3

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

A misanthrope posted:

we already have this game -- its called "life" and i am losing very badly
But that has a lot of bosses and mobs :confused:

The closest thing that comes to mind was A Tale In The Desert but it really didn't have combat either, just a bunch of crafting and politics

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

revmoo posted:

They charge hundreds of dollars for ships

They aren't charging anything. The ships are rewards for pledging and supporting Chris' game. The cheapest package is also 30 bucks which is kinda cheap considering people are willing to pay double that for the so called "AAA" games.

I seriously doubt that's actually Chris since the post is kinda sarcastic and seems to imply that Star Citizen is just a scam (which it clearly isn't). Also, why would he post here when he doesn't even have time to post on their own forums?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

sorry can't hear you over all the fun i'm having playing AAA title Fallout 4 game of the milennium
wheeee

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
the US gives military aid and supports Star Citizen state

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

kikkelivelho posted:

They aren't charging anything. The ships are rewards for pledging and supporting Chris' game.
Heh, yes, people just want to 'support' it ten times more than any other kickstarter I've ever seen, no addictive behavior in there, people are just being super generous out of the kindness of their hearts

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

CrashCat posted:

Heh, yes, people just want to 'support' it ten times more than any other kickstarter I've ever seen, no addictive behavior in there, people are just being super generous out of the kindness of their hearts

They've not been burned enough times tbh

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dad gay. so what posted:

whoever is the new mod i beg you, or any mod, or literally anyone reading this post, please gas this poo poo now

Yeah unless you want a 9999999 page thread at the top of gbs forever that is nerds talking about the most boring poo poo ever.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

how me a frog posted:

Never mind that, is "not-terraria in space" the name of which I forget fun yet? Is it still happening?

Starbound, and no. It's less fun now than it was earlier in its early access development.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Honestly it's the single funniest failed scam I've seen in ages

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Booblord Zagats posted:

Honestly it's the single funniest failed scam I've seen in ages
failed?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

soy posted:

Yeah unless you want a 9999999 page thread at the top of gbs forever that is nerds talking about the most boring poo poo ever.

Yeah but I do want that.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
lego is going to make a star citizen set instead of a legend of zelda set

so i guess we know which side toy companies are speculating on

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Applewhite posted:

Yeah but I do want that.
He's got a point though, it's just going to be an infinite loop of the same few points about this garbage that we've been saying since it began

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
But enough about (every thread in gbs and SA at large)

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Alan Smithee posted:

But enough about (every thread in gbs and SA at large)
At least GBS mixes up the cucking, Star Citizen is the same old cuckold weeping month after month and wondering why the pounding just won't stop

Bamford Brownstone
Jul 21, 2010
Will Christmas be cancelled again this year? :ohdear:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Bamford Brownstone posted:

My kids don't need Christmas presents

Drothmar
Feb 18, 2015

kikkelivelho posted:

Nothing happened to Chris Roberts' Star Citizen (and Squadron 42)

It just turns out that creating the worlds most complex and detailed MMO takes some time. The trolls just hate Chris just like they hate everyone who's successful. GTA 5 took 6 years to make yet I haven't heard anyone complain about Rockstar being a bad developer. Sure, there's been some bumps in the road but that happens with all big and forward looking projects. The bottom line is this: at the end of the day you can trust Chris to create a revolutionary space MMO. It might not happen today, it might not happen tomorrow, but it's gonna happen. Great things will come.

I don't remember GTA selling you pictures while it was in development though :smith:

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

DiggityDoink posted:

do you just throw out words in opposition to their meaning because you're stupid or willfully obtuse?

how is bonzi buddy vaporware?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Bamford Brownstone posted:

No, doobie doesn't need any more money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you