Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

huskarl_marx posted:

i guess people eat these garbage rear end whitefish??

i remember there was an episode of dirty jobs that shows that tilapias are farmed in such a way that they are in a tank and instead of being fed fish food, water from tanks with other fish that has their poop in it goes to the tilapia tank and they eat the poop of the other fish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

blowfish posted:

tilapia is the perfect fish for people who don't like eating fish: it has no flavour of its own whatsoever

It usually tastes like mud

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
I put it on gumbo as a filler fish to add volume and texture.

Pretty bland on its own.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i learned at an early age that its a fish for poor people. tried it once and had to spit it out into a napkin because i could taste bleach.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Mariana Horchata posted:

i learned at an early age that its a fish for poor people. tried it once and had to spit it out into a napkin because i could taste bleach.

Don't fish (heh...) it out of a dumpster behind Acme next time.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
it is extremely cheap to raise and thus cheap for you to buy but it is also extremely bland

get what you pay for with that fish

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

momerath posted:

starting to realize a good chunk of gbs threads is goons being pompous about food.

we have the next name of GBS

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Costco sells frozen tilapia fillets FYI. They aren't bad for a lazy dinner option.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
If you are buying tilapia when you could be buying catfish for the same general price, you are a sucker.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Most freshwater fish taste like mud and are gross

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
is talapia just another name for perch? like mahi mahi = dorado?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
tilapia is the American equivalent to pangasius, the only blander fish known to man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asclepius Hot Rod
Apr 5, 2009
If you're not eating the Deadliest Game (Human) then you're a pussy that deserves to be diced and frozen in my ice chest.

Land shark best meat.

• Locked thread