Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
I'll dream rape your little sister

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Iron Crowned posted:

It was good at the time, but now with the good superhero movies they've put out, it's pretty bad in comparison.

"Good" superhero movies like, what, The Avengers 2? The first Captain America? :laugh:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Doc Block posted:

"Good" superhero movies like, what, The Avengers 2? The first Captain America? :laugh:

Well, Winter Soldier was really good you booty licker.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

Doc Block posted:

But now we live in bizarro world where people remember Point Break fondly and dislike the first X-Men movie, so whatever.

point break was better than any and all of the x-men movies combined rear end in a top hat

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Yeah plus I don't think Kathryn Bigelow ever raped any underage male prostitute

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Germstore posted:

Well, Winter Soldier was really good you booty licker.

Yes, which is why I said the first Captain America movie.

the great deceiver posted:

point break was better than any and all of the x-men movies combined rear end in a top hat

Point Break sucked sooo hard. It was dumb, dumb, dumb.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Doc Block posted:

i haven't watched it since i was like 19 and high as gently caress with all my surfing buddies but if you can't appreciate johnny utah and bodi just gently caress you

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
It's just... ugh. So many dumb things. The terrible dialog. The hammy overacting. The infamous "Keanu shoots his gun into the air instead of shooting Patrick Swayze" scene.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The quality of the episodes from the cartoon that they decided to continue making at last minute are awkwardly bad.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Doc Block posted:

It's just... ugh. So many dumb things. The terrible dialog. The hammy overacting. The infamous "Keanu shoots his gun into the air instead of shooting Patrick Swayze" scene.

i have to disagree but perhaps we might find common ground by agreeing that the remake looks retarded

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

I didn't until I noticed this thread title and now I'm mad

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I bet Bill Clinton watched it in the oval office while sticking a cigar up Monica's pussy.

Manic Mailman
Jul 2, 2004
All I remember from that generation movie is the bad guy goes , "puffa puffa" and "kiss kiss" in some sort of arcade.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Doc Block posted:

Yes, which is why I said the first Captain America movie.

Jesus loving christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Doc Block posted:

The first X-Men movie was really well received, dude. Even the movie critics liked it, at a time when comic book movies were looked down upon and generally seen as being lovely.

But now we live in bizarro world where people remember Point Break fondly and dislike the first X-Men movie, so whatever.

Uh, Point Break is actually a really good movie, dude.

• Locked thread