Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i dont usually expect jackass to be the more tasteful of 2 options but here we are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
One time some friends of a neighbor decided to prank him by staging a home invasion. I watched three guys gather outside the house, take off their shirts and wrap them around their faces like masks, then creep inside the house. I was out smoking a cigarette when this happened.

I called the cops thinking somebody was about to get murdered, and they showed up running dark and pulled out AR-15s, racked them, and entered the house tactical style. About 10 minutes later they came back out and told me it was a prank.

I gave them a :what: look and they went :thumbsup: you did the right thing son.

I lived in a redneck town full of idiots.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Dec 1, 2015

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

i don' think would-be-pranksters "get" pranks anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL0lFOHcyX0

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/parents-outraged-pranksters-stage-kidnapping-washington-state-park-article-1.1758502

where does it go from here

"haha you should see the look on your face when i literally, physically stabbed you in the torso several times. but don't worry it was a prank stabbing. let's get your wounds dressed and you to the er, and be a sport about it, it's all in good fun"

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

if u watch the 9/11 videos and listen closely u can hear the terrorists yelling "it's a prank!!" before th eplanes hit

Don't be stupid.

They yelled "You got served!", which was the preferred nomenclature for japes and skylarks of that era.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

the hood pranks gone wrong are p. funny- white weenies either getting KOed or cowering in fear while screaming

its a prank man!!!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

maxhush posted:

the hood pranks gone wrong are p. funny- white weenies either getting KOed or cowering in fear while screaming

its a prank man!!!

i mean i guess you have to respect that level of physical courage, because going up to someone on the street and stealing their phone or shouting a slur or whatever you know what's going to happen, and you know you've got it coming

still not sure it qualifies as a "prank."

i guess the bar for mean spirited/misguided pranks got set pretty high by yaweh back in the bronze age with that whole abraham and isaac thing and we're just now starting to approach it

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

The hood pranks joke was done best 28 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twHIfzvIhL0

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

maxhush posted:

its a prank man!!!

yeah these are all totally real and not fake either!!

BattleSausage
Aug 14, 2003

I'm butter side up, baby.

Taco Defender

I grew up in Sequim and I can tell you with 100% certainty meth was involved in this decision process

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i will masturbate to the first video where one of these people are shot to death on camera

momerath
Nov 15, 2014

Chinatown posted:

i will masturbate to the first video where one of these people are shot to death on camera

i can't wait. it's gonna get so many subs on our channel :cool:

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I thought the 'hood' prank videos were just fetish stuff? some white dude getting his arse kicked

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

"Actually it was for awareness" is plan B when "it's a prank" fails.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

hemale in pain posted:

I thought the 'hood' prank videos were just fetish stuff? some white dude getting his arse kicked

cucking evolves.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
The best prank is when you go down town and ask a bunch of guys to suck your dick, and then you go into a back alley and they suck your dick. It's great because they're totally gay now.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Flesh Forge posted:

yeah these are all totally real and not fake either!!

they still make me laugh :shobon:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

While I don't really have a strong reaction to this because it's uh, pretty obviously fake, apparently some ~Anonymous~ dudes are all butthurt about it lol

MyronGognitti
Jun 15, 2008

by zen death robot

Jamesman posted:

treating black people as subhumans

What's the problem?

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

FIRST TIME posted:

The hood pranks joke was done best 28 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twHIfzvIhL0

agreed

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The Bible posted:

Good thing the victims don't seem to notice the camera set up.

This is a really dumb complaint about fake vids in a world of extremely small and good quality digital cameras.

I mean it's fake as poo poo obviously but that's not necesarily one of the reasons why. How would they get his screaming struggling rear end up to a rooftop?

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Some of these videos are real, and they are directly inspired by the success of faked videos pretending to be real. Which is either funny as hell or hosed up depending on your level of care. Either way it is weird that the light-hearted hidden cam prank shows of the nineties were somehow misinterpreted in the youtube era such that people think the goal of a prank is to fool people into believing some horrible poo poo is going down so you can capture their terror or grief, or to fake that so your audience can watch someone's faked terror or grief.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Moon Atari posted:

Some of these videos are real, and they are directly inspired by the success of faked videos pretending to be real. Which is either funny as hell or hosed up depending on your level of care. Either way it is weird that the light-hearted hidden cam prank shows of the nineties were somehow misinterpreted in the youtube era such that people think the goal of a prank is to fool people into believing some horrible poo poo is going down so you can capture their terror or grief, or to fake that so your audience can watch someone's faked terror or grief.

It's incredibly obvious that the ones from the 90s are fake as hell because you'd never get insurance for shows like that.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Actually that's the first thing to ask yourself when you see any reality TV. "Would insurance cover this? No?" It's fake.

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
People falling for obviously staged poo poo makes me blue as the Pacific.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Whatev posted:

People falling for obviously staged poo poo makes me blue as the Pacific.

including or excluding giant garbage patch

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Pick posted:

Actually that's the first thing to ask yourself when you see any reality TV. "Would insurance cover this? No?" It's fake.

what about the videos where the regular gal off the street gets in the van for the promise of a ride home after her college classes, and an off camera guy cajoles her with the promise of money to take off her top and touch some guy's boner?

can i call my local state farm rep and get some coverage bound for that?

asking for a friend

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Otisburg posted:

what about the videos where the regular gal off the street gets in the van for the promise of a ride home after her college classes, and an off camera guy cajoles her with the promise of money to take off her top and touch some guy's boner?

they'll cover that... if you touch the state farm rep's boner

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Otisburg posted:

asking for a friend

Girl - "LIKE A GOOD NEIGHBOR, STATE FARM IS THERE!"
*rep appears out of thin air*
Girl - "Get me out of this boner van!"
Rep - "Waitwaitwait, let's not be hasty here. How much to get you to stay?"

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Aesop Poprock posted:

This is a really dumb complaint about fake vids in a world of extremely small and good quality digital cameras.

I mean it's fake as poo poo obviously but that's not necesarily one of the reasons why. How would they get his screaming struggling rear end up to a rooftop?

Well there's the fact that it's obviously being held by a dude who simply walks up about 5 feet at the "big reveal", and not a fixed/hidden camera :shrug:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Pick posted:

Also "would people get sued/go to jail for this? Yes?" then it's fake

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
I got pranked once. Never again.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
OP, The prankster makes money on Youtube ads, with enough traffic he will continue to make more pranks that you hate. The thing is, you're either a complete moron for posting the link in the popular Something Awful forums, or you're the prankster's friend using reverse psychology clickbait tactics. The point is, you've done a bad thing, and you should consider that for awhile.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

RedMage129 posted:

OP, The prankster makes money on Youtube ads, with enough traffic he will continue to make more pranks that you hate. The thing is, you're either a complete moron for posting the link in the popular Something Awful forums, or you're the prankster's friend using reverse psychology clickbait tactics. The point is, you've done a bad thing, and you should consider that for awhile.

I hope the op gets kidnapped

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I'm so lonely...

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Otisburg posted:

asking for a friend

Can't talk about prank videos without bringing up Vitaly in BangBus, can we?

RedMage129 posted:

I embedded the video since most people have that option turned on and would be able to see the preview and decide if they wanted to click on it. Also most people have adblock plugins. So if you decide to give him views and/or ad revenue, that's all on you.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i have that extension that shows you the name of the video and screenshots from it so I can decide if I want to watch your lovely thing before I give it a hit

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Moridin920 posted:

i have that extension that shows you the name of the video and screenshots from it so I can decide if I want to watch your lovely thing before I give it a hit

See this guy gets it.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

RedMage129 posted:

the popular Something Awful forums

Ahahahah! Good one!!

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

I'm fairly sure that data has to be obtained by just loading the target page anyway so you're essentially giving EVERYTHING a hit when you look at that preview.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

have any of these pranksters been killed

• Locked thread