Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
goose is better, chicken is better. why did roasted goose never pick up in the USA? i think companies use thanksgiving to push the turkey onto us bc they cant sell their livestock anytime else. keep your mind open friends/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
I fully support anything that involves more killing of geese.

Xenophanes
Nov 8, 2015
Turkey is a challenge to superior cooks. It is a blank slate upon which dreams are written. You can make jerked turkey, elaborately brined turkey, spatchcocked and inseminated turkey. You can't expect good food to come from slightly Asian fusion lobster dishes all year long, can you?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
i've had duck before, it was some good stuff. turkeys OK, but definitely not my top choice as far as eating birds go.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
loving goose?? LMAO get outta here....and I'm not even a big turkey fan.

Xenophanes
Nov 8, 2015
That said, I'm roasting two ducks for Thanksgiving this year. Thank you in advance.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

i think geese have lots of parasites so you can't just go to the park, pretend you have bread and hit one with a hammer, even though that seems really easy, and cost effective

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Prof. Lurker posted:

goose is better, chicken is better. why did roasted goose never pick up in the USA? i think companies use thanksgiving to push the turkey onto us bc they cant sell their livestock anytime else. keep your mind open friends/

I'd put turkey on the Sunday roast menu if it weren't for the fact that the only time it's easily available in supermarkets here is from about mid November until early January.

Turkey's a seriously under-rated meat and I hate that for most of the year all the supermarkets stock is turkey shanks and turkey mince.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Tom Gorman posted:

i think geese have lots of parasites so you can't just go to the park, pretend you have bread and hit one with a hammer, even though that seems really easy, and cost effective

It's ok I don't eat them after.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
our family tradition is to eat a loving bear for thanksgiving because we hate bears!

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i like it

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

looks like you are wrong, according to the OP!

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
its ok that we disagree, its why the human race is so great; we can have different opinions and still be friends :)

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
also dgsw never quote me again tia

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i have never had a good thanksgiving turkey. people tell me it's possible, but i will never know. give me a ham, or some other meat that's hard for midwesterners to gently caress up.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i have never had a good thanksgiving turkey. people tell me it's possible, but i will never know. give me a ham, or some other meat that's hard for midwesterners to gently caress up.

If you fry it, it WILL be tasty.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Hey OP, gently caress YOU!

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

dad gay. so what posted:

our family tradition is to eat a loving bear for thanksgiving because we hate bears!

They don't sell bear at the supermarket. Your probably eating steak your parents lied to you. Your actually an idiot. :smh:

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Prof. Lurker posted:

Me and the boys can go out and rustle up some pigeon breast OP. You stuff those patriots with some cream cheese and jalepeno's and I tell you what.

*Dave_Indeed spits into an empty mtn dew bottle*

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
turkey probably tasted better before it was grown to be as big as possible for one day of the year

i'd rather eat like five lil tiny tasty turkeys instead

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Mozi posted:

turkey probably tasted better before it was grown to be as big as possible for one day of the year

i'd rather eat like five lil tiny tasty turkeys instead

Wild turkey is the most stringy, tough, disgusting piece of poo poo ever.

Believe it or not the turkey you buy in the store is as good as it gets.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Full Metal Jackass posted:

Wild turkey is the most stringy, tough, disgusting piece of poo poo ever.

Believe it or not the turkey you buy in the store is as good as it gets.

Yup, and I want to stuff my dick in it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Prof. Lurker posted:

geese for eating are tasty its true but they aren't american holiday food because the most widespread species of them in north america are a vicious trash bird that you can feel free to eat or more likely get attacked by whenever while i have turkey.

momerath
Nov 15, 2014
you can throw a dollop of rubber cement in boiling oil and salt it and it'll taste good.

but turkey's good, don't be a fag. turkey sandwhiches own.

momerath fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Nov 26, 2015

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
we made goose one year for christmas. it was greasy, there wasnt enough meat and we didnt tie the wings down so it came out looking like a giant roast praying mantis

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Haverchuck posted:

we made goose one year for christmas. it was greasy, there wasnt enough meat and we didnt tie the wings down so it came out looking like a giant roast praying mantis

You're supposed to boil them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Haverchuck posted:

giant roast praying mantis

rad

• Locked thread