Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm looking for a good holiday gift guide. I saw one that suggested this thing called the iPad is popular during the holidays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

Mu Zeta posted:

I'm looking for a good holiday gift guide. I saw one that suggested this thing called the iPad is popular during the holidays.

I need to find my 1988 Sears and Roebuck Wishbook, cause it was great toilet reading as a kid. One of the big things in it was this thing called a NES I think it was?

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
Here ya go...

:nws: https://masturgasm.wordpress.com/2014/12/02/holiday-gift-guide-2014-yiff-toys/comment-page-1/ :nws:

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
everyone get steam controllers for members of your family who dont know what steam is and mumble and rant about how cool it is until they give it to you

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

extra stout posted:

everyone get steam controllers for members of your family who dont know what steam is and mumble and rant about how cool it is until they give it to you
my roommate got one and apparently it works really well and is compatible with most games

but it's still a loving controller lol

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

symbolic posted:

my roommate got one and apparently it works really well and is compatible with most games

but it's still a loving controller lol

i normally dont miss controllers but the number of games that are simple enough (lots of indie games) where it would be fun is increasing, and the number of good games that are mostly console ports is also increasing, so it seems like a cool idea.

i wonder how well it's recognized if at all by non steam games, now i wanna play Ultima VII on a fake console that is my computer

NotSockAccount
Nov 18, 2015

by Lowtax

Mu Zeta posted:

Buy everyone a Christmas sweater. They will unfriend you off of facebook and avoid you IRL.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Video games are good for the holidays. Otherwise you could always suck they dick

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
print out a fake certificate for save the rain forest or some poo poo then spend the money on yourself

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Give them money, it's thoughtless but at least you know they will use it. hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

extra stout posted:

i normally dont miss controllers but the number of games that are simple enough (lots of indie games) where it would be fun is increasing, and the number of good games that are mostly console ports is also increasing, so it seems like a cool idea.

i wonder how well it's recognized if at all by non steam games, now i wanna play Ultima VII on a fake console that is my computer
i can see it being useful for driving or platforming games, but i don't play driving games and i prefer using keyboard platformers. not for me i guess. :shrug:

also, it's probably the same software, so your computer would detect a controller input regardless

• Locked thread