Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I like to drink big beers and small beers (though not the kind form that terrible video)

Lately I've been drinking Dos Equis and Sapporo for big beers and Unibroue and Propeller for small beers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
oh yeah Modelo Especial is good too

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

thathonkey posted:

oh yeah Modelo Especial is good too

Dos Equis > Modelo BUT Corona > Sol

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

there has been one beer in my entire life I didn't finish because it tasted gross it was some beer called Epic from new zealand and it was gross as gently caress so let's turn to beer advocate to see what they have to say

A: Clear amber body with a large 3 cm almost-white head that aint going nowhere... I’m impressed with this head but I want to drink this beer eventually bro... nice spider web lace in the glass... good proteins... *taps fingers on desk* 7/10.

i'm pretty sure this guy busted a nut in his glass and rubbed it around and called it aspider web this is something i would drink so i'm afraid I'm going to have to stop here here's my review of this part of this review

a) good insinuation of cumming in glass, impressed at not resulting to word "cummies" but instead building a rich imagery with metaphors and webbing

b) good to be protein rich i guess

c) 9/10

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

BA rates Kronenbourg 1664 Blanc with a 79% even though it's garbage

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000
my favorite local brews include Revolver Blood & Honey, Adelbert's Tripel B, Jolly Pumpkin Punkinschlager, Elf Pelt Porked Smorter, Joort Cloud, Hot Black Cum

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Professor Shark posted:

BA rates Kronenbourg 1664 Blanc with a 79% even though it's garbage

79% for something that isn't like Michelob Ultra or malt liquor is a pretty bad score for BA. you can find reviews that are extremely negative, but because the "appearance" gets a good rating, the overall score of the beer is far higher than it should be- not too long ago i found a beer where the reviewer poured it down the drain, but it still got a 3.2 out of 5.

the people who run the site are assholes, too.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

funkybottoms posted:

79% for something that isn't like Michelob Ultra or malt liquor is a pretty bad score for BA. you can find reviews that are extremely negative, but because the "appearance" gets a good rating, the overall score of the beer is far higher than it should be- not too long ago i found a beer where the reviewer poured it down the drain, but it still got a 3.2 out of 5.

Haha what is the point if a failing grade gets a 64%?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

funkybottoms posted:

That's hilarious.

Can you elaborate on the site owners being assholes?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Yeah I love stories of website fuckery and general assholery

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

A Stupid Baby posted:

Just go full wino and get a cheap pinot noir if you're not ready to graduate to the purestrain bottom shelf cooking vodka

i drink dark eyes regularly so i'm good on bottom shelf vodka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Xenomrph posted:

That's hilarious.

Can you elaborate on the site owners being assholes?

http://beerstreetjournal.com/beer-advocate-spent-weekend-banning-members/

they actually looked for people saying bad things about them on other sites, figured out which account they had on beeradvocate, and deleted it- along with all their reviews, messages, etc. if you posted anything about what was happening in their forums- even if it was someone with whom you were setting up a trade- it would be deleted and you might be banned. many people left and went over to talkbeer, which is basically GBS for beer nerds.

http://beerstreetjournal.com/tweet-from-beer-advocate-founder-gets-bad-feedback/

laugh at people getting towed during a hurricane (not saying i'm above this, but i wouldn't post that on twitter if a were a public figure)

http://aleheads.com/2011/07/07/clown-shoes-controversy/

the wife of one of "the Bros" used the site to attack a brewery she had beef with

http://www.talkbeer.com/community/threads/the-art-of-getting-banned-on-that-lovely-site.14401/
http://www.talkbeer.com/community/threads/the-most-needlessly-deleted-ba-threads.410/

you can find tons of stuff like that. a lot of industry people don't care for them, but they still have enough sway that hardly anyone wants to be on their bad side

• Locked thread