Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Just kidding, this thread is actually by me. Hey, heres something I was wondering about: why do women get called Ms (miss) or Mrs (misses) depending on whether they are married or not, but they always call males Mister. I think its because society treats women like property but I would be interested to hear Gbs weigh in with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
its so you know at a glance whos down to gently caress hth

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Thats a good theory and probably pretty close to the truth but it dosent account for married women who want gently caress or men and single womene who dont want to gently caress

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
Mrs can be sluts as well (Mrs. Jones)

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
as a single male, i insist upon my proper title- master

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Drink Cheerwine posted:

as a single male, i insist upon my proper title- master

Actually it goes "just say my name and ill hear you scream"

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
Yah unmarried men are supposed to be called "Master". Hence, " Master Wayne". Alfred knows what's up.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I thought he was master Wayne because Alfred was his slave?

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial
are you complaining about sexism now?

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
I dont like sexism but it doesnt bother me enough that I need to complain about it. But there is definitely some thing sexist going on

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I knew a Sean Price. He was a white kid with a blond fro. He was good at soccer or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial
could just be the implication that a female who is addressed as 'mrs' is not using her original surname but has taken that of her husband. which is also kinda sexist and f'd up

• Locked thread