Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I met this dude walking to the store. He was cool and we chilled out a little afterwards. But then he said "im black but im super white inside" and instead of saying "hehe u an oreo" or "dude that is somewhat problematic" i just gave him an embarrassed, poleaxed expression. Cuz im white. Tru story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

afeelgoodpoop posted:

wow and all those white europeans that watch american tv cause its better than their own dont feel culturally alienated at all because the skins the same! i'm a not racist getting paid to make you think your society is racist, lol.

Univision is racist as gently caress though just sayin

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Phobic Nest posted:

Most Catholics are white and they'll guilt you up well enough.

i thought that only worked on other/former catholics

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Hrmmm yes have you heard that new Justin Bieber album

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUqDHW0jmkw

Aug 4, 2010

Im so loving white i am practically translucent

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

how topical

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IHRVdRV4Ys

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

cabbagedude posted:

thats a really long pier at the start of the video

bro

that's exactly what I was thinking

where the gently caress is that pier? dammm son

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

COOLGUY TRUE posted:

It's not a corruption of some ideal form of english, filler words like this contain more meaning than we, like, give them credit for.

^in this context in spoken english the 'like' would represent a willingness to be flexible on this position or acknowledge other perspectives. its' a softening of the imposition of my world view onto you. it reflects a type of social intelligence

"The possible explanation for this association is that conscientious people are generally more thoughtful and aware of themselves and their surroundings. When having conversations with listeners, conscientious people use discourse markers, such as ‘I mean’ and ‘you know,’ to imply their desire to share or rephrase opinions to recipients. Thus it is expected that the use of discourse markers may be used to measure the degree to which people have thoughts to express."

http://jls.sagepub.com/content/33/3/328.full.pdf+html?ijkey=vxA4naoR00UVQ&keytype=ref&siteid=spjls

lol

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
SO how come no one ever complains when the proud black people take white rock songs and sample them into their raps? That's straight up stealing from white culture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2gmi3QLr54

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Volume posted:

SO how come no one ever complains when the proud black people take white rock songs and sample them into their raps? That's straight up stealing from white culture.

Whites don't have a culture

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Phobic Nest posted:

Most Catholics are white

ehhhhh

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Don Tacorleone posted:

Whites don't have a culture

:siren:RACIST SPOTTED:siren:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Volume posted:

they have to pay to sample those songs. and anyway white people had already stolen rock. taking back what you created isn't stealing.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
well what about that time kanye stole music from a japanese dude, is that cultural appropriation

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
The lady in the OP video is a walking talking stereotype. I could only get through minute or so but I love the smug look she gives the Mexican guy after asking him a question. She's literally looking down on him and seemingly bored while nodding her head all the time.

FlimFlam Imam fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Nov 24, 2015

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

COOLGUY TRUE posted:

It's not a corruption of some ideal form of english, filler words like this contain more meaning than we, like, give them credit for.

^in this context in spoken english the 'like' would represent a willingness to be flexible on this position or acknowledge other perspectives. its' a softening of the imposition of my world view onto you. it reflects a type of social intelligence

"The possible explanation for this association is that conscientious people are generally more thoughtful and aware of themselves and their surroundings. When having conversations with listeners, conscientious people use discourse markers, such as ‘I mean’ and ‘you know,’ to imply their desire to share or rephrase opinions to recipients. Thus it is expected that the use of discourse markers may be used to measure the degree to which people have thoughts to express."

http://jls.sagepub.com/content/33/3/328.full.pdf+html?ijkey=vxA4naoR00UVQ&keytype=ref&siteid=spjls

This is the most horrifying thing I have ever read. Glass the world.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Volume posted:

:siren:RACIST SPOTTED:siren:

Man, what a knee slapper.

Mad Monk posted:

The lady in the OP video is a walking talking stereotype. I could only get through minute or so but I love the smug look she gives the Mexican guy after asking him a question. She's literally looking down on him and seemingly bored while nodding her head all the time.

You seem like a cool guy who isn't racist.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Don Tacorleone posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGdtBU7K90U

I'm not sure what I would do to act whiter. Then again there are many kinds of white - Eastern Euro, those redheaded mexicans, the english

Wow, they really turned the tables.

Makes you think.

*mock outrage*

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

Cartouche posted:

Wow, they really turned the tables.

Makes you think.

*mock outrage*

in the future everyone will shed their accents and be urban cool guys it will be a better place

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

lol that goons are upset at this tepid and milquetoast treatment of generic widely acknowledged racist things

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

Frog Act posted:

lol that goons are upset at this tepid and milquetoast treatment of generic widely acknowledged racist things

banality is offensive to me

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Frog Act posted:

i still haven't watched the video just this thread is hella burnt

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Moridin920 posted:

i still haven't watched the video

same

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Nathilus posted:

I met this dude walking to the store. He was cool and we chilled out a little afterwards. But then he said "im black but im super white inside" and instead of saying "hehe u an oreo" or "dude that is somewhat problematic" i just gave him an embarrassed, poleaxed expression. Cuz im white. Tru story.

You should have called him an Uncle Tom.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I would say the production is pro quality and the message is OK. I am not compelled to seek more of same.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Hello I am here to oppress you all hahahahaha! Now carve my name into the moon you loving lazy morons!

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

Jukeboxblues posted:

Hello I am here to oppress you all hahahahaha! Now carve my name into the moon you loving lazy morons!

CHA

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
wanna have sex with that vaguely non white looking lady

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Drink Cheerwine posted:

"like, i never saw somebody that i could aspire to, growing up as a latin kid, in guatemala. i never saw anybody that looked like me on television. and if they did look like me, they were like, either in the field, or like getting shot by antonio banderas, you know?"

probably because every telenovela and ad had white as gently caress actors and actresses

babypolis fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Nov 25, 2015

my turn in the barrel
Dec 31, 2007

This is horseshit because these are casting calls where they are trying to get a certain type of actor for a role.

If it were literally any other job they'd be asking the minorities to "Act Whiter"

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Jukeboxblues posted:

CHA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

I love you both equally.

• Locked thread