Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Lynkericious posted:

A video LP seems like a....unique choice for the game. I imagine you'll be doing a lot of editing, but hopefully it'll be all good still. Cold Steel is a game I'd love to see get a good LP on the site, it's really a lot better than I expected it to be, though Normal Mode will probably make it kind of hard to show off what the bosses can really do. Any reason for that other than you just don't want some of the fights to slog on for too long?

I'll be editing out some random battles and probably some backtracking if it's too egregious.

I'll do my level best to show off the bosses, but I picked Normal because I want to do the LP to show the story, not how many tries it takes to beat a boss.

Really Pants posted:

It's worth having videos just for the voice acting. Cold Steel's voice work is top-notch.

I'll make sure my commentary doesn't drown out the voice acting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Really Pants posted:

Thanks for reading and helping me get this done, and thanks especially to SpaceDrake for his insights on the plot and for helping make Trails in the Sky possible in the first place. If any of you have a PS3 and any sort of designs on a Trails of Cold Steel LP, I'll be looking forward to it.

I really wish I'd found the thread earlier and had been able to do more running commentary as the updates went out - there's so much to still talk about but it'd be awkward to try and discuss basically the whole game at this point.

This was still a good LP, thanks for doing it! And I'm glad folks enjoyed it and the English script. At the end of the day, helping produce something people can enjoy is the whole reason anyone in this biz even does it.

Nereidum
Apr 26, 2008
I figured I'd mention this, just in case you want to show it off.

A couple of weeks ago, XSEED posted a progress update on Trails of Cold Steel 2. In it, they mentioned that a returning character from Trails in the Sky SC has a different voice actor for CS2, and as a preview, they were going to send out an update to the PC version that would replace the original SC voice with the new one from CS2. (Just in case, I'll put the character's name in spoiler tags: it's Bleublanc.)

I think that update may have gone live sometime in the last day or so. I saw that Steam had downloaded an update for it this morning, and after comparing it to an older Youtube video, the voice sounded different to me.

• Locked thread