Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Game owns op buy it no regrets use the force

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Cop gay. So What posted:

Lol $60 game. 4 maps. Online only.

Good for you, op

4 planets nerd. There's more than four maps

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Its really not good please don't be fooled.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Its like a dumbed down battlefield

Edit: without classes even; its really disappointing.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
empire at war was a good game

also jedi outcast, as has been said

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Isaac posted:

Remember that starwars game that was age of empires 2 reskinned as star wars

That poo poo was so infuriating to young me. Got all excited for a SW RTS and it was just literally a shittier AoE2. Empire at War was awesome all modded up (autoresolve ground battles because lol).

Does Battlefront 3 really only have 4 maps?

e: lol at their share price. might be good time to buy though bc you know their sales numbers will still be fine.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Nov 23, 2015

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Moridin920 posted:

Does Battlefront 3 really only have 4 maps?

Depends on how you look at it. It has four planets, each of which has multiple maps. Some share assets, some don't.

Total maps (including asset share): 12
Totally unique maps (extremely minor or zero overlap): like 7 or 8
Maps for modes that are good: 4

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

there's another planet coming out on dec 1 too, you don't need the season pass for it either

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Chomp8645 posted:

Depends on how you look at it. It has four planets, each of which has multiple maps. Some share assets, some don't.

Total maps (including asset share): 12
Totally unique maps (extremely minor or zero overlap): like 7 or 8
Maps for modes that are good: 4

Eh well that's not too bad then I guess.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
If they start supporting it like TF2 I'll buy it eventually. Of course they won't because it's EA so I'll buy it never.

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

Isaac posted:

Remember that starwars game that was age of empires 2 reskinned as star wars

Yea. Lol.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
why do people keep calling it battlefront when it should clearly be called "Spawn, Then Die Immediately, and No You Can't Be Darth Vader"

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
jedi academy was the last good pvp star wars game

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

cram me sideways posted:

why do people keep calling it battlefront when it should clearly be called "Spawn, Then Die Immediately, and No You Can't Be Darth Vader"

you're not good

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

ethanol posted:

there's another planet coming out on dec 1 too, you don't need the season pass for it either

Oh, so 5 maps for $60 with no single player. That fixes everything!

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
nobody would touch this loving pile if it wasn't a goddamn star wars thing and all of you know it

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Justin Godscock posted:

There is no campaign. But there is single player battles vs bots or splitscreen versus with one human per team + bots. There is also single player or coop (splitscreen or online) survival missions.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Justin Godscock posted:

But it's not 5 maps is it, it's 5 settings with multiple maps in each setting. This is like being mad that Halo had more than one snow/winter map. I mean I don't like EA very much and I'm not going to get this game but c'mon guy with the hyperbole.

The no galactic conquest mode and no space battles is way more egregious imo (because you just know they are coming as DLC).

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Is there at least a "fake" campaign, like in Battlefront 2 (never played Battlefront 1, don't know if it had this) where you just fought bots on multiplayer maps and got objectives like "blow up this thing for story reasons."

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i hope no one got premium because no one is going to be playing battlefront 3 in a months time

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Is there at least a "fake" campaign, like in Battlefront 2 (never played Battlefront 1, don't know if it had this) where you just fought bots on multiplayer maps and got objectives like "blow up this thing for story reasons."

No. The only vs bot modes are a Survival "one or two players against waves of enemies" or a TDM-like mode with one player per team with a bunch of bots backing them up (can be versus or solo).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Spoiler alert, it is really fun

• Locked thread