Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LungBrothers
Oct 5, 2015

by Shine
Whatever happened to the allegations Trump raped his wife? His lawyers said something awesomely absurd like "they were married so it's legally not rape" and fwooom it just vanished from public consciousness like one of Trump's Sikorsky helicopters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I don't think Ivana tweeted about it so I guess most of the internet didn't care?

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Oh, nevermind she said he didn't, so probably he just paid her

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
Found it, looks like CNN was lying about the Muslim registry

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2015/11/21/cancel-the-debate-cnn-caught-selectively-editing-trumps-muslim-comments/

oh well

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
I think we should register the Muslims

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Same

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

breitbart is about as partisan (and stupid) a source as you could get

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

Broken Machine posted:

breitbart is about as partisan (and stupid) a source as you could get

They show how CNN cut the video to take what Trump said out of context lmbo

How are they lying about that

iammeandsoareyou
Oct 27, 2007
Nothing to see here
Honestly I think he got into this with the idea that he would just rile up the far right base with his huckster act, sell some books, and then get out and endorse Bush when his novelty started to wear off...except it hasn't. Now he is just rolling on being outrageous and he still hasn't got any real plan for any issue that he hasn't gotten from some pamphlets he made his assistant scan. If he somehow does get the GOP nomination, I am guessing that he would take one of the more mainstream GOP candidates as a running mate (I would bet Rubio) and basically adopt their platform but with his "brand" on it. If he somehow actually won the presidency, the VP would probably end up effectively being the president and the cabinet would most likely be the most likely be made of "guys he knows will get things done". The good news is that they probably wouldn't be particularly ideological or partisan, but they would be using the Executive branch as a giant slush fund for their friends' and their own business interest. Meanwhile "the Donald" would spend his time flying around in Air Force One on publicity tours and generally sticking to PR stuff. He probably really would stick it to Wall Street because he doesn't actually work in that sector and he doesn't feel like he gets any respect from those guys and it would be a pretty non-controversial way to get money to try and keep what ever wild rear end promise he makes to "get things done". I am sure he doesn't really believe any thing that comes out of his mouth, and he does have experience hiring people to actually run things while he goes around selling "the brand" so for those reasons I would be cautiously hopeful that a Trump presidency really wouldn't be as bad as it sounds. But I have to admit I am morbidly curious as to what a Trump presidency would be like. I really do picture the world of "Idiocracy" come to life.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Baba Ganoush posted:

They show how CNN cut the video to take what he said out of context lmbo

How are they lying about that

i guess breitbart would be experts in editing video to remove context

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vXurSgwgWU

That's all I've got to say about that

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
lol i just read breitbart and i feel bad
question: hey trump should we have databases to track muslims
trump: there should be a lot of systems, beyond databases. also we should have a wall.
question: would you do that
trump: yes, i am a fascist
breitbart: LIBERAL MEDIA

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

When Trump and Sanders both lose they will finally be free to square off in the greatest WWE Rage in the Cage match of all time

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
It was a dumb leading question, but that his reaction to the liberal media firestorm was "I didn't suggest a database, the reporter did, also we need more surveillance of Muslims" and not "that's taken out of context, I don't think there should be a database of every Muslim in America" suggests that he agrees with the idea or at least doesn't see what's wrong with it.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
breitbart.com is now a legitimate gbs source in this year of our lord twenty fifteen

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
don't have a cow, man

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
every tezzor post i read opens a new stigmata on my body

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Taint Reaper posted:

I want trump to win because then the leftwing will be all about free speech again instead of trying to ban it because of hurt feels.

*a bunch of really argumentative soft spoken men with beards calling you an rear end in a top hat over and over and screeching YOU'RE TRIGGERING ME anytime you try to push them out of your face*
"that's a nice blazer you got there pal, maybe you should vote for Hillary Clinton, would be a shame if it got - messed up"
*spills quarterly barrel batch pumpkin micro brew on you*

it's like the gayest most annoying nerd trying to bully you into voting for the same thing the GOP is pitching but painted blue and covered in rainbow stickers and your favorite movies but remade with all women

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Sethex posted:

The thing I don't get about US political discourse is how Trump has in a way demonstrated that half of the electorate are basically full on white racists. Yet everyone is really polite about it despite how obscene it is.

In a way. Haha.

edit: they are the assholes who want their country back.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

wiffle ball bat posted:

every tezzor post i read opens a new stigmata on my body

that's your herpes

banme
Apr 23, 2008

Baba Ganoush posted:

I think we should register the Muslims

Xenophanes
Nov 8, 2015
My liberty tree didn't bloom the last couple of years. It hungers for the blood of patriots. Robespierre '17.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

i like watching trump pwn people he would be a good poster

• Locked thread