Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

*bursts into thread*

Yeah, but Christianity!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Lets look at it from the dude's point of view. His 14 year old family member wasn't emulating muhammad's wives so she was clearly being a unchaste whore. :shrug:

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I think we should respect their culture of slapping women. All cultures are equal.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

so did he get arrested or what

de_dust posted:

I think we should respect their culture of slapping women. All cultures are equal.

Tbh i disagree

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

de_dust posted:

if we start telling cultures what they can and cant do where will it end? colonialism is over

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK
A radical Muslim in Columbia? I don't believe it.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
i wish that muslims just pulled girls' hair

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

katlington posted:

Tbh i disagree

I respect that you disagree. as all cultures are equal, every opinion is valid.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
good thing he didnt duct tape his dogs mouth shut otherwise gbs would be calling for his death

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
Nuke Islam for the lulz

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

de_dust posted:

I respect that you disagree. as all cultures are equal, every opinion is valid.

have to disagree there also. hope thats not too unpc for the thread

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Nuke Islam for the lulz

where's islam? I 'm not very good at geography

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

a bay posted:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...t-irritate-you/

This all sounds like it should be really stale to me honestly but I am sure there is more than one side to the story. Pretty surprising to hear about this happening in Missouri instead of one of the places you would expect but when it happens there it isnt really news I guess. I just hope nobody makes sweeping generalizations about Muslims based on this

slut had it coming

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
New atheist shitlords are always using stories like these to push their white supremacy agenda.

Don't they realize that what it says in the new testament is a million times worse than the quran or haddith?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Ahundredbux posted:

where's islam? I 'm not very good at geography

sneaking up right behind you as we speak.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

The Romans considered gladiator games to be completely fine from a moral standpoint, yet we never judged them. If people wish to live according to the tenets of Islam, who are we to stop them? As far as I can tell people can opt out of Sharia law just like they can opt out of fast food.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

kikkelivelho posted:

The Romans considered gladiator games to be completely fine from a moral standpoint, yet we never judged them. If people wish to live according to the tenets of Islam, who are we to stop them? As far as I can tell people can opt out of Sharia law just like they can opt out of fast food.

I dunno which "we" you're talking about re: Romans, since that is a civilization that hasn't existed for centuries. I totally judge them, and they are in line with my general theory that the further back you go in time, the more monstrous humans were across the board. Ask some people who were alive in the 50s what they would have done about an interracial couple. Then get them really drunk and ask again to see which of your older relatives are basically cartoon ogres :v:

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Vacation Tenzin posted:

How can he slap?

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

deadly_pudding posted:

I dunno which "we" you're talking about re: Romans, since that is a civilization that hasn't existed for centuries. I totally judge them, and they are in line with my general theory that the further back you go in time, the more monstrous humans were across the board. Ask some people who were alive in the 50s what they would have done about an interracial couple. Then get them really drunk and ask again to see which of your older relatives are basically cartoon ogres :v:

Your comparison between ancient gladiators and modern day Islam doesn't even make any sense. The gladiators were mostly slaves who were forced to fight, while any muslim can choose to abandon Islam and the sharia system. Obviously there are some questionable practices in there, but people can easily leave those things behind if they want to. Especially women and gay men have different positions in different cultures and I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, I think various cultural differences are ultimately a good thing.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

kikkelivelho posted:

Your comparison between ancient gladiators and modern day Islam doesn't even make any sense. The gladiators were mostly slaves who were forced to fight, while any muslim can choose to abandon Islam and the sharia system. Obviously there are some questionable practices in there, but people can easily leave those things behind if they want to. Especially women and gay men have different positions in different cultures and I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, I think various cultural differences are ultimately a good thing.

"The Romans considered gladiator games to be completely fine from a moral standpoint, yet we never judged them."
I was responding to your own statement. I'll 100% judge the Romans for being loving savages. I will commend them for their indoor plumbing. We call that a compliment sandwich.

I'll judge any sort of contemporary fundamentalist group, too, because it's hosed up to subjugate somebody based on the circumstances of their birth. Caste systems, strictly-enforced gender roles, all that poo poo is mega hosed up. If a woman wants to be a traditional housewife, then good for her, let her do her thing. If she only says she wants to be a traditional housewife because she'll get the poo poo kicked out of her if she doesn't say that, then that's hosed up.

I don't think modern society should allow a space for fundamental extremists of any sort. It always boils down to using violence or the threat of violence to force somebody to conform to a lifestyle that they don't necessarily want.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

this wouldn't have happened if her hair had a gun

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
What was she wearing? Looks like she was asking for it.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

deadly_pudding posted:

"The Romans considered gladiator games to be completely fine from a moral standpoint, yet we never judged them."
I was responding to your own statement. I'll 100% judge the Romans for being loving savages. I will commend them for their indoor plumbing. We call that a compliment sandwich.

I'll judge any sort of contemporary fundamentalist group, too, because it's hosed up to subjugate somebody based on the circumstances of their birth. Caste systems, strictly-enforced gender roles, all that poo poo is mega hosed up. If a woman wants to be a traditional housewife, then good for her, let her do her thing. If she only says she wants to be a traditional housewife because she'll get the poo poo kicked out of her if she doesn't say that, then that's hosed up.

I don't think modern society should allow a space for fundamental extremists of any sort. It always boils down to using violence or the threat of violence to force somebody to conform to a lifestyle that they don't necessarily want.

I don't remember saying any of those things and I hope you'll stop putting words in my mouth. Other than that, I think we mostly agree on this issue. There's nothing objectively wrong with extreme fundamentalism as long as people can freely choose if their are part of it. Religious freedom after all is one of the corner stones of our modern western society.

symbolic posted:

this wouldn't have happened if her hair had a gun

Firearms are a christian technology, which makes them haram. The girl would have probably been disciplined even more if she had a gun on her

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

kikkelivelho posted:

Firearms are a christian technology

But, but...China....5,000 years, glorious history...... :china:

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK

kikkelivelho posted:

Yeah, I'll be sure to tell that poet and the thousands of ex-Muslims who will be killed for apostasy this year that they were free to leave at any point. All those millions mired in abject poverty under autocratic rule have sooooo much freedom. That's why we keep going to war with these countries--to steal all that precious freedom they're hoarding.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Sethex posted:

New atheist shitlords are always using stories like these to push their white supremacy agenda.

QFT

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

spacemang_spliff posted:

spare the rod, spoil the child, IMO

extrey extrey, read all about it, forums poster spacemang spliff promotes punitive incest

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dave Concepcion posted:

heres a sweeping generalization for you: people who give a poo poo about religion should all be murdered

Honestly I think we could benefit from exiling all deeply religious people, who cares which? The gambit seems to range from "Obnoxious" to "Shield for deplorable behavior" to "Murder." It benefits society by... uh.. by.. well it helped I guess stop people from murdering each other centuries ago I guess? Now it mostly does the opposite of that.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Dec 3, 2015

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Religious people running the gambit like a mother fucker lol

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

gently caress daughters

I mean, gently caress muslims, or all religions I guess

wait, no, I meant... gently caress BAD PARENTING

or... poo poo, what is the socially acceptable thing to say about this? gently caress! loving poo poo!

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
slap her like ur playin funk

dirk0
Jun 24, 2004
They don't serve fried chicken and watermelon on a daily basis in my mess hall!
Dinosaur Gum
No hijab? No virgins in heaven. Slut had it coming.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
how about a new religion where everyone has to wear masks thatd be cool i think

you could pick your own mask and itd be kind of creative and it puts everyone on a more even level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004

Mr. Unlucky posted:

how about a new religion where everyone has to wear masks thatd be cool i think

you could pick your own mask and itd be kind of creative and it puts everyone on a more even level

I don't mean to get off topic but I never understood why people who have crazy facial deformities don't wear cool masks.

• Locked thread