Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Does Walmart or your other average retailer even do holiday pay? I'm so glad I got out of that type of poo poo. I only work in manafacturing but I was off today and got paid for 8 hours at least, so I will not complain. Plus if I want some more hours I can go in on my weekend and work basically anytime I want. Today I woke up at 12pm, ate with my family, and went back to bed and slept until 6. Probably the best Thanksgiving I've had in a while.

I dont know about wal-mart. my job did holiday pay but had weird rules and because i worked 3rd shift, i basically got cheated out of a lot of it. Christmas got me about four hours of holiday pay despite working about 9 hours, and they kept the schedules really tight so as to not pay overtime more than what was absolutely necessary. I'm pretty sure my boss was illegally altering the time sheets too.

I don't work there any more because I barely made above minimum and did not have full time hours and I was being chastised for taking a 15 minute break on an 8 hour shift. "I know what the law is and I know I can't legally stop you, but you're by yourself out there and there's nobody to do the work while you're sitting on your rear end, and there's a lot to do, and I don't like to see you doing nothing when i review the security cameras."

My current job is the cushiest gig you can get in the area, with some of the best pay for the work type, if you're just a highschool diploma or have an incomplete degree, and they will reimburse my tuition for a degree they consider useful to the company, so there's a good chance i can go back to school.

I had to pay my dues and find a job in a hurry when I took the job to be a 3rd shift retail bitch, there's no way I'll go back to that kind of work if i can help it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

On black friday last year somebody came in about 5am and bought gas, and asked if i approved of black friday and forcing workers to suffer through it and I gave them a tame response in the negative and he screamed HELL YEAH BROTHER, produced his wal-mart badge, and gave me the raised fist in retail-bitch solidarity.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

hemophilia posted:

On black friday last year somebody came in about 5am and bought gas, and asked if i approved of black friday and forcing workers to suffer through it and I gave them a tame response in the negative and he screamed HELL YEAH BROTHER, produced his wal-mart badge, and gave me the raised fist in retail-bitch solidarity.

Did you then ask Hulk Hogan for his autograph?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Did you then ask Hulk Hogan for his autograph?

I asked him if he wanted his reciept

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Chinatown posted:

i hope everyone dies

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
I don't go shopping that's what mamas and tias r 4

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
I went out with my family after dinner and bought a few shirts at Old Navy and then some gloves at Kohls. Did I ruin America? Did ISIL win?

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Does Walmart or your other average retailer even do holiday pay? I'm so glad I got out of that type of poo poo. I only work in manafacturing but I was off today and got paid for 8 hours at least, so I will not complain. Plus if I want some more hours I can go in on my weekend and work basically anytime I want. Today I woke up at 12pm, ate with my family, and went back to bed and slept until 6. Probably the best Thanksgiving I've had in a while.
Our store had a team of us come in at 1am Fri so we wouldn't get our time and a half :(

tomatoes and shit
Sep 17, 2015

Windows 98 posted:

There is no reason I should have to be in a retail store working at 3am. None. You can't justify it other than you're poor and or greedy. You fucks.

Your piss poor attitude suggests you will have a long and storied career in retail. Maybe they'll give you a golden name tag when you hit retirement age/30 years of proud service to RetardGas and Snax

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

if workers banded together in some kind of unified group maybe management wouldn't be able to make unilateral decisions that cost you your job if you disagree

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

*supports rampant consumerism by buying sale-priced items*

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

TheWhiteNightmare posted:

if workers banded together in some kind of unified group maybe management wouldn't be able to make unilateral decisions that cost you your job if you disagree

It's too bad the average walmart worker is actually dumb enough to believe the anti-union propaganda they are actively given, so even if you managed to organize anything approaching a harmful number of workers, someone would rat to regional management because you know the store managers wont report it because they understand whats gonna happen but very suddenly walmart corporate has a whiff of a union and suddenly the store is shut down indefinitely due to emergency renovations, aka the one broken toilet sitting in the middle of an office room built there on purpose appraised to cost more to repair than the value of the store

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005
Black Friday is for loving idiots. The best deals I find are usually the week after Christmas.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Lufiron posted:

Black Friday is for loving idiots. The best deals I find are usually the week after Christmas.

:agreed:

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!

That unified group could be, as they call it in Europe, a union?

Sounds like a cool name, doesn't it?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I just bought an iPad mini for my daughter. She already has a surface, android tab, and an iPhone. It was a good deal! Please tell me the socio-economic, and geo-political, implications of my actions.

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake
I go out on Black Friday just to see the crazies doing crazy poo poo.

It's always sad to see toddlers forced to stay awake at 11pm while their parents buy "deals" which are just artificially inflated prices "slashed" to half, aka the actual price

But it's always fun to see the nutjobs yelling at each other over places in line or the last item left.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I'm buying a brownie from the gas station I hope this doesn't break our covenant or whatever.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Goons don't care about other people they only care about buying their stupid toys so they can hole up in their caves for another 8 weeks

Degenerate parasites

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Darth123123 posted:

I just bought an iPad mini for my daughter. She already has a surface, android tab, and an iPhone. It was a good deal! Please tell me the socio-economic, and geo-political, implications of my actions.

Why don't you just spend some quality personal time with your kid instead of letting gadgets babysit for you?

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Hahaha sounds good in theory but in practice death to everything gently caress you got mine etc. etc..

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Retail Slave posted:

Management is the enemy here as well. But they open the store because they know greedy fuckwads will trample each other to save 50 bucks on a TV.

Managment does it because they want to make a buck in any way possible. Both sides enable each other. But just because a store is open on Thanksgiving doesn't mean customers have to go in.

They are just doing their jobs well.

The problem is the system which drives people to behave like greedy vampire sociopaths

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Co-Co-Co-Combo Breaker!

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Commie NedFlanders posted:

Hahaha sounds good in theory but in practice death to everything gently caress you got mine etc. etc..

this is the wrong kind of revolutionary defeatism!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Why don't you just spend some quality personal time with your kid instead of letting gadgets babysit for you?

I do :shrug: I'm just not a helo parent.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

fakiebeanplant posted:

Your piss poor attitude suggests you will have a long and storied career in retail. Maybe they'll give you a golden name tag when you hit retirement age/30 years of proud service to RetardGas and Snax

Well, he's right. There really ISN'T a reason for that....

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Darth123123 posted:

I do :shrug: I'm just not a helo parent.

Cool just messin around congrats on raising a cool and good kid

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cool just messin around congrats on raising a cool and good kid

Thx I knew ur joshing, I'm not a baby like op. She's sweet but a bit materialistic (all MOMS fault!). I will teach her about the children that built her iPad on Xmas morn.

Tigern
Sep 6, 2012

possibly tiger
Grimey Drawer
dont tell me what do do op

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
I lust for black friday death

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
I have seen no injuries today unfortunately but I did get a lot of clothes cheaper than usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
If only the rich did not decide on unions being evil anti american, then you could have what you wanted.

• Locked thread